France donates more than THREE MILLION doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand

webfact

there are dozen of poor country that need the vaccine, why Thailand, didn't they said they literally beg the people to take vaccine but still refuse to take and holding the country hostage with travel restriction.

14 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Curious if all these good vaccines will suddenly disappear like the ones the U.S. donated and ended up in the arms of their rich buddies while the rest of the population got zero, delayed or got the Sinocrap.

Is that why Pfizer vaccines are freely available for Thais and foreigners living here? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tonsan said:

I have been trying to register for a Pfizer booster in Pattaya for the last month with no success. Yesterday, while in Queen Sirikit Sattahip for a routine check up, I asked about booster registration. They sent me up to the 3rd floor where 10 minutes later the needle was in my arm, free of charge, all smiles etc.

It seems to me that the Pattaya hospitals "just maybe" trying to push their Moderna stocks into "rich" expat arms.

I ask s similar question booster in Pattaya wrote this a number of times payback for the response I got!

If you drive north on Sukhumvit towards Bangkok once pass the Banglamung police station same side there is a large temple you will see banner in Thailand you are getting close at the entrance will see a big sign " vaccine " turn left in stay left go towards the back right place head towards tent and building bring your passport documents of your shots tell the guards you are here for the Pfizer booster. I got my 2nd shot Pfizer on September 4th,  you must be six month from last shot guards very helpful ask how old once they confirm I was 65 I got the VIP took to a desk given some forms to fill out told to take inside chairs line up like a Q 10 minutes I was at the front information enter into computer I ask Pfizer a number of times, yes,  booster, yes, given shot told to go back outside rest area, ask about anty confirmation paperwork pointed to a girl behind the computer gave her my passport and paperwork from Medpark minutes later got a new complete form with all shots noted with a QR code. All free!  Good luck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

An interesting fact might be, that France vaccinated all those who wanted here in Thailand with free-of-charge "Johnson" vaccinations, which - as they claimed back last year - would not require a booster and hence one vaccination would suffice. 

Just saying ..........

Correction!  That donation was only 100,00 doses and not to anyone who wanted it it was for French only just like the Chinese did for their own here.  Just saying too? 

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I ask s similar question booster in Pattaya wrote this a number of times payback for the response I got!

If you drive north on Sukhumvit towards Bangkok once pass the Banglamung police station same side there is a large temple you will see banner in Thailand you are getting close at the entrance will see a big sign " vaccine " turn left in stay left go towards the back right place head towards tent and building bring your passport documents of your shots tell the guards you are here for the Pfizer booster. I got my 2nd shot Pfizer on September 4th,  you must be six month from last shot guards very helpful ask how old once they confirm I was 65 I got the VIP took to a desk given some forms to fill out told to take inside chairs line up like a Q 10 minutes I was at the front information enter into computer I ask Pfizer a number of times, yes,  booster, yes, given shot told to go back outside rest area, ask about anty confirmation paperwork pointed to a girl behind the computer gave her my passport and paperwork from Medpark minutes later got a new complete form with all shots noted with a QR code. All free!  Good luck

I believe that is closed now. 

9 hours ago, Tonsan said:

I have been trying to register for a Pfizer booster in Pattaya for the last month with no success. Yesterday, while in Queen Sirikit Sattahip for a routine check up, I asked about booster registration. They sent me up to the 3rd floor where 10 minutes later the needle was in my arm, free of charge, all smiles etc.

It seems to me that the Pattaya hospitals "just maybe" trying to push their Moderna stocks into "rich" expat arms.

Mrs G and I had Moderna boosters foc courtesy of Pattaya International Hospital, at Royal Garden. We are not registered there and have never used them before.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Correction!  That donation was only 100,00 doses and not to anyone who wanted it it was for French only just like the Chinese did for their own here.  Just saying too? 

I stand corrected as I omitted to state that "France vaccinated all those French citizen who wanted here in Thailand".

Usually the French are not know for their organizing talent but French citizen all over Thailand had countless points-of-call (like Bangkok-Udon Hospital). Their Embassy did more than a sterling job.

To the contrary, the ever-so-over-important Swiss Ambassadoress offered "quite a bit later on"  vaccinations in ONE  downtown Bangkok hospital from 8am to noon - which was impossible to reach from North/Northeastern Thailand due to the prevailing curfew at the time. Needless to say that the Helvetic diplomats got vaccinated by a flown-in team of vaccinators who brought along the stuff. But the shoulder rubbing with sweetie pie Anutin was steamrollered all over the social media. 

Tip to the hat for the French ???? 

What..... more hand outs of Vaccines to Thailand...

Only a couple of Months back Anutin stated that Thailand had enough Vaccines to give all the population a booster jab and all children from 5yrs old a Vaccine dose, 

Plus what has happened to the locally produced  AZ factory, ???? 

So why would Thailand be accepting this donation...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Many countries in Africa are way behind on vaccinating their populations and the main reason is not the lack of vaccines, it's the lack of the infrastructure required to store and distribute them.

Pfizer is particularly unsuitable because, as all you vaccine experts should know by now, it requires deep freeze storage. There's little point in sending this vaccine to countries that barely have enough refrigerators, let alone large deep freeze storage and distribution facilities.

There's a lot more to a global vaccination programme than just bunging them on a plane.

Thoughts are with Africa at only 10% vaccinated it must he awfully out there at the moment. How are on the hospitals coping!? presuming they have temporary field type hospitals being set up.

Maybe time for a live aid type gig, whereby we aim to get all of Africa at least 50 % vaccinated. That's approx nearly 1 billion vaccines required in order to get close to 50% double vaccinated, the boosters can wait as will need nearly 500m of those also.

It's a hell of a task but think it can be done...  it has to be done.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, thailand49 said:

French ...and their partners

16 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Partners?  Guess Americans weren't part of that partnership I ask at a number of places J&J vaccine by the way what happen to J&J? 

It was touted strongly as a single dose vaccine I recall..... then I saw news that it too would require boosters

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It was touted strongly as a single does vaccine I recall..... then I saw news that it too would require boosters

Yes I read the same originally one dose even can keep it in a regular frig,  many of my former workers op for it not surprise it would need a booster but today J&J isn't even in the conversation. 

Until the donation of PFizer Many like myself didn't have a clue if we would ever get vaccinated unless one op for the Sino or AZ then it was too not available to everyone. Those who I know that got the J&J op for PFizer booster. 

If you are looking for a Pfizer jab as your 4th injection, and you are elderly or otherwise at risk, follow the updates as they are posted on Bangkok Pattaya Hospital's Facebook page.

A series of vaccinations events will be held at Central Festival Pattaya Beach. Apparently, reservations will be required. For the moment they are specifying a 4 month interval but that might drop to 3 months. Depending.  

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That facility is closed now.

I went by a hour ago, yes it is now closed but they aren't packed up and closed the one Thai I spoke to from what I could make out it is just temp or based on their schedule that it is closed.  I was given this location and got mines March 20th, booster told it was comp and run by the Banglamung Hospital you might what to try their FaceBook page and see if there is an schedule best to have a Thai do the checking or calling. Good luck as noted they might be doing it at the Naval hospital in Sattahip?

On 4/5/2022 at 4:17 AM, RandiRona said:

I think France should donate those to Africa or Latam where these are required. I think Thailand got all the supplies they need. 

You speak for the Thai people do you? ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomster said:

If we weren't subjected to the campaign of fear that the owners of MSM unleashed on Covid, we would have just said there is a nasty bug going around and that would have been it.

Excess death figures back that up in just about every country.

It was both weaponized and politicized - most fell for it but thankfully many didn't and now they are pushing back hard.

Interesting times ahead.

Complete B.S., as usual!

Excess deaths figures absolutely confirm the number of Covid deaths with a margin of broadly +/- 5%.

https://www.ft.com/content/a2901ce8-5eb7-4633-b89c-cbdf5b386938

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:51 PM, ukrules said:

Apparently there's a load of people who Macron hates who for one reason or another don't want the vaccine.

He has sworn to make their lives hell yet hopes they all vote for him in the election this month ????

Goodbye Macron.

Good for Thailand ans I agree to that, but as for Macron, as afrenchman, I do hope we will get rid of Macron on april 24th, but I much doubt of it.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:17 PM, RandiRona said:

I think France should donate those to Africa or Latam where these are required. I think Thailand got all the supplies they need. 

May be ask your own country to whom they donate ?

On 4/5/2022 at 1:13 AM, Aforek said:

August 2021, France donated 10 millions doses in Africa 

If people don't want the vaccines just because they think Macron hates them, they are very stupid : health should not be connected with politics 

I don't say " good bye Macron ", i shall vote for him

I won't vote for this <deleted> who said he wants to deconstruct France history  and that french culture did not exist, amon many other things.

So I would happily say "Good bye Micron"