France donates more than THREE MILLION doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

France plays a leading role in the implementation of this strategy. It has already donated 84 million doses and will provide another 120 million doses by July 2022.

Who paying for all of this, the French tax payers, wow, and what do they get for their monies worth, mandatory vaccinations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

France donates more than THREE MILLION doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand

[/quote]

Mon Dieu, why????  Thailand can easily afford to buy all the vaccines that it needs.  As RandiRona commented, donate them to a more deserving country which cannot afford them.

It's a twisted political move.

Has little to do with caring and practical philanthropical modes. 

• Like 2

I have been trying to register for a Pfizer booster in Pattaya for the last month with no success. Yesterday, while in Queen Sirikit Sattahip for a routine check up, I asked about booster registration. They sent me up to the 3rd floor where 10 minutes later the needle was in my arm, free of charge, all smiles etc.

It seems to me that the Pattaya hospitals "just maybe" trying to push their Moderna stocks into "rich" expat arms.

16 minutes ago, Tonsan said:

It seems to me that the Pattaya hospitals "just maybe" trying to push their Moderna stocks into "rich" expat arms.

It was simply required to turn up and The Royal Garden or Monk's College and you would have got a jab quite quickly and efficiently. Pfizer was what I got, but they said Moderna was available. Did you even bother or sat at your computer trying to register.

• Like 1

An interesting fact might be, that France vaccinated all those who wanted here in Thailand with free-of-charge "Johnson" vaccinations, which - as they claimed back last year - would not require a booster and hence one vaccination would suffice. 

Just saying ..........

Where are they going to find 3 million Thais at this late stage of the game who want a booster? They've been pleading for months for people to come forward to get a booster, I should have thought by now that everyone who really wants one will have had one. And all those people (like myself) who've had a Pfizer booster will have to wait at least six months before getting a second one, so probably mid-year then. I hope they've got a super-cold storage facility where they can keep these doses as I don't see them being used very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I think France should donate those to Africa or Latam where these are required. I think Thailand got all the supplies they need. 

Latam? Ah, Latin America. Although we all hear about Africa, have not heard much about vax supply in South & Latin America. Anybody here know?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It was simply required to turn up and The Royal Garden or Monk's College and you would have got a jab quite quickly and efficiently. Pfizer was what I got, but they said Moderna was available. Did you even bother or sat at your computer trying to register.

Royal Garden in the beginning no Pfizer unless you were a expat over 65, then the age slowly got lower then PFizer as a booster only if you were given originally the Sino or AZ.  As for Moderna I've not heard it being given free at Royal Garden or any public government hospital or clinic my Thai family members finally got theirs Feb-March,  I myself got information in March that the large temple pass the Banglamung police station one could get a Pfizer booster which I did March 21st,  I inquirer about those with Moderna can get a Pfizer booster answer No. Until recently on the darkside Pattaya my daughter in-law brother 11 in and out of school last two years his first PFizer shot a few days ago I've not heard kids under 5 being offered not sure if test show it is safe for them my granddaughter 3 goes to pre-school required a Antigen test once a week. 

I hope with all the donations of PFizer it start to become more accessible in reality? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtof2 said:

Now that I've done my job lobbying for you, Uncle Tu, renew my visa and no more 90 days reporting !
A French 

I'll just take it that you are not naive enough to expect any actual gratitude from the Powers That Be. They will just be thinking what mugs the French are.

As said above, donate to Sudan or wherever. Thailand is rolling in money.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Anybody know when the Pfizer booster will arrive in Pattaya?  I had number 2 in October.

Well, baboon, jnr had her first Pfizer yesterday, so not long I daresay. They have already made it to Chumphon...

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I think France should donate those to Africa or Latam where these are required. I think Thailand got all the supplies they need. 

The problem with Africa's relatively low rate of vaccination is no longer a lack of vaccines - it's a lack of demand. As per the report below, there's a large amount of vaccine hesitancy in many African countries.

'The doses are here, but vaccine hesitancy remains high'

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Anybody know when the Pfizer booster will arrive in Pattaya?  I had number 2 in October.

Pfizer as a #4 dose on 30 March 2022 (Lower isaan, local hospital) as no Moderna booster available here this time. App correctly updated 2 days later. Of interest is the fact that my 3rd dose was Moderna, soon after the US donation and now merci beaucoup to the French!

Edited by rbkk

Just tell me where to go in Khon Kaen and I"ll happily take one. No-one here seems to know.

Been eligible for number 3 couple of days now, after mandatory 6 months wait (wife asked, but was refused  until 6 months up, despite gov. crying for people to be boosted.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Goodbye Macron.

Looks like he is going to win quite easily ! French citizens might have adopted the famous reset button the Thais have. May be it was in the deal lol
The Gilets Jaunes seemed decided to note negociate and to go as far as possible, 2 years of Covid and a Russian invasion of Ukraine later and he is going to be reelected....sacre bleu ! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tonsan said:

I have been trying to register for a Pfizer booster in Pattaya for the last month with no success. Yesterday, while in Queen Sirikit Sattahip for a routine check up, I asked about booster registration. They sent me up to the 3rd floor where 10 minutes later the needle was in my arm, free of charge, all smiles etc.

Out of interest we just got our Moderna boosters at BPH and the vast majority of those attending were young thais

5 hours ago, swm59nj said:

People constantly complain about lack of vaccine, and cost.  So France donates vaccines and people complain about that. 
I guess some people are just plain miserable.  

And It's probably the same guys complaining about both!! ????

7 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

It's a twisted political move.

Has little to do with caring and practical philanthropical modes. 

Ahem! Unlike USA, China, Russia, UK.....

(joking, in case some people may not notice it)