Florida's Don't Say Gay Bill Signed Into Law -- Demagogue's Delight

Jingthing

10 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

err.. I missed the part where you pointed out exactly where the bill says "don't say gay". Are you confirming the whole "don't say gay" is yet another in a long long line of disinformation campaigns by the left leaning mainstream media? Certainly looking that way.

No.

Its obviously a cute shorthand description of what the bill actually does.

Not meant to be taken quite as strictly literally as you insist.

"Again this bill and the copycats is about erasing speech about LGBT people and history in ALL GRADES with vicious intimidation tactics / threats of lawsuits / threats of firings."

How this bill actually does that has been explained several times here already.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No.

"Again this bill and the copycats is about erasing speech about LGBT people and history in ALL GRADES with vicious intimidation tactics / threats of lawsuits / threats of firings."

How this bill actually does that has been explained several times here already.

I have given you fair opportunity to back up your hysterical bigotry and disinformation with facts. Of course you can not do this. Because your whole premise is false. The bill has absolutely nothing to do with not saying gay. Enough of my time wasted arguing with fantasist haters, good day to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I have given you fair opportunity to back up your hysterical bigotry and disinformation with facts. Of course you can not do this. Because your whole premise is false. The bill has absolutely nothing to do with not saying gay. Enough of my time wasted arguing with fantasist haters, good day to you.

Total BS.

You refuse to process the information given SEVERAL TIMES and insist on an absurd level of anal literalism.

You're not fooling anyone.

You were never open to actually learning about and understanding these issues.

Typical I'm sure.of the right wing anti LGBT base being pandered to with these bills.

"Good day" and good riddance back at you indeed.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Replace "premise" with "my opinion is the only one that true, because I say so".  People read words and interpret those words in order to make their point.  The "Don't say gay" mantra has been oft repeated by the left wing media pundits but when challenged, it's "well, don't take it literally".  

4 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

Replace "premise" with "my opinion is the only one that true, because I say so".  People read words and interpret those words in order to make their point.  The "Don't say gay" mantra has been oft repeated by the left wing media pundits but when challenged, it's "well, don't take it literally".  

"Again this bill and the copycats is about erasing speech about LGBT people and history in ALL GRADES with vicious intimidation tactics / threats of lawsuits / threats of firings."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This topic isn't about forum policies.

The side limiting speech in schools with intimidation and lawsuits is 100 percent the right wing side.

You seem to be an expert on assuming what my meaning or intent is regarding my comment to a post. Amazing ability.

Getting real.

This is a culture wars political wedge issue kind of thing.

Minds won't be changed any more than you can convince a trumpist that he's the worst not the best.

The fact remains that the anti LGBT civil rights "religious" right wing is going for blood now against everything LGBT.

They are persistent, they have money, and they have clever demagogue tactics.

Yes they are winning.

So for people supporting ignorant bigotry against LGBT people I suppose you can celebrate.

They are doing exactly the same thing with fake issue anti CRT laws.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not meant to be taken quite as strictly literally as you insist.

Ah I see. So the bill does not say anything about gays. Thanks for admitting it. But then a few minutes later you are off on your misinformation/disinformation spree.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Total BS.

You refuse to process the information given SEVERAL TIMES and insist on an absurd level of anal literalism.

You're not fooling anyone.

You were never open to actually learning about and understanding these issues.

Typical I'm sure.of the right wing anti LGBT base being pandered to with these bills.

"Good day" and good riddance back at you indeed.

Curious how such clear disinformation as misnaming a bill with a name that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual contents of the bill, solely to be inflammatory is permitted here? Most odd.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Ah I see. So the bill does not say anything about gays. Thanks for admitting it. But then a few minutes later you are off on your misinformation/disinformation spree.

Curious how such clear disinformation as misnaming a bill with a name that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual contents of the bill, solely to be inflammatory is permitted here? Most odd.

The language about sexual orientation and gender id, are you really so delusional as to think that the intended targets are heterosexuality and cisgenders?

Very very hard to believe.

Dude, its bad enough that the right wing ignorant anti LGBT bigots are winning on issues that seemed to be settled decades ago, but sorry such people will never get away with successfully gaslighting this, acting like they are not doing what anyone can see they are indeed doing.

The ignorant bigots can take away LGBT civil rights but they won't be able to brainwash LGBT people into believing they didn't. The same is true about the fake CRT in schools issue.

Edited by Jingthing

As far as people referring to these bills with the shorthand  Don't Say Gay, well I didn't make up that name but it is very widely used in msm and it does accurately reflect the speech repression intent for ALL GRADES.

As I've said before I think a better name might be the Promote LGBT youth suicide bill.

Trying to defend LGBT free speech against the anti liberty right wing.

Of course this law has passed

https://pen.org/press-release/free-expression-and-lgbtq-advocates-hold-media-briefing-2-14-on-florida-dont-say-gay-bill/

FREE EXPRESSION AND LGBTQ+ ADVOCATES HOLD MEDIA BRIEFING 2/14 ON FLORIDA ‘DON’T SAY GAY’ BILL

WASHINGTON — On Monday, February 14 at 10:00 a.m. ET, PEN America will convene a virtual media briefing of LGBTQ+ and free speech advocates to discuss the “Don’t Say Gay” bill advancing in the Florida Senate that would bar school districts from encouraging classroom discussion of sexual orientation or gender identity. 

PEN has been the premier national organization defending free expression for the last 100 years, and their team has been at the forefront of tracking intrusive efforts by state legislatures to suppress academic freedom, ban certain curricula, and erase the identities and stories of marginalized groups. 

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As far as people referring to these bills with the shorthand  Don't Say Gay, well I didn't make up that name but it is very widely used in msm and it does accurately reflect the speech repression intent for ALL GRADES.

As I've said before I think a better name might be the Promote LGBT youth suicide bill.

You know, first you better lay some blame with the gay teachers who take things to far. If a 5 yr old has 2 mommies it's the kid's parent's who shoulder the responsibility of explaining things to the kid. Not the teacher. If there's an issue that needs addressing in the classroom the teacher needs to turn info over to school admin. it shouldn't be the teacher's responsibility to teach THIS in the classroom. What don't you understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You know, first you better lay some blame with the gay teachers who take things to far. If a 5 yr old has 2 mommies it's the kid's parent's who shoulder the responsibility of explaining things to the kid. Not the teacher. If there's an issue that needs addressing in the classroom the teacher needs to turn info over to school admin. it shouldn't be the teacher's responsibility to teach THIS in the classroom. What don't you understand.

You don't understand. It actually feels intentional. The way you framed your comment above is a total distortion. These bills are HATE scapegoating bills and clearly their supporters are along for the ride. If the above is the knee jerk reactionary gutter level narrative that you insist on pursuing, I really have nothing more to say to you.

Shame on all supporters of these LGBT yourh suicide promotion bills. They are already marginalized. These bills make it much worse, they tell them they shouldn't even exist and have no history.

Bullies in schools. Bullies on forums. Bullies in governor's mansions.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 2:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Teachers aren't robots.

I recall numerous teachers announcing their upcoming or recent marriages to the class and of course they gendered their partners.

Also kids do ask questions.

It appears the anti LGBT bigots want LGBT teachers to lie.

No they want them to teach academics not indoctrinate them on their sexual experiences, partners, or proclivities.  Certainly if I asked my teacher whether in grade school, high school, or college something in regards to their personal relationship, the appropriate response would be that sharing personal details with students is inappropriate.  

If a teacher feels compelled to "celibrate" their sexual diversity they should do so with other "age appropriate" persons and certainly not with the children under their supervision. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

No they want them to teach academics not indoctrinate them on their sexual experiences, partners, or proclivities.  Certainly if I asked my teacher whether in grade school, high school, or college something in regards to their personal relationship, the appropriate response would be that sharing personal details with students is inappropriate.  

If a teacher feels compelled to "celibrate" their sexual diversity they should do so with other "age appropriate" persons and certainly not with the children under their supervision. 

Are you American?

Accusing teachers of indoctrination is a hateful lie along the same lines as false accusations of grooming.

These bills are all about politics, pandering to right wing bases to raise money and increase turnout. Nothing about protecting or helping children.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Since forever. Gay is not limited to sexual. It also includes emotional. I recall such attraction as among my earliest school memories. 

Though I was never into fashion!

And I suspect no one cared then, and I have no clue why you think anyone cares now whether that is your attraction or anyone elses "gay" attraction.  

This undying pleading for not tolerance but rather advocation of the gay life is wrong.  Live your life as you see fit with others that share your lifestyle.  Stop trying to evangilize it and stop trying to demand that the general public who is decidedly hetrosexual bow to it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And I suspect no one cared then, and I have no clue why you think anyone cares now whether that is your attraction or anyone elses "gay" attraction.  

This undying pleading for not tolerance but rather advocation of the gay life is wrong.  Live your life as you see fit with others that share your lifestyle.  Stop trying to evangilize it and stop trying to demand that the general public who is decidedly hetrosexual bow to it. 

There you go again.

Obviously someone cares because these anti LGBT activists are pushing and passing anti LGBT bills all over the country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Are you American?

Does that make a difference?  You have repeatedly gone on this forum essentially groveling to people to not just accept that there are gays in this world but have them join your crusade to proselytize the gay lifestyle. 

Are you that insecure that you need public affirmation?  I certainly never had any teacher, nor did I ever know of any teacher that felt compelled to share the intimate details of their personal lives particularly their sex lives with students. 

Why you think that anyone cares who you choose to sleep with is beyound me.  If you are comfortable with your choice then who cares what others think. 

Certainly the majority of people who are heterosexual have rights to.  And one of those rights includes the right not to have our children indoctrinated in a public school where they are captive.  If you wish to go on a crusade to foster the gay lifestyle that is fine but calling a duck a chicken doesn't make it a chicken and calling teachers in classrooms "freedom of speech" rather than what it is "grooming" is no more accurate. 

Edited by Longwood50
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There you go again.

Obviously someone cares because these anti LGBT activists are pushing and passing anti LGBT bills all over the country.

You have it backwards.  No one cares but it is the LGTB community that is pushing for freedom to exploit.  If the LGTB community did not infringe on the rights of others to foster their agenda NO ONE WOULD CARE. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Does that make a difference?  You have repeatedly gone on this forum essentially groveling to people to not just accept that there are gays in this world but have them join your crusade to proselytize the gay lifestyle. 

Are you that insecure that you need public affirmation?  I certainly never had any teacher, nor did I ever know of any teacher that felt compelled to share the intimate details of their personal lives particularly their sex lives with students. 

Why you think that anyone cares who you choose to sleep with is beyound me.  If you are comfortable with your choice then who cares what others think. 

Certainly the majority of people who are heterosexual have rights to.  And one of those rights includes the right not to have our children indoctrinated in a public school where they are captive.  If you wish to go on a crusade to foster the gay lifestyle that is fine but calling a duck a chicken doesn't make it a duck and calling teachers in classrooms "freedom of speech" rather than what it is "grooming" is no more accurate. 

The grooming thing again.

100 percent lying hate speech.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

You have it backwards.  No one cares but it is the LGTB community that is pushing for freedom to exploit.  If the LGTB community did not infringe on the rights of others to foster their agenda NO ONE WOULD CARE. 

You're just wrong and you're actively promoting bigotry. 

You're just wrong and you're actively promoting bigotry. 

I would say the same thing if it was a teacher promoting their personal religious, political or heterosexual behavior.  Teachers are there to teach academic subjects.  Not to discuss their personal lives. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh really, 

If it was a heterosexual sharing details of a sexual nature with minors it would be "grooming"  We call those people pedofiles. 

Calling a gay person who does the same with minors is NO DIFFERENT.  It is grooming. 

There is absolutely no valid reason why any teacher whether heterosexual or gay should be sharing their personal sex lives with students. PERIOD

Your flaming and its DISGUSTING.

Teachers aren't sharing details of their sex lives.

• Thanks 1