Kor Ror 2 Translation

We're trying to figure out what the Kor Ror 2 is the wife is confused because she keeps seeing English translated documents. The original is going to come from the Amphur in Thai so why are people translating this and is it required?

• Haha 1

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

and another question, this is just to change from a tourist to Non-O until the 400k can be be in the bank for the required 2 months. Do we still need the For For 2 for this step or just the 12 month extension?

It will needed for the non-o visa application and the one year extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If it is being used here in the country the Kor Ror 2 does not need to be translated.

You can get a up to date print out of the Kor Ror 2 at any Amphoe.

Great thanks!

Ok from the PDF which I believe you sent me there is also:

6.3 Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family

What is this exactly? We need to go back to embassy again?

Btw the document I'm referencing right now is called "6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf".

Are all these steps the same for the 12 month extension and changing the visa? I see they even want all these pictures:

9. Approximately 6 photographs of family pictures and house residents pictures (including House No. and inside a house)

10. Other Relevant Documents such as;

Rental Agreement between the Applicant and The Landlord. With a copy of ID card and House Registration of the Landlord (certified true copy by the Landlord) ; Condo or House purchase agreement ; Location the house or condo map and a rental receipt Past three months

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

6.3 Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family

That will not be needed. Immigration does not ask for it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Great thanks!

Ok from the PDF which I believe you sent me there is also:

What is this exactly? We need to go back to embassy again?

In my case here in Chiang Mai, the immigration office did require this letter, but not sure at other immigration offices.  For US citizens, you will have to schedule an appointment via the US consulate website (note: there are limited appointments at the Chiang Mai consulate).  You can download the general affidavit form (forgot the specific name) and have it filled out prior to your appointment. It is nothing more that "I, (your name), am married to (her name). We were married at (location).....".  The consulate officer ask "Do you swear/affirm the information is true".....you say yes and they signed it with the stamped seal.  I think the cost is $50 or so.  Good luck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

I hope so because that would be a total pain to get! ????

If they did want it you could get the village head to writ up a statement that you are living together that would be accepted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That will not be needed. Immigration does not ask for it.

ubonjoe, I saw your other post regarding the village head.  As I indicated, the CM immigration officer we were dealing with wanted the affidavit from the embassy.  Rather pointless and antiquated requirement IMO. 

1 hour ago, howlee101 said:

ubonjoe, I saw your other post regarding the village head.  As I indicated, the CM immigration officer we were dealing with wanted the affidavit from the embassy.  Rather pointless and antiquated requirement IMO. 

and I'm in Chiang Mai! Oh no I guess I need to get this. Another day of work lost to immigration. ????

Btw this is going to cut things really close for me. The document I referred to earlier says "

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED MORE THAN 15 DAYS BEFORE VISA EXPIRATION"

My tourist via expired a few months ago and I've been on COVID extensions. Do this 15 days still apply?

Ok, the US embassy says their only appointment is on the 19th and my COVID extension expired on the 26th so I don't have the 15 days required if I need that extra document. Did the COVID extensions finally get canceled like they said they were?

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

and I'm in Chiang Mai! Oh no I guess I need to get this. Another day of work lost to immigration. ????

Btw this is going to cut things really close for me. The document I referred to earlier says "

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED MORE THAN 15 DAYS BEFORE VISA EXPIRATION"

My tourist via expired a few months ago and I've been on COVID extensions. Do this 15 days still apply?

You can try the method ubonjoe mentioned about the village head. Dealing with immigrations is at times a roll of the dice. Even the Thai volunteers that checks your paperwork before you go in said to me..."in the morning they want two copies, and the afternoon it may be three or none". 

Just now, howlee101 said:

You can try the method ubonjoe mentioned about the village head. Dealing with immigrations is at times a roll of the dice. Even the Thai volunteers that checks your paperwork before you go in said to me..."in the morning they want two copies, and the afternoon it may be three or none". 

What they want is even not clear: "

Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family"

What does that even mean? We're already got married and have stacks of these other papers but want proof of something else?

13 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Ok, the US embassy says their only appointment is on the 19th and my COVID extension expired on the 26th so I don't have the 15 days required if I need that extra document. Did the COVID extensions finally get canceled like they said they were?

Covid extensions are still available until May 24th, so you could apply for another one to have 15+ days left for your non-immigrant visa application. 

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

What they want is even not clear: "

Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family"

What does that even mean? We're already got married and have stacks of these other papers but want proof of something else?

My best guess is a statement saying you and your wife are married and the marriage took place at wherever on whatever date....and signed with an official looking stamp. Agree it isn't clear and doesn't make sense but TIT. Another option is roll the dice and see if they ask for it. Another thing... not sure if it makes a difference if you were married in Thailand or abroad...we were married in Florida

3 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

My best guess is a statement saying you and your wife are married and the marriage took place at wherever on whatever date....and signed with an official looking stamp. Agree it isn't clear and doesn't make sense but TIT. Another option is roll the dice and see if they ask for it. Another thing... not sure if it makes a difference if you were married in Thailand or abroad...we were married in Florida

Ah we were married right here just a couple months ago. We just went to the amphur and got the Kor Ror 2 which is yet another confirmation of the same thing we just did 2 months ago. I think I'm just going to show up on Thursday as planned since we got the day off and see what they say. 

Sure TIT but if they deny my marriage which happened in December because I don't have I don't have a letter "certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family" then I'll try to beg or bribe them. ???? Seriously though what's the purpose of the marriage if it requires all these extra supporting documents.... Arg....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is not quite the case. The KR2 is proof that the marriage is still current and many immigration offices have started to check it is no more than 12 months old.

That makes sense to have this updated every 12 months (at least) but I would be surprised if they needed it if you were married less than 12 months ago (although I have seen Thais blinding follow procedures for no good reason). Anyways I got that already and it wasn't so hard to get. If they want that letter from the embassy then I'll be in a bad mood as it will cost many hours of lost work and time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

That makes sense to have this updated every 12 months (at least) but I would be surprised if they needed it if you were married less than 12 months ago (although I have seen Thais blinding follow procedures for no good reason). Anyways I got that already and it wasn't so hard to get. If they want that letter from the embassy then I'll be in a bad mood as it will cost many hours of lost work and time.

I am puzzled why you say "it wasn't so hard to get", if I remember right you are given it along with the marriage certificate.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I am puzzled why you say "it wasn't so hard to get", if I remember right you are given it along with the marriage certificate.

When immigration first asked for a Kor Ror 2 my wife did not know what it was since we had not gotten one when we got married (now over 20 years ago). Immigration showed her one and she made a quick trip to the local Amphoe to get a printout of it.

My wife gets a new printout of it every year now shortly before we apply for my extension.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When immigration first asked for a Kor Ror 2 my wife did not know what it was since we had not gotten one when we got married (now over 20 years ago). Immigration showed her one and she made a quick trip to the local Amphoe to get a printout of it.

My wife gets a new printout of it every year now shortly before we apply for my extension.

May well depend on the Amphur concerned, my original is dated the day we got married, 2nd July 2008, and has my signature both front and back with a multitude of other signatures.

The replacements do not have any signatures, only Amphur stamp front and back.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 4:33 PM, sandyf said:

The KR2 is proof that the marriage is still current

Are you sure ? KR3 is the proof that marriage is still current, because they print you a document in English with new date every year.

6 minutes ago, thwo said:

Kor Ror 2 is the marriage certificate that looks like a diploma ?

The marriage certificate is a Kor Ror 3.

A Kor Ror 2 is the marriage registry that contains the names of you witnesses and the approver of you application. A print out of it from an Amphoe is proof you are still married. If divorced you would not be able to get the printout of it.

• Like 1