Does Thailand allow work permit with syphilis?

On 4/6/2022 at 4:16 PM, VocalNeal said:

????Isn't that one of the illnesses on the work permit medical certificate?

I seem to remember something about it on the visa application ? But that was a dozen years ago.

The requirement is that one be free of Stage 3 syphilis.

A weakly positive treponomal test or very low RPR titer does nto preclude employment but your problem will be whether the doctor/clinic issuing the certificate understand this.

I suggest he use Dr. Donna at medconsultasia, a "real" doctor who will understand this. also, before coming, get a medical summary letter from the doctors who have treated him, giving the history of the treatmebnt and his lab results showing declining titer.

The other potential glitch is that some employers (only a few) are requiring the actual lab test result and employer will surely not understand anything that does not read "negative".

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

1 can definitely be false positive. Happened to me. If over years and different hospitals would require further investigation.

It is required

Just go where they don't test.

Did you get it when you have to do the work permit application? Or did you just use the certificate without the blood test?

Edited by Baldman77

The third stage of syphilis is apparent without the need for a blood test and, in many cases, would render you incapable of working. Many doctors, knowing this, will confirm that you are not suffering from terminal syphilis without a blood test.