Young man with knife reportedly scaring tourists arrested on Second Road in Pattaya

webfact

1649255036717-696x392.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - A young man brandishing a knife in the parking lot of a local mall on Second Road was arrested yesterday by a team from the Pattaya Police.

The man had reportedly been scaring tourists and local residents alike around the Avenue shopping mall, April 6th, 2022, around 5:30 PM.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Pattaya Police had to use special equipment to subdue the man who did not identify himself and may have been a foreign national from a nearby country.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/06/young-man-with-knife-reportedly-scaring-tourists-arrested-on-second-road-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya Police had to use special equipment

I heard on the radio the special equipment was a stick.

Doesn't sound like special equipment to me. 

The cops should have popped down to Mike's shopping mall and got a Taser, lots for sale. 

I know of at least 3 security guards at the Avenue.  Likely 10 Grab drivers, and more than 5 orange vested Thai motorcycle men there daily.

Would these guys react if their wives or girlfriends were threatened? 

One small Thai guy with a small knife?   Just trip him up from behind, then after he falls down take away the knife.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jcmj said:

Don’t worry. I’m sure he’s not Thai and they will deport him. Sure can’t have this bad boy ruining Pattaya’s reputation. ????????

yep don't want to overshadow the motor bike taxi riders now do we...

20 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I know of at least 3 security guards at the Avenue.  Likely 10 Grab drivers, and more than 5 orange vested Thai motorcycle men there daily.

Would these guys react if their wives or girlfriends were threatened? 

One small Thai guy with a small knife?   Just trip him up from behind, then after he falls down take away the knife.  

what ..get a thai to stand up to some one when no cash to be gained...behave yourself