Marriage visa extension renewal question

Good afternoon all. I would appreciate some help with something I am not sure about. In a few weeks I must apply for my new marriage visa extension This will be the first time I renewed it. My current visa expires on April 28.

After a few years my wife and I finally have a chance to take a much needed vacation. I am wondering if I submit everything at the local immigration office (Nakhon Phanom) on the April 18, will it be possible for us to travel for 35 days before returning. I just got lucky and found the resort where we want for a very good deal, so I want to try to reserve it quickly. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, sagra said:

I am wondering if I submit everything at the local immigration office (Nakhon Phanom) on the April 18, will it be possible for us to travel for 35 days before returning.

You will need a re-entry for the under consideration period that will be valid to the report back date.

Since you are applying at a immigration office in the northeast your 30 day under consideration period will start from the day your current extension of stay ends.

1 hour ago, sagra said:

This will be the first time I renewed it. My current visa expires on April 28.

After a few years my wife and I finally have a chance to take a much needed vacation. I am wondering if I submit everything at the local immigration office (Nakhon Phanom) on the April 18, will it be possible for us to travel for 35 days before returning. I just got lucky and found the resort where we want for a very good deal, so I want to try to reserve it quickly. 

I'm pretty sure you can apply 45 days before the extensions expiry date.

Shouldn't have an issue as far as I know, as they will provide you with a stamp in the passport for when to return to get the 12 month extension, and on that day they will also renew your 90 days.

If you apply you will get an under consideration stamp that tells you to return in 30 days from when your extension expires for final approval . So if you apply on April 18th it would mean you would need to return to immigration for the final stamp on the 18th of May or sometime around that date . Now its possible if you explained that you will be gone they could extend it to a date after your return , thats something you d need to ask the officer . You did not say if you were travelling inside the country or outside . I have come in one day late and it was not an issue but I would ask . If its a time sensitive booking you need . Go do your extension now . IT wont change the return date its always 30 days after your extension expires  . But at least you ll have an answer .

On 4/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, deansy1972 said:

If you haven’t done so yet you can get a 60 day extension and then apply for you 12 month extension when you return from your holiday. It will cost you 1900 Baht for the extension 

Deansy1972

FWIW. In Udon Thani the 60 day extension is not added to your current extension. It will start the day you apply so you will loose any remaining time on your current extension (I have personal experience earlier this week so this information is accurate at this time). I do not know if this a normal condition or if it is an interpretation specific to the current staff in Udon Thani @ubonjoe a comment on this extension date would be appreciated.

Also in the past in Udon Thani the maximum time you could apply for an extension was 30 days before, this has now changed and the will accept it up to 45 days early

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

FWIW. In Udon Thani the 60 day extension is not added to your current extension. It will start the day you apply so you will loose any remaining time on your current extension (I have personal experience earlier this week so this information is accurate at this time). I do not know if this a normal condition or if it is an interpretation specific to the current staff in Udon Thani @ubonjoe a comment on this extension date would be appreciated.

The 60 day extension should start from the day the current extension ends. Udon appears to have their own rules for it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day extension should start from the day the current extension ends. Udon appears to have their own rules for it.

Thank you, that was my understanding of the rules, so I went in on Monday to get a 60 day extension to change my normal extension finish date, the immigration officer was very clear that while he was happy to give me the 60 days it would cancel my current extension (May 15) and the new period would finish on June 5th. There was no possible misunderstanding or miscommunication, it was not that my application was too early. So I went back on Wednesday with my normal renewal (though earlier than usual) and got a 69 day under consideration period stamp, this will cover my upcoming trip to the U.K. so I got issued a re entry permit to June 14.

Of course TIT YMMV so another person going into Udon immigration may get a different answer, though it looks as if some of the senior staff have just changed so this is likely to be the rule for the moment..

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 4/9/2022 at 8:31 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

Also in the past in Udon Thani the maximum time you could apply for an extension was 30 days before, this has now changed and the will accept it up to 45 days early

I did my extension in Udon Thani a month ago and the 60 day extension was add from the last day of previous visa.

13 minutes ago, deansy1972 said:

I did my extension in Udon Thani a month ago and the 60 day extension was add from the last day of previous visa.

How many days did your previous extension have to run?
Was it a 1 year marriage extension?

VISAS are irrelevant as they don’t give permission to stay.