How to return to Bangkok

Hi All

I had to rush back to UK due to some financial issues and I was in Bangkok for 14 months from Tourist Visa and 5-6 Covid Extensions.  I overstayed by 9 days as i had some personal issues in which i couldnt go to immigration and it was too late by then so at the airport I paid the 4500 fine.  

Now back in UK,  I need to back to Bangkok in May.  Iam looking at potential ways of going back.  Is there anyone there with an idea on how to get back?  I dont have family or children in Bangkok.  I just wish to go for a couple of months and then back.

I am hearing denials at Bangkok and Phuket for quick returns.  I am potentially looking at trying to get a TR visa here in London and then fly to Chiang Mai before going to Bangkok.  Is this viable option?

If you get a tourist visa to use for entry the risk of being questioned on entry or denied entry are much less than entering visa exempt.

Not sure about the availability of flights to Chiang Mai at this time.

• Like 1

With a tourist visa, you should definitely be OK if you fly into Chiang Mai. If you clear immigration in Bangkok, you will probably also be OK, but there have been occasional stories of unjustified denied entry in Bangkok, even when you have a visa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

With a tourist visa, you should definitely be OK if you fly into Chiang Mai. If you clear immigration in Bangkok, you will probably also be OK, but there have been occasional stories of unjustified denied entry in Bangkok, even when you have a visa.

Just been on facebook community and lots of scaremongering so I am unsure about going into Bangkok especially after just leaving there for being there 14 months

Edited by pantsonfire

2 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Just been on facebook community and lots of scaremongering so I am unsure about going into Bangkok especially after just leaving there for being there 14 months

The horror stories when you possess a visa are real but rare. Officials at both Bangkok airports have been known to ignore immigration law, and award themselves discretion (not given to them by Thai law) to deny entry to those holding valid visas. If you can arrive in Chiang Mai, that would be safest. If not, be well groomed and polite. Problems, while possible, are unlikely.

• Like 1