Some great places to visit across Vietnam

As an expat living in Vietnam, you are spoilt for choice as far as places to visit without having to leave the country.

Tourist boards have the job to promote the top destinations in order to fill up the hotels.

Phu Quoc is being touted as the next Dubai with an upgrade to its airport and mega theme parks and resorts planned.

Danang with its great beaches and many golf courses has become a fixture for all tourists but where would you suggest friends should go to enjoy the other side of Vietnam?

Personally, I like the cooler temperatures offered at Dalat, the former capital when the French ruled Vietnam.

Enjoyed the French-style city, the palace, and even a dry toboggan ride as well!

UNESCO everywhere

There are a lot of wonderful UNESCO sites to visit as well.

Vietnam accepted the convention on 19 October 1987, making its natural and cultural sites eligible for inclusion on the list. As of 2021, there are eight World Heritage Sites in Vietnam, including five cultural sites, two natural sites, and one mixed.

Of the eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites found in Vietnam, here are five you absolutely must not miss.

931652078_HueMonuments.jpg.0da1b8c016413d372c46f73e2b6866cb.jpg

Hue Monuments

The Complex of Hue Monuments. The Noon Gate of the Hue Citadel. ...

Trang An Landscape Complex. Paddleboat eco-tours in Trang An. ...

Hoi An Ancient Town. ...

Ha Long Bay. ...

175844569_PhongNha-KeBangNationalPark.jpg.e9f6bc282e92b25b7d8b0b632ce1f9ac.jpg

Phong Nha-Ke Bang

Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.

I also enjoy just wandering around the back streets of Hanoi or HCMC, where you tend to find the real spirit of the locals and their way of life.

As many of our readers are overseas, it would be extremely helpful if you could add to the list of interesting places to visit across Vietnam?

Join our 3 x a week Vietnam News, Travel and Expat information newsletter and keep up to date. https://aseannow.com/newsletter.php

On 4/8/2022 at 11:03 PM, Annieclover2 said:

Da Nang is really a nice place,,, atleast my favourite. weather is also sunny throughout the year, its a good place for activities such as surfing, kayaking, beach volleyball, and jet-skiing

My favorite place in SEA. What an awesome atmosphere that city has.

• Like 1