Man Utd and Liverpool fans team up.....to report big match rip-off to the police

webfact

4 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Yup, at those prices it's enough to make anyone see red.

Well worth it...they`re seeing their heroes....:cheesy:

well perhaps the odd one or two......now if Denis/Bobby/George and Nobby were playing ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Well worth it...they`re seeing their heroes....:cheesy:

well perhaps the odd one or two......now if Denis/Bobby/George and Nobby were playing ????

Well not really... they won't get to see even the inside of the stadium as they have been defrauded. 

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You cant call someone a numpty for the choices that that make. Its upto each individual to choose how they wish to spend their money.

United & Liverpool have a huge following in South east Asia & some of these fans in Thailand are fanatical supporters & see this match as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their teams play live.

Sometimes its not about the money, some of them will be fulfilling a dream.

Ps: The 25000 baht tickets were the first to sell out - The 5000, 7000, 12000 baht tickets sold out within 2 hours of going on sale last Saturday.

The biggest rip off is the ticket prices that were actually charged, viz. 5000, 7000, 12000, and 25000 baht. In an online chat I had with Liverpool F C last week, their records show the ticket prices as being 1/2 those prices, viz. 2500, 3500, 6000 & 12000 baht. Never mind the scamming scalpers, someone needs to go after the scamming promoter as he's not only ripped off the fans but both football clubs as well.

Edited by TigerandDog
additional information
  • Like 1

I suppose I'm in the minority, but I can't see why this game is so popular when it takes 2 hours out of your life and ends with 1-0. I'd rather drink a beer at home and watch the grass grow. Just because it was the first sport doesn't mean it should still exist! Must have more to do about tribal comradery than any actual adrenaline and excitement lol

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cncltd1973 said:

Just because it was the first sport doesn't mean it should still exist!

Rugby had rules before football so you could argue rugby is older. It also has more points, usually!

10 hours ago, rbkk said:

Rugby had rules before football so you could argue rugby is older. It also has more points, usually!

Hardly credible..... we all know how Rugby came about in a certain English school. 

12 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

I suppose I'm in the minority, but I can't see why this game is so popular when it takes 2 hours out of your life and ends with 1-0. I'd rather drink a beer at home and watch the grass grow. 

As a toy collector, wasting 12 or 14,000 on a game of football would be like finding out that my wife was a man previously !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rbkk said:

I discovered Aussie rugby while in Bali some years ago and watch it whenever I can. It's a nonstop game of tackle hot-potato - can't get enough of it!

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Why even comment on a sport that you know nothing about ??

Stick to rounders, sorry, i mean baseball.

baseball is nearly as boring, it's like nascar without the noise. just an excuse to drink beer with buddies and get a tan

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, rbkk said:

Rugby is still a form of football...the initial split into two codes came about over issues such as the forward pass being allowed.

Football prior to that had various regional versions, many of which allowed to ball to be picked up.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1