Antigen test for US?

Wandr

It looks like an antigen test for Covid is accepted by US authorities for entry into the country.

Where in Chiang Mai can I get the test along with all the documents that will need to be shown to airlines.

Lanna hospital, off the 11 super highway in Chang phueak left on the first drive on south side of the hospital and the first entrance on the right and go upstairs to 2nd floor check in and be sure to ask for the rapid test. 2500฿ a few weeks ago, 3500฿ now I think.

When I flew into the US a few weeks ago, no one asked for a RT-PCR document from departure of CNX to the US.

When I returned last week the same. No one asked for a PCR test document from the US to CNX. 

Though I did get both tests to and from just in case.

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Lanna hospital, off the 11 super highway in Chang phueak left on the first drive on south side of the hospital and the first entrance on the right and go upstairs to 2nd floor check in and be sure to ask for the rapid test. 2500฿ a few weeks ago, 3500฿ now I think.

When I flew into the US a few weeks ago, no one asked for a RT-PCR document from departure of CNX to the US.

When I returned last week the same. No one asked for a PCR test document from the US to CNX. 

When you checked in for your first international flight out of Bangkok, they didn't ask you anything about a covid test???

Would also note that Lanna Hospital charges (according to their website) 1,000 baht for the antigen test with results within an hour.

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CMBob said:

When you checked in for your first international flight out of Bangkok, they didn't ask you anything about a covid test???

Would also note that Lanna Hospital charges (according to their website) 1,000 baht for the antigen test with results within an hour.

As I mentioned, nobody asked for any PCR documents on the Singapore Airline flight.

I think it’s an additional 1000฿ for rapid.  

On 4/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, grin said:

I signed up on the KKDay website for an antigen test at Chiang Mai Hospital for about 24 USD providing document showing passport number as required for US entry:  Antigen test .

Which Chiang Mai hospital?

I can go there directly and find out.

3 hours ago, Wandr said:

Which Chiang Mai hospital?

I can go there directly and find out.

It is ChiangMai Hospital: Google Maps

84/3 ถนน ซุปเปอร์ไฮเวย์ เชียงใหม่-ลำปาง Tambon Chang Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand

Sorry don't have the address in English. Maybe the KKDay site (above) has better info.

2 hours ago, grin said:

It is ChiangMai Hospital: Google Maps

84/3 ถนน ซุปเปอร์ไฮเวย์ เชียงใหม่-ลำปาง Tambon Chang Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand

Sorry don't have the address in English. Maybe the KKDay site (above) has better info.

Found it in Google.

Seems to have a ton of reviews critical of the staff. Hope your experience was more neutral!

If I can't find anything else then I may pay these people a visit. But there is a narrow window for a test before the flight, and I don't want an incompetent staff to add to my woes.

15 hours ago, Wandr said:

Found it in Google.

Seems to have a ton of reviews critical of the staff. Hope your experience was more neutral!

If I can't find anything else then I may pay these people a visit. But there is a narrow window for a test before the flight, and I don't want an incompetent staff to add to my woes.

Lanna hospital 

Center For Medical Excellence (CMU), Hang Dong Branch, Hang Dong Road, drive through service. Very professional and well-trained staff that does the testing out front. 400 Baht. Document with test results provided suitable for airlines, etc. In and out in around 25 minutes. 8:00-20:00 open Sunday.

I believe Klaimor offers the service as well at a slightly higher price but not open on Sunday.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 11:20 AM, novacova said:

As I mentioned, nobody asked for any PCR documents on the Singapore Airline flight.

I think it’s an additional 1000฿ for rapid.  

if im reading this right--the USA did NOT ask to see anything when you returned?

18 hours ago, elektrified said:

Center For Medical Excellence (CMU), Hang Dong Branch, Hang Dong Road, drive through service. Very professional and well-trained staff that does the testing out front. 400 Baht. Document with test results provided suitable for airlines, etc. In and out in around 25 minutes. 8:00-20:00 open Sunday.

I believe Klaimor offers the service as well at a slightly higher price but not open on Sunday.

Not finding it in Google Maps. Where is it?

Google only shows the Suan Dok branch.

52 minutes ago, Wandr said:

Not finding it in Google Maps. Where is it?

Google only shows the Suan Dok branch.

It's a tall medical building on the Hang Dong Road exactly across from Health Care Medical Clinic (HCMC) see image. Don't know why but when I open the link on google maps it shows another even taller medical building on the Ping River. Just head down the HD Road past Tesco and look to your left. You can't miss it.

Screenshot_20220419-154035_Maps.jpg

Edited by elektrified

20 minutes ago, elektrified said:

It's a tall medical building on the Hang Dong Road exactly across from Health Care Medical Clinic (HCMC) see image. Don't know why but when I open the link on google maps it shows another even taller medical building on the Ping River. Just head down the HD Road past Tesco and look to your left. You can't miss it.

Screenshot_20220419-154035_Maps.jpg

Here https://www.google.com/maps/@18.756423,98.9687548,3a,75y,143.51h,87.45t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sp1EIE1f12te3kPvYOciVgg!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3Dp1EIE1f12te3kPvYOciVgg%26cb_client%3Dsearch.revgeo_and_fetch.gps%26w%3D96%26h%3D64%26yaw%3D194.48785%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 8:33 PM, elektrified said:

I popped into Geriatric today to confirm about the antigen test.

Well, it's no good for international travel. I was informed that they only issue certificates in Thai, which is not going to be of much use in most countries.

They did suggest some other places. I will post if I find something decent.

Just do it at home on your phone. All the airlines have a preflight test app that allows you to test and receive your cert within 30 minutes or so without ever leaving your sofa. (except to buy the home test if you don't already have an approved one)

Left on the 31st and returned 7 days ago and both airlines sent me emails to check international test requirements.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Direct responses to the sender cannot be dealt with.

Lieber Fluggast,

Bitte informieren Sie sich sorgfältig über die aktuellen Einreise- und Transferbestimmungen für Österreich. Die detaillierten Bestimmungen und Ausnahmen über erforderliche COVID-Tests, COVID-Impfungen und die Online-Anmeldung finden Sie unter: www.austrian.travel-regulations.com

Dear customer,

Please inform yourself carefully about the current entry and transfer regulations for Austria. The detailed rules and exemptions about required COVID tests, COVID vaccinations and online registration can be found at: www.austrian.travel-regulations.com

Best regards

Your Austrian Team

^^this was the international leg to the states

Edited by mrwebb8825

N Health labs, located in the next lane south of Big C Extra on the Super Highway, will do an antigen test and have the results in an hour, they say.

Results are emailed and can be picked up also.

The cost is 490 baht. 

Google has the location.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:35 PM, mrwebb8825 said:

Just do it at home on your phone. All the airlines have a preflight test app that allows you to test and receive your cert within 30 minutes or so without ever leaving your sofa. (except to buy the home test if you don't already have an approved one)

Left on the 31st and returned 7 days ago and both airlines sent me emails to check international test requirements.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Direct responses to the sender cannot be dealt with.

Lieber Fluggast,

Bitte informieren Sie sich sorgfältig über die aktuellen Einreise- und Transferbestimmungen für Österreich. Die detaillierten Bestimmungen und Ausnahmen über erforderliche COVID-Tests, COVID-Impfungen und die Online-Anmeldung finden Sie unter: www.austrian.travel-regulations.com

Dear customer,

Please inform yourself carefully about the current entry and transfer regulations for Austria. The detailed rules and exemptions about required COVID tests, COVID vaccinations and online registration can be found at: www.austrian.travel-regulations.com

Best regards

Your Austrian Team

^^this was the international leg to the states

From my research over the past few months I thought for for travel to US the only CDC approved tests must be ordered and shipped to a US address prior to travel. I only confirmed this for ANA, Singapore, and Lufthansa. You are supposed to carry them with you the test boxes have a special QR code and include the price of the proctored medical appointment

Then you have to register on a APP,  and do a proctored nose sample while being monitored in a online medical appointment. The cost of these (over $100)  was higher than clinics in Thailand charge for antigen, so I gave up on the idea as too much hassle

Very convenient but not good for expats. 

On 4/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, novacova said:

The airlines should check for entry to US. From US, no one asks for any documents to leave the country. It is the responsibility of the airlines to check destination country's requirement.

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

From my research over the past few months I thought for for travel to US the only CDC approved tests must be ordered and shipped to a US address prior to travel. I only confirmed this for ANA, Singapore, and Lufthansa. You are supposed to carry them with you the test boxes have a special QR code and include the price of the proctored medical appointment

Nope, nothing of that sort. Airlines should verify RT-PCR test result or an antigen test result. That's all besides immigration requirements (Like visa etc.) if not a US citizen or permanent resident. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Nope, nothing of that sort. Airlines should verify RT-PCR test result or an antigen test result. That's all besides immigration requirements (Like visa etc.) if not a US citizen or permanent resident. 

I only reference the Home testing schemes what are approved by the CDC for travel.

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Then you have to register on a APP,  and do a proctored nose sample while being monitored in a online medical appointment. The cost of these (over $100)  was higher than clinics in Thailand charge for antigen, so I gave up on the idea as too much hassle

Very convenient but not good for expats. 

Then your research is incorrect/incomplete. We both did ours using tests bought in Bangkok sitting on our sofa in Bangkok. Tests were 140 baht each and the app video test and certificate was 370 baht for both. (around $25 USD) Test certs were shown at the airport in Bangkok on our phone to get our boarding passes for the entire trip including the domestic leg in the US.

Contact the airline you're leaving Bangkok on for their app/test requirements.

38 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Then your research is incorrect/incomplete. We both did ours using tests bought in Bangkok sitting on our sofa in Bangkok. Tests were 140 baht each and the app video test and certificate was 370 baht for both. (around $25 USD) Test certs were shown at the airport in Bangkok on our phone to get our boarding passes for the entire trip including the domestic leg in the US.

Contact the airline you're leaving Bangkok on for their app/test requirements.

https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/diagnostics-testing/BinaxNOW-NAVICA-and-united-book-your-travel-now.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Wow, You somehow got lucky with whatever airline you used.

Self bought tests from a drugstore in Thailand for 140 baht are are not actually acceptable for travel to the US.. Not that anybody ever checks when arriving in the US. This is why the likes of Abbott Binax-NOW has to be ordered and shipped to your address prior to travel. When I looked into them they only shipped to US address and you had to use the Navica app. which looked like a goat-rope.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Please note the details on the CDC website updated January 2022 

Last time I returned from Chiang Mai Singapore/Scoot airlines kept me waiting 30 minutes checking every detail of requirements

• "The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription".

image.png.931fac47f7d9017c19ad801a8578b7be.png

Edited by Captain Monday

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/diagnostics-testing/BinaxNOW-NAVICA-and-united-book-your-travel-now.html

Wow, You somehow got lucky with whatever airline you used.

Self bought tests from a drugstore in Thailand for 140 baht are are not actually acceptable for travel to the US.. Not that anybody ever checks when arriving in the US.This is why the like Abbott Binax-NOW has to be ordered and shipped to your address prior to travel. Please note the details on the CDC website updated January 2022 Last time I returned from Chiang Mai Singapore/Scoot airlines kept me waiting 30 minutes checking every detail of requirements

• "The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription".

image.png.931fac47f7d9017c19ad801a8578b7be.png

We used Austrian Air to O'hare and their app is (was) Testifly from the App Store. This was 30 days ago that we left and returned 15 days ago.

4 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

We used Austrian Air to O'hare and their app is (was) Testifly from the App Store. This was 30 days ago that we left and returned 15 days ago.

I won't be coming back to Thai again until fall hope US will stop the pointless inbound testing by then butwhat company manufacturers the Antigen home tests you used and where did you purchase the kits?

On 4/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, Wandr said:

I popped into Geriatric today to confirm about the antigen test.

Well, it's no good for international travel. I was informed that they only issue certificates in Thai, which is not going to be of much use in most countries.

They did suggest some other places. I will post if I find something decent.

Our was in both English and Thai languages?