Rebuild my PC

ignis

Need to rebuild my PC, M/B + CPU + Graphic Card are 11 years old and failing….

The AMD Ryzen 5 - 5600G fits my needs [all my PC’s over the years have been AMD]

Find it odd, the CPU @ Advice 7,950 baht,  Banana IT and JIB and are bit more but still in the 8,xxx, but Lazada are crazy, most 9 - 11,000 something baht, then they go right up to 21,000 baht all appear the same

Am I missing something ??

Ryzen 5 - 5600G

Gigabyte B550 - M/B

3200 - 16 GB Ram

All are the same 5600G, it's just some prices are way out there in the stratosphere. No one will pay those inflated prices.

8000 to 8500 Baht seems to be the going price for that CPU in Thailand atm.

Advice are one of the main PC parts retailers in Thailand  and are sometimes selling two different boxes of the product:

Directly from the supplier/manufacturer in their packaging and sometimes in a packaging named Next which is a little bit cheaper.

You just missed Commart last week at Bitec, I think you could have picked up your parts a little bit cheaper there.

Suppliers you can consider and compare prices:

Harware Corner In Pantip Bangkapi

McWinner In Pantip Bangkapi

ComputeandMore Palladium

JIB

BananaIT

ITCity

Advice

JediCool Fortune Town

Pansonics In Pantip Pratunam and in Fortune Town

Jetcom Th in Fortune Town

InvadeIT online

Edited by userabcd

Just now, BritManToo said:

I think you will find they are all scammers with no feedback.

Never buy from Lazada sellers with no feedback.

I built a system with a Ryzen 5 3400g last year and am very happy with it.

I agree @BritManToo. I always buy major computer components from reputable suppliers. I normally use invadeIT for such purchases. 

• Like 1

Do the integrated graphics on the 5600G meet your current and future graphics requirements?

I've been considering a new build with the 5700G.

And the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 MB (5,590).

Recommend 3600 memory, even 32 GB. Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18 DIMM Black (2x16GB) (6,990).

56 minutes ago, ignis said:

Find it odd, the CPU @ Advice 7,950 baht,  Banana IT and JIB

Prices are tightly controlled with one distributor and reseller agreements controlling price. Advice is the primary importer, and also a reseller.

The price difference (8,000 Advice, 9,990 other resellers) on the 5600G is unusual. Up until just recently any variation was ~ 100 baht.

Obviously buy from Advice.

And the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 MB (5,590).

Same M/B but at Advice is 4.950

Also Recommended   RAM DDR4(3200) 16GB (8GBX2) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX BLACK  -  2,870 baht....

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm using the Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450M @ 2,700bht (now 2,200bht).

Good solid performance ...... is the 550 worth paying more than double the price?

Is a good question, been doing online searches for past few months

Difference B450 vs B550

even the gigabyte A520 Aorus elite even cheaper is better than the old B450  ??

Many searches = AMD motherboard with 6 cores and 12 threads but can be used with A520, B550, and X570 motherboards

I picked the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 as it is also a good mid-range motherboard to go along with the AMD Ryzen 5 - 5600G mid-range CPU...........   My present Gigabyte AM2 motherboard [11 years old] has been the best motherboard and have used many over the years, also Brand New at the time FX 8320 CPU.

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm using the Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450M @ 2,700bht (now 2,200bht).

Good solid performance ...... is the 550 worth paying more than double the price?

Nothing wrong with a B450 - I have a ryzen 3 / 450 setup - its great and inexpensive. When I built a second machine, I did a bit more research, I spent a little bit more on a X570 / ryzen 5 combo because it gave me better expansion options. The B450 is getting old, but so what, does the job.

I checked the price for a ryzen processor with onboard graphincs the other day, I was really surprised, there has been a considerable price hike recently.

https://digitaladvisor.com/motherboards/b450-vs-x570/

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ignis said:

Same M/B but at Advice is 4.950

Yeah, sorry I copied that price from a January (InvadeIT-focused) spreadsheet, and it's on sale now too.

I had specced 3200/16 GB but after plowing through many reviews upped that to 3600/32 GB. 

Like I said, I am surprised at the price difference, which used to be ~ 100 baht on CPUs and MBs. Advice is the primary importer/distributor, and they rarely undercut their resellers. Not sure how to attribute this aberration? But buying from Advice is good advice.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, sorry I copied that price from a January (InvadeIT-focused) spreadsheet, and it's on sale now too.

I had specced 3200/16 GB but after plowing through many reviews upped that to 3600/32 GB. 

Like I said, I am surprised at the price difference, which used to be ~ 100 baht on CPUs and MBs. Advice is the primary importer/distributor, and they rarely undercut their resellers. Not sure how to attribute this aberration? But buying from Advice is good advice.

Have 16 GB DDR 3 - 1600 for past 11 years no problem , so my thinking was the 16 GB DDR 4 3200 would be fine + better ? [more than enough] 

Edited by ignis
spelling error

A good alternative to rebuilding a machine might be to start here and add RAM and an SSD. I just bought one in Australia for travel to Thailand.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mini-pc-asus-pn51-e1-b3252zd-90ms02a1-m000a0-i3154939421.html

ASUS PN51-E1 Mini PC Barebone, Black, AMD Ryzen 7 5700U 8-Core 1.8GHz, SODIMM (0/2, Max 64GB), M.2 (0/1), 2.5 inch (0/1), Radeon Vega Graphics, WiFi 5, BT, 2.5GbE, 3x USB-A, 2x USB-C 10Gbps, HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4, 3 Years Warranty, No 3.5mmIn  $749.00 

Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB), (3200MHz) DDR4 SODIMM, 22-22-22-53, 1.2v, Dual Channel Kit  $229.00

Samsung 1TB SSD, 980 PRO, M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4, Read up to 7,000MB/s, Write up to 5,000MB/s, IOPS R/W up to 1,000/1,000K, 1.5M Hours MTBF, 600TBW $249.00

Edited by ozimoron

• 1 month later...

Have a question

past week have some problems with my old PC.........  

Start = all appears to work inside the PC case but Monitor says No Signal,  will often have to try a number of times...  [Monitor is New Acer curved]

When it starts working the colour is greenish and blurred, sometimes the bottom bar is missing, and takes a few mins to get back a crystal clear picture,

Just wondered could this be a Graphics card problem ? [is 11 years old and cheap at the time] 

As the New AM 5 Motherboards + DDR 6 + AMD 6000 CPU have just come out [in US] want to wait a few months and hope the AM4 + 5600G CPU will go down in price here.

6 hours ago, ignis said:

Just wondered could this be a Graphics card problem ? [is 11 years old and cheap at the time] 

Maybe. If you have onboard graphics, try that. I assume you don't. Check the cable connections. If you have contact cleaner, spray in the ports.

I suggest you just take out the graphics card and clean the contact w/ a pencil eraser and reseat. Seen a lot of problems solved that way. If it has a fan, clean it.