Nongprue police seizes illegally modified motorcycles in Banglamung on first day of seven dangerous days during Songkran

webfact

LINE_P20220410_15005871-696x522.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Banglamung – Nongprue police have seized a total of 12 illegally modified motorcycles on Highway 36 Road in Banglamung, April 10th, to help prevent road accidents on the seven dangerous days of the Songkran holiday.

Nongprue Police Chief Colonel Damrong Eiampairoj led the police officers to inspect traffic and capture illegal motorcycle racers on Highway Number 36 on the first day of the seven dangerous days.

A total of 12 vehicles were confiscated.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/10/nongprue-police-seizes-illegally-modified-motorcycles-in-banglamung-on-first-day-of-seven-dangerous-days-during-songkran/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

They haven't caught the basterd who starts up and races his megaphone at 2:00am on Sukhimvit outside my house. He can  be heard all the way from NaJomtien to Sattahip and back, along with his nasty shrieking overrevving pals. 

At least three times a week.

Nothing a machine gun post couldn't cure, permanently."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

They haven't caught the basterd who starts up and races his megaphone at 2:00am on Sukhimvit outside my house. He can  be heard all the way from NaJomtien to Sattahip and back, along with his nasty shrieking overrevving pals. 

Is he just by himself? You stand and watch him outside your house, start up the bike and do nothing about it?

Sell the motorcycles to recoup the cost of the police operation or break them for spares and sell the spares. Crush the modified silencers (which is the usual 'illegal modification' ) and any other illegal parts with a steamroller as usual. Job's a 'gud' 'un. Good police work well done. I am not being facetious these stupid children can cause serious accidents and disruption on the road

Edited by RobU

8 hours ago, Grusa said:

No way I could tolerate that........I would find someone who could 'persuade' him to stop.......(breathing that is). 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is it illegal to have colorful spokes now? 

Maybe, maybe not. But the rims and the tyres are always none standard so it's an illegal modification.

There's a couple of PCXs around here which are fitted with what I call pram wheels. They look ridiculous and I'm sure are quite unstable compared to the original fits. I just don't understand the mentality, especially as one of them belongs to a Master Sergeant in the Military Police!