Housekeeping

Na Fan

How do you go about finding a RELIABLE housekeeper?

We've been through over a dozen. They either don't know how to clean (or pretend not to, to just get paid doing nothing), don't show up at all even on the first day, or randomly don't show up because it happens to rain that day, or they suddenly decide working in the market is better, etc etc etc. Think of a random reason why  - we've heard it.

It's becoming utterly annoying and frustrating.

We offered 500THB / cleaning day, which usually comes down to about 3-4 hours or work, twice per week. There isn't that much, as the wife is doing stuff too, and so am I. But we need someone to close the gaps when the kids keep us busy. Wife thinks that's more than fair - and I tend to agree with her?

Any recommendations?

Madam sourced an "older lady" in the village, she comes in mornings only, 5 days a week.

She pays her 4k per month, her hubby died way back so a bit of income is welcomed.

In reality she chats with Madam, pushes the mud around on the floor and generally helps out.

Madam won't let her do the ironing "she doesn't do it right" and she's terrified of the washing machine!

My wife isn't as young or as well as she thinks she is, having someone around to keep an eye on her is good for my peace of mind too. That said, I've come home on occasion to find them both up a mango tree putting on protective bags!

Of course YMMV :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you live in a village or in a city area.  Living in BKK I hired a housekeeper from Myanmar, and she is a live in as we have a maids quarters off of the kitchen which is also ensuite.  Never have had an issue with her in the 2 years I have employed her, except for the recent request to pay into SS for her, unsure why she thought I would pay for it.  The prior housekeeper was Thai and was a poor excuse, as she would rather play on her phone.  

Many migrant housekeepers available.

• Like 1