Inflation troubles

11 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Whats increased "over 50% or doubled"????????????

Chicken breast has basically doubled from 46 to 84 baht where I am, and it's not fresh, the cats refuse to eat it, so I reckon it's been washed with chlorine dioxide

9 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

inflation goes up because they print money... the more money in circulation, the less each bill is worth.. 

This assumes that the supply of goods and services is constant, but population growth alone should increase it, and then there is also productivity gains.

That is why you pretty much have to increase the money supply, otherwise you would have deflation.

4 hours ago, lkn said:

This assumes that the supply of goods and services is constant, but population growth alone should increase it, and then there is also productivity gains.

That is why you pretty much have to increase the money supply, otherwise you would have deflation.

But they print far more not 1 or 2%.

• Thanks 1

The bread i buy from Lotus has gone up 18% this year. Fruit, veg, meat prices change every week, so hard to say how much they have gone up. But i got 5 kg of tomatoes for 30 baht this week! Just need to look for bargains.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:29 PM, Sparktrader said:

inflation just hit its highest level in 41 years, but if we use the methodology from 1980, the annual rate is closer to 16.8%.

Why would you use a 42 year old mythology.

If I were to use the 1997 post Tom Yam Gung forex rates of over 80 thb to £1 GBP and tell the bank that is the rate it should be they would quite rightly laugh me out of the bank.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

If I were to use the 1997 post Tom Yam Gung forex rates of over 80 thb to £1 GBP and tell the bank that is the rate it should be they would quite rightly laugh me out of the bank.

Cause they try to hide it.

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Says who? It may

if you look at the CPI report, there was a decline in prices, i.e lumber, used cars, oil, energy, gold, I forget all the numbers, 

us economy is already slowing down, employment is increasing means supply chain issues get relieved, supply increases, demand decreases 

Edited by dj230

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Also, it’s an easily disprovable conspiracy theory.

Timothy B. Lee called up John Williams, founder of Shadow Government Statistics, from where this stupid claim originates, and Williams could not name a single item that has increased in price according to his inflation numbers.

Furthermore, Williams did not get to 15% inflation (or whatever) by using “the old method from 1981”, he seems to be misinterpreting a cumulative 20-year change in the measured price level as a change in the measured annual inflation rate. And that causes him to overestimate that annual change by at least an order of magnitude.

Edited by lkn
  • Like 1