Fairly large nest egg needed to retire comfortably in Thailand

webfact

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

We already saw what happened during the weakening power grid in the USA last winter.

Those same conditions wouldn't hurt most elderly Thais at all.

Wonder what will happen in Europe and the UK next winter if there's no Russian gas or oil?

It's going to be interesting to see how things 'evolve' if Russia defaults in May on their loan obligations.

More so, how the financial markets will use that to screw the rest of the world.  Except providing energy to EU, Russia is a big nothing in the grand scheme of things.

But the slightest MSM hysteria will be milked for all it can.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 2:40 AM, BritManToo said:

Works out at 7,700bht/month.

For a rural farmer on the family farm that would be plenty.

Another 600bht pension, free electricity, grow some rice, fruit and veg.

Plenty or just not complaining about it.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, KhunLA said:

If I make to 75 ish (8 more yrs) I'll be quite happy.  

Interesting concept... will you be quite happy as you lie on your deathbed at 75 yo, or just after you pass? It is about quality of life isn't it.. health is important. 

2 hours ago, Stray Cat said:

Well said (the last post). I also have plans like you. Who wants to be a burden on anyone or have a low quality of life? Some people couldn't bring themselves to do it, but I think some can (and do)!

It is also my plan, but when it actually comes to that time I am not sure whether I will be brave enough to  follow through. I also think that with declining faculties, such as senile dementia, alzheimers (sp?),  some may not even remember that they intended to do it. Those will continue to live on not realizing the burden they are to others.  

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

It is also my plan, but when it actually comes to that time I am not sure whether I will be brave enough to  follow through. I also think that with declining faculties, such as senile dementia, alzheimers (sp?),  some may not even remember that they intended to do it. Those will continue to live on not realizing the burden they are to others.  

Are you doing enough to reduce the risks of dementia and Alzheimer’s? You seem to have a plan going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Are you doing enough to reduce the risks of dementia and Alzheimer’s? You seem to have a plan going forward. 

I have no idea what I need to do to reduce the risks. Probably look into it once I retire. All I know is that it does not appear to be an issue on either my father's or mother's side of the family so at least the genetic aspect is in my favor.