Is Visa needed for Thai Pass?

I think what you mean is: if you apply for a Thailand Pass on the basis of a 30 day exempt entry but actually enter with a tourist visa, could there be problems.

There might be yes - depending on the length of your insurance cover which I believe is supposed to cover your entire stay.

37 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Ubon Joe has confirmed in the past that Insurance for 30 days has been adequate on entry even with a one year's Non-O Retirement Visa with a longer unexpired period.

Do you mean that ... I mean, what do you mean?  When you say ".... with a longer unexpired period."?  Thank you. 

14 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Ive been coming to LOS for 12 yrs  never ever had a visa and always one way...even with TPass

Many airlines in many countries will refuse boarding if you have a one way ticket and no visa, as they are liable for a fine by Thai immigration and the cost of returning you if you get refused entry.

What has happened in the past is no guarantee that it will happen in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Many airlines in many countries will refuse boarding if you have a one way ticket and no visa, as they are liable for a fine by Thai immigration and the cost of returning you if you get refused entry.

What has happened in the past is no guarantee that it will happen in the future.

yep is the risk i take----done it 12 times     yearly since 2008---always one way and no visa

Im not suggesting anyone do this---just is my choice--my risk--my exps--im living proof

Thailand Pass is completely unrelated to your visa. 

You do not submit any Visa with your Thailand Pass application. 

You do state your duration of stay (which can be intended). 

You can put 30 days, and have 30 days insurance cover - this is widely accepted. 

MoPH staff check your Thailand Pass, vaccine cert, Hotel booking etc (and previously PCR results) at the first check-point after getting off the plane., they don’t ask to see your visa. 

Immigration do the ‘standard stuff’ with your passport, they don’t ask to see your insurance documents etc.

Thus: You can apply for a Thailand Pass for a 30 day entry, with 30 day insurance and enter on a 6 month tourist visa if you like. 

---------

The topic has migrated to the visa vs one way flight debate, as such it will soon go completely off-topic with the ’not in my experience’ back and forth. 

To clarify - the regulations are that you need a return or onward ticket IF entering visa exempt.

Depending on your point of departure and airline, check-In staff my or may not check your visa status or want to see an onward ticket if you are travelling on a one-way ticket.

Those are the rules  - some people get their visas checked etc, others do not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

yep is the risk i take----done it 12 times     yearly since 2008---always one way and no visa

Im not suggesting anyone do this---just is my choice--my risk--my exps--im living proof

I was making clear for others that what you have done is impossible in many airports and with many airlines.

I wasn’t suggesting that it can’t be done in some airports, with some airlines.

immigration seldom asks to see a return/onward ticket or the cash that you are required to have on entry, but seldom is not never and people are regularly refused entry for these reasons. The chances probably lower than 1/10,000 in general, but if you fit the profile much much higher.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

16 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I was making clear for others that what you have done is impossible in many airports and with many airlines.

I wasn’t suggesting that it can’t be done in some airports, with some airlines.

immigration seldom asks to see a return/onward ticket or the cash that you are required to have on entry, but seldom is not never and people are regularly refused entry for these reasons. The chances probably lower than 1/10,000 in general, but if you fit the profile much much higher.

But its not impossible as ive been doing it yearly since 2008--always from LAX--carry on bag--one way tix and no visa.....life is risk---Ill allow others to make their own choices ..regards