Monday night in town

SidJames

I'm coming into the big smoke to meet an old pal who's over on his hols so I would like a heads up on what's open bar wise & closing times.

Not the 'official' closing times but the real ones.

Message me please if you don't want to post it on an open forum.

• Haha 1

Well, you didn't say what area, but Buddy's Bar & Grill on Sukhumvit, Soi 22 are open from 8am-2am. Buddy's Bar & Grill Phra Khanong (located on Sukhumvit between BTS On Nut & BTS Bang Chak) closes at 12 midnight.  Buddy's Bar near the Pullman on Silom, they close at 11 pm. There are more Buddy's Bars, just google them.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Well, you didn't say what area, but Buddy's Bar & Grill on Sukhumvit, Soi 22 are open from 8am-2am. Buddy's Bar & Grill Phra Khanong (located on Sukhumvit between BTS On Nut & BTS Bang Chak) closes at 12 midnight.  Buddy's Bar near the Pullman on Silom, they close at 11 pm. There are more Buddy's Bars, just google them.

I expect to around Silom & Lumpini 

Some of the he smaller bars on patpong are open as restaurants.  There's also a restaurant with pool tables   one of the clubs is also open with chairs and tables.  Personal assistance is avail in all locations.  

I think black pagoda may be open also.

Fyi this is as of last Friday

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bangkok19 said:

Whilst we're on the topic...  is THE MADRID still open in Patpong #1?

I'm hangin' out for a large "Madrid Special" Pizza.

I don't think so, I tried in late December and it was closed.   Others have mentioned that it moved and reopened elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:00 AM, bangkok19 said:

Whilst we're on the topic...  is THE MADRID still open in Patpong #1?

I'm hangin' out for a large "Madrid Special" Pizza.

No, it's gone.  Moved to the Charoen Krung area under the highway...

72/2 Soi Charoen Krung 49, 

Bangkok 10500.
Phone: 082 689 2277

and, four weeks ago, very disappointing in terms of space (two tables downstairs), atmosphere (none) and character (none) that Madrid was known for. 

On the plus side the Madrid breakfast is exactly the same as it always was.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 4/13/2022 at 11:45 PM, SidJames said:

I would like a heads up on what's open bar wise & closing times.

Not the 'official' closing times but the real ones.

With the exception of the go-go bars (?) and clubs almost everything else is open in the Sukhumvit 4, 8, 11, 13.  As far as illegal opening hours are concerned I can't help you.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Bangkok 10500.

and, four weeks ago, very disappointing in terms of space (two tables downstairs), atmosphere (none) and character (none) that Madrid was known for. 

Thanks for that Lou, I contacted someone on their fb page late last year who said they would shortly reopen on Surawong opp the Marriott. I never found it and got no further response. 

And what a bloody awful place to move to, don't see any Patpong drinkers going down there.

How did you find out about it and is Jenny still there.?

Any other bars, restos there.? 

Edited by rott

On 4/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Bangkok 10500.

Thanks...   I rang that number and a lady (in well spoken English) told me NONE of the original P.P. staff were working there.

Half a dozen of the staff that were working at the original Patpong premises had been working there for over 20 years...  and one of them (Eet), for over 30 years.

Because I was seeing mostly the same staff every time I visited, I took the joint for granted.. never bothering to get any of their LINE I.D.'s.  I'd sometimes ring them of an evening 10 minutes out to pre order my Pizza.

Back in the 80's, when Patpong was THE most popular "entertainment" strip in BKK the Madrid was buzzing. The shelves were overflowing with half bottles of Mekhong Whiskey with the (owners) customer's name on it. Standing room only. Several of the regulars from the Texxan (Washington Sq) who were known CIA identities (to the regulars) told their stories to a select few. "Standing Pat" aka Pat Landry never used to sit down (hence the nickname)..  was high up in the CIA intelligencia and has featured in a couple of books that are Vietnam/Laos conflict related.

To think that the Madrid, with so much history had survived so many changes to that famous road would end 'just like that'. It witnessed most of the single shophouses being gutted and extended, the closure to vehicular traffic and the settling-in of the Patpong Markets.

Hopefully some of the displaced staff are working nearby so I can catch up and share some memories.

Methinks that the Crown Royale in PP2 would be the perfect fit..  I must check it out next visit!    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bangkok19 said:
On 4/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Bangkok 10500.

Expand  

Thanks...   I rang that number and a lady (in well spoken English) told me NONE of the original P.P. staff were working there.

That lady was the daughter of the owner who died some time ago.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That lady was the daughter of the owner who died some time ago.

It didn't sound at all like Jenny. 

Also, when I said I was an old customer (if it was Jenny) she would have asked my name. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:18 AM, bangkok19 said:

Half a dozen of the staff that were working at the original Patpong premises had been working there for over 20 years...  and one of them (Eet), for over 30 years.

Because I was seeing mostly the same staff every time I visited, I took the joint for granted.. never bothering to get any of their LINE I.D.'s.  I'd sometimes ring them of an evening 10 minutes out to pre order my Pizza.

Back in the 80's, when Patpong was THE most popular "entertainment" strip in BKK the Madrid was buzzing. The shelves were overflowing with half bottles of Mekhong Whiskey with the (owners) customer's name on it. Standing room only. Several of the regulars from the Texxan (Washington Sq) who were known CIA identities (to the regulars) told their stories to a select few. "Standing Pat" aka Pat Landry never used to sit down (hence the nickname)..  was high up in the CIA intelligencia and has featured in a couple of books that are Vietnam/Laos conflict related.

To think that the Madrid, with so much history had survived so many changes to that famous road would end 'just like that'. It witnessed most of the single shophouses being gutted and extended, the closure to vehicular traffic and the settling-in of the Patpong Markets.

Hopefully some of the displaced staff are working nearby so I can catch up and share some memories.

Methinks that the Crown Royale in PP2 would be the perfect fit..  I must check it out next visit!    

I have been in the Crown Royal a number of times, but not for a few months now. Still a lovely old bar, but lacking customers. Don't know how they survive. The Crystal Palace and a couple of others opposite are still going as is The Old Other Office in the next Soi.

Not many customers in any of them. 

Yes, desperately sad about the Madrid, with that and Jools gone, Bangers ain't the same.

I know you said Lumpini and Silom but Suk Soi 22 might be worth a try.

A bit calmer could be Soi 33/1 behind the Robin Hood.

Edited by rott

Is that Club still open in the alley as you goto Foodland in Patong? It's on the left hand side near the corner as you walk out towards the street and Bts.

A girl sits out on a stool with a small feather whip and teases you as you walk past. I think it's a fetish club as it seemed very hidden and discreet.

Edited by JimTripper