Changing tabien banh address

I need a tambien banh (yellow book) but would like to register it to one address, and then move shortly after. It is easier to change addresses than to get one in the first place? What is required to change address? 

Thanks 

Edited by Everyman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change addresses in a tambien ban.

You have to cancel the existing yellow book and get a new one for your new residence.

+1

I moved house since I got my Yellow House Book, but never bothered to get a new YTB for the new address.

But that said my wife owns both the old and the new house so I am not bothered changing.

Also Immigration wasn't interested when I didn't include a copy of my YTB with my last yearly extension!

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, perconrad said:

I moved from Phuket to Sisaket and got a letter from Thalang amphur to give to my new amphur in Kantharalak which then gave me a new yellow house book and later a pink ID card.

Useful to know!

On 4/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, MJCM said:

Also Immigration wasn't interested when I didn't include a copy of my YTB with my last yearly extension!

Never heard of showing them a yellow book, never shown mine, it's not mandatory to have one so why would they be interested ?

Why is that sad ?

Edited by brianthainess
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Never heard of showing them a yellow book, never shown mine, it's not mandatory to have one so why would they be interested ?

Why is that sad ?

When I did my first 12 month extension, immigration asked if I had a yellow book. When I said yes they wanted a copy and have wanted it included ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Why is that sad ?

In the first year of my extension of stay based on Marriage it was on the list at Immigration Buriram. Immigration in Kap Choeng (Immigration Buriram was there then) wouldn't even allow me to apply without a Yellow House Book!!

@khwaibah will know how much trouble I went to to get one. (On a Local Forum I wrote about it (this is 7 years ago approx)

So subsequent years I always gave them a copy, and they NEVER gave it back.

Only last year, I didn't add it and they never asked me about it.

Ps: As with everything in Thailand, it always depends on the IO you are dealing with, that you didn't had to give one doesn't ... mean that no others had to.. YMMV as with everything

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 3:28 PM, Everyman said:

I need a tambien banh (yellow book) but would like to register it to one address, and then move shortly after. It is easier to change addresses than to get one in the first place? What is required to change address? 

It may well depend on the Amphur, you would be better asking there.

When my wife changed her name a couple of years ago, all they did was stroke out the old name in her Tabian Baan and write in the new one.

Part of the 13 digit number is the Amphur code and if that does not change there is no  real need to change the book.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Ps: As with everything in Thailand, it always depends on the IO you are dealing with, that you didn't had to give one doesn't ... mean that no others had to.. YMMV as with everything

I take your point my bad.

1989909819_num14othersasrequested.jpg.dfddf7b1fc35d32315add60359c0fa8a.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A 13 digit ID number would not change.

But there is also a house number that is on the yellow book that it is issued for and it is tied to the blue house book it was issued for.

When moving to different house than the one the book is issued for requires the existing yellow house book to be canceled and new one issued.

So you don't think it would be up to the Amphur to decide on how to implement the change.

Thais have an ID card number before they have a Tabian Baan and the Tabian Baan is tied to the ID card number, are you trying to say that it is the same for foreigners.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Thais have an ID card number before they have a Tabian Baan and the Tabian Baan is tied to the ID card number, are you trying to say that it is the same for foreigners.

Thais get a ID number when their birth is registered.

When a non Thai requests their first yellow house book a ID number issued for them and will remain the same even if they change residences and get a new yellow book.

• Like 2

I tried to change my yelllow book form our other house to the new one after immigration queried why my current address was different to the yellow book, while the current yellow book office said no problems they would cancel it the local office where we live now said they would not issue one to me at all and to maintain the current yellow book for the other address, as with everything else in govt offics it all depneds on the local officers as to what they consider the regulations to be

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Everyman said:

Okay so I get the impression from these comments that it is easier get a new tabien banh for a new address than it is getting one the first time. 

That is correct since your will already have a ID number. Getting one is what makes the first one difficult.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct since your will already have a ID number. Getting one is what makes the first one difficult.

will they give me the same one as the one on my Thai vaccination record? It’s 13 digits and starts with a 6.

7 hours ago, Everyman said:

will they give me the same one as the one on my Thai vaccination record? It’s 13 digits and starts with a 6.

Your ID number will never be changed. The only difference is the address on the new yellow house book.

On 4/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thais get a ID number when their birth is registered.

When a non Thai requests their first yellow house book a ID number issued for them and will remain the same even if they change residences and get a new yellow book.

The number given to a Thai has uniqueness incorporated, the 6th to 12th digits relate to the entry on the national register for births so there can only ever be one number.

There is no such uniqueness for foreigners, there is nothing to stop multiple 13 digit numbers being created. With the vaccine rollout there are probably some foreigners that have more than one 13 digit number already and do not have a yellow book.

If a foreigner moves to another province there is no guarantee he will get another yellow book far less than one with the same number. By the same token there is nothing to stop someone handing in their old yellow book at the new Amphur and the same number being used.

In my book the 6th to 12th are 01005-20, the book was issued on the 20th May 2010. Coincidence, possibly but nobody knows for certain.