Rowing machine

Aforek

Hello, I don't know if it's the good forum

if not, could a mod change it for the good place ?

I intend to buy a rowing machine in Thailand ; I am small ( 1m68 , 66 kgs ) ; I have already a Decathon elliptic bike, very satisfied, but for rowing, i have read that their rowing machines ( 120 and 500 ) have a small front amplitude, so I would like an other brand 

Lazada  have some, or somewhere else : nordictrack r800 seems very good, but are they available in Thailand ? 

Thanks 

Not sure but if you talk about rowing look at the concept 2 model d

This is one of the best rowers but expect to pay 55k or so.

But buy it once and your set for life.

Its all about what you want to spend. The rowing machines of concept are indestructible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Its all about what you want to spend. The rowing machines of concept are indestructible. 

I find this model at 28000 bahts ; is it the same ? on a review on Youtube, they say it's very noisy ; enough to disturb other people around ? thanks 

Concept 2 Rowing machine model D PM5 | Sports & Fitness | Pattaya City Central | BahtSold.com | Baht&Sold

2 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I find this model at 28000 bahts ; is it the same ? on a review on Youtube, they say it's very noisy ; enough to disturb other people around ? thanks 

Concept 2 Rowing machine model D PM5 | Sports & Fitness | Pattaya City Central | BahtSold.com | Baht&Sold

Yes its noisy as i works with air.. and yes that is it. The noise is bad enough to disurb people in the same room. I mean you hear it. I usually have a headset on when rowing.  Its not that loud its just sound, you wont disturb your neighbors or anyone outside the room where your rowing) even in the room its not too bad (anoying if it silent but otherwise not)

This is a great machine and if you buy it for that price is great. These things dont have wear and tear as there are no moving parts in it. They just stay strong forever. 

• Thanks 1

I bought a Concept 2 Model D PM5 in 2018 from their dealer in Malaysia: Aviron Racing -- website seems to be down, but both they and Concept2 have Facebook pages.    

Cost was US$970 plus $160 shipping to Bangkok (via TNT).  I think I used PayPal.  Took less than a week to arrive, zero problems.   Not especially noisy, and as everybody says this is the rower to buy.

-- Retiree 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Last time I checked it was 65k but not in stock any place, same price delivered from Malaysia. 

Same status I see now but lower price, so they might order for you

https://www.sport.co.th/shop-now/cardio/indoor-rower/concept2-rower-rowerg.html

• Like 1

I have a Decathlon Domyos 500 rowing machine and am very happy with it.   You mention about amplitude, I haven't experienced it with mine at all, although what you must do is tighten the locking wheel when dropping the seat leg in position.   If you don't do that there will be some slight movement of the front unit.   It's also very quiet.

20210901_084802.jpg

20210901_084850.jpg

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Last time I checked it was 65k but not in stock any place, same price delivered from Malaysia. 

Same status I see now but lower price, so they might order for you

https://www.sport.co.th/shop-now/cardio/indoor-rower/concept2-rower-rowerg.html

Why I have found a much cheaper one here ( 28700 bahts ) ? con it be a "fake" , like some in Lazada or Aliexpress ?

14 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Why I have found a much cheaper one here ( 28700 bahts ) ? con it be a "fake" , like some in Lazada or Aliexpress ?

I cant give you an answer on that one, but I would be suspicious. I know the price in Norway who is one of the cheaper countries outside Us when it comes to sports equipment, you cant get it lower than 47 000,-, I doubt you get it original cheaper than that in Thailand. Cheapest on Amazon us 40k. 

• Like 1

i am very suspicious, too,  I have sent a message to the seller ( Lee ) to ask why it's so much cheaper than somewhere else : he did'nt answer yet, I doubt he will answer ( or maybe a second hand, but it's not written on the site )

1 minute ago, Aforek said:

i am very suspicious, too,  I have sent a message to the seller ( Lee ) to ask why it's so much cheaper than somewhere else : he did'nt answer yet, I doubt he will answer ( or maybe a second hand, but it's not written on the site )

If you can go and look at it physically, and pick it up yourselves, it is definitely worth the money even used

22 hours ago, pagallim said:

I have a Decathlon Domyos 500 rowing machine and am very happy with it.   You mention about amplitude, I haven't experienced it with mine at all, although what you must do is tighten the locking wheel when dropping the seat leg in position.   If you don't do that there will be some slight movement of the front unit.   It's also very quiet.

20210901_084802.jpg

20210901_084850.jpg

The amplitude problem means that the movement does not go far enough forward, as rowers do, which means that forward movement is impossible; look for example from Concept 2, the front is very forward, the Decathlon stops abruptly, which prevents having a forward movement as for rowing
It's the only ( but very important ) problem of this rowing, pity because otherwise it's good and cheap