Wall collapses at unopened new terminal at Don Mueang

webfact

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

Just in case you didn't understand - there's always one like you. 

Well I am one one that rather determines issues and statements based on facts and questions statements rather than believe in exaggerations to push your point. You will find that there are a lot more like me. especially when people make statements as you did, and I quote; "I always give a good push or pull on anything I'm about to risk my life on/near. ", and then when questioned on the factually of that statement you back paddle and attempt to blame the people who questioned you making such a gross exaggeration. But I suspect that everybody can see through such an exaggeration now that you have been called out about it and to which have back peddled upon  stating you didn't really mean "anything".  Would you have back peddled if not take to task I wonder  ?

Edited by Excel

On 4/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, khunjeff said:

Yesterday's storms weren't particularly violent, even by Bangkok standards - there's no reason that structure should have sustained any damage at all.

As a structural engineer, from what i have seen of Thailand construction methods god help them if they experience cyclonic winds.

17 minutes ago, Daimler said:

As a structural engineer, from what i have seen of Thailand construction methods god help them if they experience cyclonic winds.

In some aspects I could agree. But without  access to the specific construction details and if they were actually adhered to, or if existing infrastructure was  compromised permitting ingress of water , etc etc then other than a degree of concern for safety  not  much more can  justifiably  be said about this incident.

13 hours ago, Excel said:

Well I am one one that rather determines issues and statements based on facts and questions statements rather than believe in exaggerations to push your point. You will find that there are a lot more like me. especially when people make statements as you did, and I quote; "I always give a good push or pull on anything I'm about to risk my life on/near. ", and then when questioned on the factually of that statement you back paddle and attempt to blame the people who questioned you making such a gross exaggeration. But I suspect that everybody can see through such an exaggeration now that you have been called out about it and to which have back peddled upon  stating you didn't really mean "anything".  Would you have back peddled if not take to task I wonder  ?

Don't take everything so literally, you'll make yourself unhealthy. 

15 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

In some aspects I could agree. But without  access to the specific construction details and if they were actually adhered to, or if existing infrastructure was  compromised permitting ingress of water , etc etc then other than a degree of concern for safety  not  much more can  justifiably  be said about this incident.

Sorry i wasn't talking just about this incident but in general what i have seen during construction in Thailand