Under Consideration for Covid Extenstion?

A USA friend of mine entered Thailand a few months ago on a 30 day visa exemption and has since gotten a couple of covid extensions with the current extenstion expiring on 16 May.  He went to the new covid extension office at Icon Square in Bangkok today to apply early for another extension.  He wasn't turned down but was give an "application of stay is under consideration"  stamp in his passport and told to return on 17 May.  

He did ask what that meant, but the officer couldn't really tell him.  He asked if he would be on overstay when he returned on the 17th and was told he would be but it would be OK.

Any idea what this means?  Is it just a formality and he will be given two more months on 17 May or is there a possibility of denial and being told to leave the country toot sweet?

Thanks.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dj230 said:

theres a new covid extension office? it's not at muang thong Thani anymore?

Mueang Thong Thani immigration closed 18th. 

Some of previous things done there are back to CW, some to Icon square Laski

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

theres a new covid extension office? it's not at muang thong Thani anymore?

As of today those with visa exempt entries apply at the new office.

K_ITSQURE02.png

Tourist visa other types of entries are have been done at Chaeng Wattana for a year now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As of today those with visa exempt entries apply at the new office.

K_ITSQURE02.png

Tourist visa other types of entries are have been done at Chaeng Wattana for a year now.

how early can you go before your visa expires to apply for an extension again? is it 30 days?

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

how early can you go before your visa expires to apply for an extension again? is it 30 days?

Most immigration offices will do the 30 day extension up to 2 weeks before your permit to stay (a visa is not extended)  ends.

• Like 1

As @Ubonjoe points out,  the "report back date " after "under consideration " period is not a deadline. 

My report back date for marriage extension was last Monday 18th, but as of just now, they (Pathum Thani Immigration ) haven't received the (what they call)"visa approval" hasn't arrived yet.

Please call back tomorrow !

I guess the week (+?) off for Songkran has set HQ back a bit.

Lucky I didn't have anything planned after getting the extension stamp !

• Like 1