STV Renewal

Hello Guys,

Tomorrow I will renew my STV in Bangkok (13 days before the expiration day) and I have some doubts:

• Do you know in wich building I have to do the procedure?
  • Is mandatory the insurance?
  • With this kind of visa, is the 90 days report mandatory?

Tomorrow I will share with you my experience.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ivanex
STV

41 minutes ago, Ivanex said:
  • Do you know in wich building I have to do the procedure?
  • Is mandatory the insurance?
  • With this kind of visa, is the 90 days report mandatory?

If you are in Bangkok it is done at Chaeng Wattana immigration. It is building B in the government complex.

Insurance is required.

You should be doing 90 day reports. Your extension will be considered as doing a 90 day report if it is your first one and the next one will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the extension.

I was on Thursday in Chaeng Wattana immigration Building B. 

The documents they asked for: 

• TM7
  • Copy of passport, TM6, latest arrival and SPV page.
  • Copy of the Quarantine hotel booking, proof of payment and last PCR test they provided.
  • Health insurance (minimum coverage of 100.000 USD for COVID-19 treatment. Apart of that it must cover the whole lenght of the stay (minumum coverage of 40k tbh for outpatient and no less than 400k for inpatient) Important: it must be a Thai insurance company. I got one for six months through a friend agent for 21k (2k agent fee)
  • Rental contract and proof of payment.

I hope it could be useful for someone.

Best regards,

Ivanex

@Rdimbus

Edited by Ivanex

• 1 month later...

I have to apply for an extension of my STV quite soon and have accommodation and insurance sorted and paid for but I have a couple of questions about some confusing points

1- What exactly is meant by the Quarantine Hotel booking and PCR results in this instance? The Test and Go quarantine hotel we stayed in upon arrival in Thailand months ago? And the Day 1 test results from then? This seems completely irrelevant but maybe I’m missing something? 

also 2- Is the 90 days counted from the date the STV visa sticker was issued by the Thai consulate in Sydney, or from the stamp declaring the day we arrived in Thailand? The sticker in my passport says “valid until 21st June 2022”, however the stamp on the adjacent page says July 11th. Do I need to sort out the extension this week, or can I wait a few weeks and apply based on the July date on the stamp? 

Endless thanks in advance for any help. This forum appears to be the only reliable source of information for this! ????