Doesn’t Thailand have enough events already to attract tourists?

webfact

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Never felt treated like a criminal."  So you don't do 90 day reports then?

What? Why would I feel like they are treating me like a criminal for that reason? Of course I do, but I choose to see it as it is very good for old people or sick people as they might die and nobody report it.

It´s assumptions and non-logic like the quote you just made, that just keep holding your grudge against this nice and beautiful country. But, by all means. Continue to feel like a criminal. Hope you are happy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

Gross. Men can find whores anywhere, even in Saudi Arabia.

True. One will usually find some of them are Thais, and earning a lot more than they would back here.

I like how Thailand likes to do anything except acknowledge the reality that the “tourists” who come here are single, western men looking to party and have easy, abundant sex.

nobody cares about festivals or whatever other horses**t they trot out. I almost have to wonder if it’s deliberate because no other explanation makes sense

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Not hard. Sex, booze and laidback lifestyle with minimal rules & regs. Very little of any of that right now. Can have all the festivals you want; strict entry does not a happy tourist destination make.

10 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If all you are coming for is sex and drink stay home. You can get a slapper for free at home, you dont need to buy an airline ticket so you can get get even more smashed at home.

What, you seen the state of some of them Brit girls. :giggle:

You are

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

What? Why would I feel like they are treating me like a criminal for that reason? Of course I do, but I choose to see it as it is very good for old people or sick people as they might die and nobody report it.

It´s assumptions and non-logic like the quote you just made, that just keep holding your grudge against this nice and beautiful country. But, by all means. Continue to feel like a criminal. Hope you are happy.

Probably never been out of the country??? I once came in Malaysia and at the border the immigration was smiling and very very friendly... I felt be welcomed as a guest...Than you come back toThailand.. Grumpy people not even a friendly word as. only.. stand back... for the picture...And my partner got a long term visa in my country.. We went 1 time to the immigration and he could stay for 5 years without any reporting anymore or threats for fines for not doing home adress notification, 90 days, re entry permits. My partner could work in any job he wanted without loads of copies...So please be informed instead of saying things you never experienced 

32 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If all you are coming for is sex and drink stay home. You can get a slapper for free at home, you dont need to buy an airline ticket so you can get get even more smashed at home.

No you can't they cost a fortune in the UK.   According to BBC news and Channel 4 documentaries, the average cost if you want UK prostitutes to stay overnight is £1000 per night ie £100 per hour far more than the cost of an airline ticket and the bar fine in Thailand. They usually don't stay overnight and limit their services to one hour at a time, they are often very clinical and do not give the attention that Thai ladies of negotiable virtue are famous for. It's actually cheaper to go to Thailand for one night including air fare than it is to get any similar service in the UK

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Probably never been out of the country??? I once came in Malaysia and at the border the immigration was smiling and very very friendly... I felt be welcomed as a guest...Than you come back toThailand.. Grumpy people not even a friendly word as. only.. stand back... for the picture...And my partner got a long term visa in my country.. We went 1 time to the immigration and he could stay for 5 years without any reporting anymore or threats for fines for not doing home adress notification, 90 days, re entry permits. My partner could work in any job he wanted without loads of copies...So please be informed instead of saying things you never experienced 

What do you know about me! Are you serious? I am not speak without any experiences. I have been in and out of the country with my whole family a lot of times. Been to Malaysia, Cambodia as well as Laos through land borders. No problem whatsoever. After that you talk about another country, and it´s easier there. Yes, different countries have different rules and laws which makes it have more or less paper work and restrictions.

Instead of telling me that I know nothing, as I have been working in Thailand as well, you should concentrate on what you want when everything is so bad for you. Just go to the promised country where everything is so easy and live happy happy with your partner. Just doesn´t sound like Thailand is for you. Otherwise, of course you can do as so many others. Continue to complain in your own misery.

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Not hard. Sex, booze and laidback lifestyle with minimal rules & regs. Very little of any of that right now. Can have all the festivals you want; strict entry does not a happy tourist destination make.

Agreed. Sights, events, and activities aren't the problem. But entry requirements and visa regulations are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

What do you know about me! Are you serious? I am not speak without any experiences. I have been in and out of the country with my whole family a lot of times. Been to Malaysia, Cambodia as well as Laos through land borders. No problem whatsoever. After that you talk about another country, and it´s easier there. Yes, different countries have different rules and laws which makes it have more or less paper work and restrictions.

Instead of telling me that I know nothing, as I have been working in Thailand as well, you should concentrate on what you want when everything is so bad for you. Just go to the promised country where everything is so easy and live happy happy with your partner. Just doesn´t sound like Thailand is for you. Otherwise, of course you can do as so many others. Continue to complain in your own misery.

The welcoming Thai hospitality...... 

They want champagne and caviar tourists but they offer Sangsom and beer nuts with a side of extortion.  The old adage you get what you pay for works in reverse too...you get what you put out there.  So for now enjoy stinky hippy backpackers that wanna ride elephants

Edited by happydreamer

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah. you must really love it here, as you spout garbage of everything in this forum on a regular basis.

Is that the best you can do? I do love it here. I think the nature of a discerning mind is to point out failings and not just suck it up. Disliking the government does not mean I don't like my life here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SGD said:

I loved and then lived in Mallorca because it was edgy, didn't have as much law as the UK where I was born and it was a place you could drink all night, be free as a bird or relax on a beach all summer. Don't be too stupid and the greater freedom will do you no harm.

When I discovered Thailand 30+ years ago, it was Mallorca on steroids and off he wall in terms of attraction. In the beginning the wild nightlife and endless sunshine and seemingly total lack of law was amazing and the main attraction along with the food. Over time, I visited more and the vast variety of places to see (many now destroyed by tourism and greed) made it impossible to ever get bored with the place and in love, I moved to Thailand.

I've seen a lot, lived in the north, south, in Bangkok, on the beach and I love most of it. I could find things to do for the rest of my life and never become tired but the lack of freedom is killing the country.

Open up, drop the stupid rules, get rid of the military government and set Thailand free or the generation who have not yet discovered Thailand will find another magical place and their money will largely be lost forever.

One wonders if the current crop of clowns has any comprehension of the damage they have done to Thai culture, the economy and the future of it's people. It would be difficult to underestimate the extent to which the nation is moving backwards, at this time. 

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not in the same situation? I can not understand? I am living in Thailand permanently with wife and two children. What is it that I can not understand. There has never been any problem with immigration, nor any visa/entry or extension problems. Not at land borders, nor airports. Never have had a Thai policeman treat me any other way, than they treat the Thais. Never felt treated like a criminal.

I guess that is just because I treat them the same way, and not demand any extra rights or treatment in this country. Neither do I see myself standing above the Thais or that I am more worth, because I spend so much money. Maybe you should try that and see how different life becomes. On here we only have 80% grumpy posters, with a negative attitude towards Thailand. Yet, it seems like most accept their faith and stay. Strange, but I also hear that the same 80% burnt their bridges back home, just to be able to afford their complaining life.

Do you work for the TAT?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Do you work for the TAT?

Strange question??? Same like I should look at your nickname, and ask you if you are a Thai police in Chiang Mai? Do you understand how stupid that was now?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Is that the best you can do? I do love it here. I think the nature of a discerning mind is to point out failings and not just suck it up. Disliking the government does not mean I don't like my life here. 

No, but spending so much time complaining on something you can´t do nothing about???? Either you just have to much time and do know what to do with it, or you are just too bitter. Maybe, one of those that burnt their bridges and can´t go home. 

• Like 1

Pattaya open?   Yes?  I'm there!!

Soi 666 ready to call me super hansum???  OK

BKK, Phuket, Pattaya........I've heard there are other cities in LOS, but I can't be bothered checking

gotta go mate.......My super hot bar gf needs 10 more drinks and she's so good at billiards.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Pattaya open?   Yes?  I'm there!!

Soi 666 ready to call me super hansum???  OK

BKK, Phuket, Pattaya........I've heard there are other cities in LOS, but I can't be bothered checking

gotta go mate.......My super hot bar gf needs 10 more drinks and she's so good at billiards.  

I think it´s more like pool they are playing. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but spending so much time complaining on something you can´t do nothing about???? Either you just have to much time and do know what to do with it, or you are just too bitter. Maybe, one of those that burnt their bridges and can´t go home. 

Well, I am definitely not bitter. However, I do not own a home in the US, so you wisely observed my inability to return to the US, even if I wanted to, with the skyrocketing cost of housing, so in a sense I burnt that bridge. 

However, I just can't think of a scenario that would compel me to want to live in the US. I find it a rather joyless place, these days. 

I will take your thoughts about complaining into account. If you notice, it is rarely about the Thai people. It is usually about the creepy leadership, and the way they are diminishing the quality of life for many good Thai people. 

On 4/21/2022 at 6:49 AM, vandeventer said:

Yes , Thailand has enough events to please the tourist but it also steals all their holidays to get a day off from work. How many Chinese holidays do they steal? How many American holidays? And European holidays? What I am saying is there is a hell of a lot of celebrations over here and I wonder how anything gets done.

But that is one of the aspects of the Thai nature that is the most endearing. They love to party, and have a good time. Any excuse. And they can be quite lighthearted. You can't fault a culture for that! Kudos to them for that. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I am definitely not bitter. However, I do not own a home in the US, so you wisely observed my inability to return to the US, even if I wanted to, with the skyrocketing cost of housing, so in a sense I burnt that bridge. 

However, I just can't think of a scenario that would compel me to want to live in the US. I find it a rather joyless place, these days. 

I will take your thoughts about complaining into account. If you notice, it is rarely about the Thai people. It is usually about the creepy leadership, and the way they are diminishing the quality of life for many good Thai people. 

Yes, I have observed that you mostly focus your negative post on government, other authorities and the police as well as the justice system. Partly, I agree with that it´s not the most optimized system for every single individual. However, most systems, how bad they seem to be, offers a positive side for most parts of society. I do not say that they are right, but I can also see the advantage for the people who grow up with such system and the general tradition in the way of living and thinking in Thailand.

The bottom line, is that I believe we have to broaden our minds and understand how people live and how the society works. After that, we will just have to accept it as things are done. It´s not our country and we can neither change anything, nor feel better by complaining about something all the time. As you say, most of us look at our home countries to be a worse place for living.

Then, in my mind, why complain when you actually feel that you came to a better place? That is is just the eternal search for perfection. Many fools have tried, and most of them finds out that the grass was not at all greener on the other side. To sum it up, as long as the Thai people do not complain to much, make a revolution or anything else to make a change.

Just leave it up to them, and just be happy that you found a place that you feel better in. Most of the bad stuff does not really affect your life anyway. The small things that does, you just have to deal with as taking the bad with the good. Comparing, and probably come to the conclusion things aren´t that bad as a whole.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 2:58 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Surely if guys are horny enough , they will jump through the hoops and get a Thai pass ?

Guys who haven't had sex since before Covid should be very eager to jump through the hoops 

You may be right but I think jumping through hoops might be a bit of a niche sexual perversion. It's this done naked or is there a need for rubber underwear, gimp suit ect. Asking for a friend.