Doesn’t Thailand have enough events already to attract tourists?

webfact

On 4/21/2022 at 2:22 AM, daveAustin said:

Not hard. Sex, booze and laidback lifestyle with minimal rules & regs. Very little of any of that right now. Can have all the festivals you want; strict entry does not a happy tourist destination make.

That's not what the article is about. That is more down to the restrictions and requirements to enter Thailand which hopefully will improve soon. 

The article is about TAT and its well paid employees trying to justify their salaries by dreaming up new ideas that they can announce rather than concentrating on what's already there but postponed. As it say a lot of these should return next year. Until then it's more the general tourism that needs help from easing travel restrictions.

21 hours ago, RobU said:

No you can't they cost a fortune in the UK.   According to BBC news and Channel 4 documentaries, the average cost if you want UK prostitutes to stay overnight is £1000 per night ie £100 per hour far more than the cost of an airline ticket and the bar fine in Thailand. They usually don't stay overnight and limit their services to one hour at a time, they are often very clinical and do not give the attention that Thai ladies of negotiable virtue are famous for. It's actually cheaper to go to Thailand for one night including air fare than it is to get any similar service in the UK

You get as drunk as many do here you would be out anyway. But there is always Europe

• Confused 1

Let me promote the weed that I grow and smoke, then you don't need any ridiculous overpaid executives to bring more tourists.

When you see what all these sxumbags executives have done to the world by deciding to lock it for a flue, you should understand how they are useless and should all be fired.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:02 AM, webfact said:

so perhaps TAT should look at what attracted people here in large numbers in the past.

Does TAT really not know? Girls, fun, nightlife, easy lifestyle, living with no hassles. These are the things that attracted large numbers in the past. Simple.  

• Like 2

Thailand always misunderstands what people want. 

They don't want silly events. They don't want to be preached (lies) about how great Thailand is. They don't want to be educated (lied to) about Thai culture and history.

They want a cheap holiday with no hassle, a few encounters with cute Thai chicks, a clean beach, cold beer, friendly faces, decent food.

Like it was 20 years ago.

It's not complicated. 

• Thanks 1

Ah yes, drunken festivals, drug fueled full moon parties and bike shows just the sort of events that will have the upper classes and millionaires flooding to Thailand in their droves ????

Edited by starky

39 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Thailand always misunderstands what people want. 

They don't want silly events. They don't want to be preached (lies) about how great Thailand is. They don't want to be educated (lied to) about Thai culture and history.

They want a cheap holiday with no hassle, a few encounters with cute Thai chicks, a clean beach, cold beer, friendly faces, decent food.

Like it was 20 years ago.

It's not complicated. 

You would need the country to not be ruled by a paranoid military for any chance of turning the clock back.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Does TAT really not know? Girls, fun, nightlife, easy lifestyle, living with no hassles. These are the things that attracted large numbers in the past. Simple.  

I think that is an antiquated view from within a box. 

Pre Covid it was hoards from Chine, 11 million, supplying 25% of the market, with another sizeable portion coming from India and Russia......

On 4/21/2022 at 6:34 AM, hotchilli said:

Who know nothing.

Yes but they can ask their rich wives who get waited on hand and foot, chaufered everywhere since birth, have 24/7 expectation someone will be available in a second to fulfill their every wish, no doubt they have real insights into what Thailand / poor Thais really need.

Some years back I went to the big amphur office in CM to get my pink ID card. Rich woman arrived with driver and entourage, ignores the 2 or 3 people in the queue and starts demaning attention, which didn't happen, the staff (mostly very young but efficient and they knew what they were doing just got on with handling the citizens, all wanting new or resplacment ID cards, with efficiency.

RIch woman stepped to the front and demands immediate attention but gets told she will be taken care of quickly when it's her turn. Rich gal decides she will play a game and orders one of the junior staff to immediately (in English) to go and get her a sandwich (yes a sandwich) and coffee. 

Several jnr staff wave to the supervisor sitting on the side to come. She does so quickly then tells rich gal her staff don't provide such services, and to send her driver or one of her personal staff to get her needs. Supervisor returns to her desk. 

Rich gal leaves but one of her staff remains and sspeak to the juniors and asks if she can make an appoitment for tomorrrow morning. Response: We don't take bookings/appointments, by queue only. Rich gals staff member stands there perplexed then leaves. 

Three more people later it's my turn. Young male staff member speaks to me in advanced English and asks me to check spelling etc., on a screen then asks me to go the camera area (less than 1 minute walk). Young man apologizes for the behaviors of the rich gal 5 minutes before, then adjusts my shirt collar, ask sme to sit more balances, shoulders more back. Within 1 more minute photo finished.

Young man asks me to come back 1 hr later. I did that, 2 seconds and pink ID card in my pocket, all done. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 6:33 AM, NHPT said:

No special events needed....just get rid of Thailand Pass and any arrival restrictions and testing and we will all come back...

Im thinking hotels in Vietnam will be full soon, Thailand will still be 70% empty

Vietnam is cheaper too.