is 2 mths bank account proof enough for Non-O Thai Spouse 1-year extension

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only on the day your apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage.

yes ubon joe , thanks  i forgot to put in the amount earlier . cheers!

see my earlier comment regarding this subject:

you didn't mention if this is 

after having used a visa agent for several years, I thought that I now qualified for the "normal way" of getting a retirement extension.

I was wrong. Went to Jomtien today with all paperwork necessary (Bank statements (up to date copies), residence statement, updated bank book with copies, bank letter (signed) passport copies (signed), both official TM forms (signed)

service was friendly and the problem was explained in detail.

Whilst I was under the expression that the 800.000 + have to be in the bank for 3 months prior to the application, I was wrong.

they explained to me that this amount had to be in the bank for 1 year (since the date of the last year extension) but can temporarily go down to 400.000, then up again to 800.000,  3 months before the application.

I then went to my former visa agent (the one I paid all these years) who was able to fix the problem for a very reasonable amount.

I was also told that next year I wouldn't have a problem if the bank account remains at 800.000 (temporarily 400.000)

something learned again

thaisabai

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months in your name only on the day your apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage.

Hi Joe, can you use proof of income IE pension if married for non o visas ? 400k for married

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Hi Joe, can you use proof of income IE pension if married for non o visas ? 400k for married

You can apply using the 40k baht monthly income option.

If your embassy will issue a proof of income documents that can be used to prove it. If not you would need 12 months of  transfers equal to or greater than 40k baht from abroad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, is using money in bank method.

@bluebanana keep in mind that need to keep funds in the bank for under consideration period.

So approx 3 months all up

I have never had my bank account checked when picking up my extension although very wise to do so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have never had my bank account checked when picking up my extension although very wise to do so.

Yes as usual an office to office thing and as usual officers also vary.

Several reports of it having been an issue however can't recall it ever being a deal breaker.

More of a warning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaisabai said:

see my earlier comment regarding this subject:

you didn't mention if this is 

after having used a visa agent for several years, I thought that I now qualified for the "normal way" of getting a retirement extension.

I was wrong. Went to Jomtien today with all paperwork necessary (Bank statements (up to date copies), residence statement, updated bank book with copies, bank letter (signed) passport copies (signed), both official TM forms (signed)

service was friendly and the problem was explained in detail.

Whilst I was under the expression that the 800.000 + have to be in the bank for 3 months prior to the application, I was wrong.

they explained to me that this amount had to be in the bank for 1 year (since the date of the last year extension) but can temporarily go down to 400.000, then up again to 800.000,  3 months before the application.

I then went to my former visa agent (the one I paid all these years) who was able to fix the problem for a very reasonable amount.

I was also told that next year I wouldn't have a problem if the bank account remains at 800.000 (temporarily 400.000)

something learned again

thaisabai

The OP asked about a marriage extension and you are replying about something different ????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 12:47 PM, Eaglekott said:

A question out of curiosity, Must the amount 400,000 or 800,000 be in the same bank account or can you combine several accounts to reach the target?

hi i think its 1 bank account , sorry i hardly check in here much 

2 hours ago, bluebanana said:
On 4/22/2022 at 12:47 PM, Eaglekott said:

A question out of curiosity, Must the amount 400,000 or 800,000 be in the same bank account or can you combine several accounts to reach the target?

Expand  

hi i think its 1 bank account , sorry i hardly check in here much

It can be in couple of accounts.

In a situation where someone makes a mistake an accidentally tips below required funds then another account could be used in addition to the one for immigration purposes.