Cobblers.....currently open shoe repairer?

topt

Over on the Darkside there's a shoe repair shop that's still open (I drive past it all the time). Located on Soi Nern Plab Wan, northwest corner of the train track intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9320486,100.9052664,3a,41.1y,351.09h,85.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1soqEeBd6sPFbTTpED_Qw3CQ!2e0!5s20201101T000000!7i16384!8i8192

3 hours ago, bbko said:

Over on the Darkside there's a shoe repair shop that's still open (I drive past it all the time). Located on Soi Nern Plab Wan, northwest corner of the train track intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9320486,100.9052664,3a,41.1y,351.09h,85.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1soqEeBd6sPFbTTpED_Qw3CQ!2e0!5s20201101T000000!7i16384!8i8192

Thanks that looks more promising. 

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Opp the fish market in naklua just up the side street there is a great place always have our shoes done there.

Thanks but if possible can you be a bit more specific?

On 4/21/2022 at 10:59 AM, SidJames said:

Pattaya Tai just a doorway or so up from that busy Turkish kebab shop on the corner of 2nd rd.

He's been there years but unsure if covid times have done for his business so ask the local motobike guys if he's not there.

https://goo.gl/maps/sKLPuwQ53UgvwMG88

I drove past this spot today & I'm pleased to announce that he's still there.

He will make a brand new pairs pf shoes from scratch or copy an exisiting pair of old ones & twos as well as repairs.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, SidJames said:

I drove past this spot today & I'm pleased to announce that he's still there.

He will make a brand new pairs pf shoes from scratch or copy an exisiting pair of old ones & twos as well as repairs.

Well I passed on your message to my mate who is the actual person looking and he said he used to use this guy. After your comment he went again and said that the "shop" is still there but no signs of work/occupancy so not sure if there is some confusion over location or not.

Please don't shoot the messenger, and thanks for updating, but both of you can't be right - unless as I said it's a location thing :thumbsup:

PS. @bbko he is actually using the one you mentioned who is definitely still there. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, topt said:

Well I passed on your message to my mate who is the actual person looking and he said he used to use this guy. After your comment he went again and said that the "shop" is still there but no signs of work/occupancy so not sure if there is some confusion over location or not.

Please don't shoot the messenger, and thanks for updating, but both of you can't be right - unless as I said it's a location thing :thumbsup:

PS. @bbko he is actually using the one you mentioned who is definitely still there. 

He might be only opening the odd day or had commitments (funerals etc) as I actually saw him with my own dodgy eyes.

10 hours ago, NE1 said:

Do any of these cobblers resole leather shoes , not just stick on but stitched.

I've seen a large sewing machine at the shoe place I mentioned in this thread. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbko said:

I've seen a large sewing machine at the shoe place I mentioned in this thread. 

A while ago a member called Oink said he had some leather soles done at this shop , and I asked him to put a couple of photos on but he never did.