What if you're too ill?

23 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

About 2 years ago at CW, I asked what happens if one is too ill to go in person for an extension of stay based on retirement. I was told by the IO that someone could represent me with some kind of medical document. No specifics were mentioned, but the IO probably meant a Bai Rap Rong Pat ใบรับรองแพทย์ (medical certificate)), but my status would change to something like "Sick", and if, for example, I happened to be grandfathered (in Thailand continuously since before Oct 1998),

Your assumption is wrong.

If you were to ill to travel to immigration and you had somebody do the extension for you it would not change the type of extension you would get as long as they had all the supporting documents for the extension based upon retirement.

You would not get a extension for medical treatment that can be issued for up to 90 days.

• Like 1

15 years ago, I overstayed due to an operation at Bumrungrad. They put me in a cab with a nurse and sent me to immigration, where I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I agree that an agent would be a better choice, but as a tourist, I didn't know about that option. It was the hospital, not me, that checked my passport and discovered the overstay.

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your assumption is wrong.

If you were to ill to travel to immigration and you had somebody do the extension for you it would not change the type of extension you would get as long as they had all the supporting documents for the extension based upon retirement.

You would not get a extension for medical treatment that can be issued for up to 90 days.

I am just telling you what I was told at  the time. 

7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

You cant say trust no one,when i was very ill my wife and son did everything for me ,almost lived in the hospital ,my daughter in the UK said when her half brother rang to tell her he was in tears and he is in his 20s , i trust my family here and in the UK .

My wife slept on the floor when i was ill in hospital for 5 weeks, But she still does not know my ATM PIN number. Just saying.