Any recommended bicycle tyre shops for mail order please.

Antiparovian

I am specifically looking to by a pair of Continental Grand Prix 5000 tyres, 700 x 28, Black/Black by mail order.

I have looked on Lazada etc and only seem to have 700 x 25.

Location Nong Khai.

Or would it be best to order in my own Country and get them sent here. An extra £25 or so doesn't bother me.

Thanks in advance, first time I have used this Forum.

2 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Thanks for this but I specifically wanted the Grand Prix 5000 tyres. This is where I have the problem.

Could I suggest you message a couple of the continental suppliers on Lazada and ask if they could supply them. You never know and it would make life easier for you if they could.

17 hours ago, Excel said:

These are from China, and no doubt copies.   Wouldn't touch them.   I actually got a pair of GP5000 28mm a couple of months ago, and had a look at the order supplier on Lazada and they are out of stock, as with every other Thai supplier that I've used.   You also need to be careful and order the right type of tyre, i.e. clincher or tubeless.   If there's something I really want, I use Amazon, which ok you'll pay a bit more with delivery and import fees, but at least you get exactly what you want.   Had a look there:

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-Grand-Prix-5000-Black-BW/dp/B088ND6FNQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=W83T4RIBWUQU&keywords=continental%2Bgrand%2Bprix%2B5000%2B700x28&qid=1650596834&sprefix=continental%2B%2Caps%2C422&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

These are from China, and no doubt copies.   Wouldn't touch them.   I actually got a pair of GP5000 28mm a couple of months ago, and had a look at the order supplier on Lazada and they are out of stock, as with every other Thai supplier that I've used.   You also need to be careful and order the right type of tyre, i.e. clincher or tubeless.   If there's something I really want, I use Amazon, which ok you'll pay a bit more with delivery and import fees, but at least you get exactly what you want.   Had a look there:

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-Grand-Prix-5000-Black-BW/dp/B088ND6FNQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=W83T4RIBWUQU&keywords=continental%2Bgrand%2Bprix%2B5000%2B700x28&qid=1650596834&sprefix=continental%2B%2Caps%2C422&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Why do you assume that they are copies ? Continental has a tyre production facility in Hefei, China

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why do you assume that they are copies ? Continental has a tyre production facility in Hefei, China

Pricing as much as anything, and I think you'll find they make vehicle tyres only.   Continental bicycle tyres sold here in Thailand proclaim very loudly "Made in Germany".   From the ones I recently fitted to one of my bikes.

20220422_102613.jpg

20220422_102555.jpg

20220422_102714.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 4:30 PM, Antiparovian said:

Thanks for all your help and advice. Received my new tyres from Shopee today !

From a Thai shop?

(I sometimes receive bike parts from China/AliExpress. I'm wondering if it's the same thing with Shopee, or if they also use Thai shops...?)

1 hour ago, frequentatore said:

From a Thai shop?

(I sometimes receive bike parts from China/AliExpress. I'm wondering if it's the same thing with Shopee, or if they also use Thai shops...?)

China and Thailand, sometimes Singapore

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, frequentatore said:

From a Thai shop?

From these guys

https://shopee.co.th/ยาง-Continental-GP5000คุณภาพเยอรมันแท้(นำเข้าถูกต้อง)ยางใหม่ค่ะ-i.181606044.2869880446?sp_atk=60ea9705-9ed7-46a1-bbf3-c4d17f1bf14a&xptdk=60ea9705-9ed7-46a1-bbf3-c4d17f1bf14a