Help please - Visa options

3 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

You need to spend a week in cambodia. my friend just done it, applied on monday and got it on friday

The OP has a valid ME visa

He doesn't need to obtain a visa.

In fact he can fly back whenever he wants

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP has a valid ME visa

He doesn't need to obtain a visa.

ohh i tought his multi will expire soon.

Well, then he can just fly to cambodia and come back. seems its the best option so far. 

but a question; he used lot of extensions in thailand without leaving. Yes, has multi but can still use if he go and come back? they wont say anything at immigration?

thanks

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

ohh i tought his multi will expire soon.

Well, then he can just fly to cambodia and come back. seems its the best option so far

Indeed...

He stated in another post ....

. "And, my visa still has 7 months left, so i can go back to trips over to Loas"..

So yes a good option for him to Cambodia in/out then when his next exit it due he can do border bounce to Nong Kai.

Edited by DrJack54

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So yes a good option for him to Cambodia in/out then when his next exit it due he can do border bounce to Nong Kai.

He is in Udon Thani. See my earlier post about the crossing to Vientiane from Nong Khai being open now.

I suggested he contact a travel agency arrange the crossing since it requires you to be part of tour group.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He is in Udon Thani. See my earlier post about the crossing to Vientiane from Nong Khai being open now.

I suggested he contact a travel agency arrange the crossing since it requires you to be part of tour group.

Yes saw that post uj.

Certainly good option.

I haven't read any reports re the tour groups what's the turn around time. 

He only has (I think) 6 days left to exit. 

Also seemed not too fussed about R&R trip to Cambodia.

He can jump on flight to PP tomorrow if he wanted. 

Nong Kai will be his best option for next exit. Hopefully by then land borders open.

Also of interest is the scrapping of the test and go.

Game changer in my thinking. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Except i cant now. Because I have to wait untill the TP website updates, pottentially 1st of May, meaning a minimum of 5 nights in PP, I dont want that. 

So after staying up all last night looking at flights, hotels & ASQ etc I have now gone back to the drawing board. Its going to go down to the wire. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oldterrier said:

Except i cant now. Because I have to wait untill the TP website updates, pottentially 1st of May, meaning a minimum of 5 nights in PP, I dont want that. 

So after staying up all last night looking at flights, hotels & ASQ etc I have now gone back to the drawing board. Its going to go down to the wire. 

Think I have posted lot on your thread. With options.

I advised urgency. This was your reply in part...

"Why do i need to be in such a hurry ? I was thinking, fly down to bkk next tue/wed then transit to Siem Riep, I dont fancy PP....."

You can't even fly direct to SR from Bangkok currently. 

In another post I mentioned that TP for return,  can be obtained before you even exit Thailand.

In any event I hope you obtain a solution.

Be aware that you could exit Thailand with short overstay and your visa would still be valid for return. 

You also mention not wanting to spend 5 days or whatever in PP.

Well at least you have options.

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, Oldterrier said:

I suggest you pay for the SHAextra+ hotel to get the Thailand pass and then if you return after the 1st it could be canceled.