iHerb not working? Where else to get supplements?

Lorry

I haven't ordered for several years. They now give me a delivery date in June (they didn't say which year).

There also is th.iherb.com (redirecting to iherb.com), thailandiherb.com (not working), a line ID @iHerb.TH (not working), several Zuckerberg's iherbs on face and insta (not interested in Zuckerberg), and assorted piggybacking scammers.

Any experiences?

My link to iHerb is working no problem, perhaps the OP should be getting his system checked for viruses.

Delivery is slower than Lazada; however, I have more confidence in how genuine the supplement is with iHerb.

I make orders from iHerb regularly.  If anything they have been getting better.  There used to be some serious delivery delays with packages getting stuck in Germany and just sitting for week.  At it's worst I waited as long as 8 weeks.
But that seems to have resolved.  My last packages show up in about 10 days.
Look at Britman2's links.  There is no problems with iHerb.  They continue to be my number 1 go-to place for supplements and I continue to highly recommend them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My link to iHerb is working no problem, perhaps the OP should be getting his system checked for viruses.

Delivery is slower than Lazada; however, I have more confidence in how genuine the supplement is with iHerb.

Yeah.  Actually Lazada sells some of the same national brands, but the mark-up on those products is criminal.

I bought one product at iHerb for about $7.50 but the same product was over 1000 THB on Lazada.  That's not unusual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Redirects to iherb.com, delivery June 1 - June 11.

Is this the new normal?

Yes. With COVID, delivery times from the US have slowed to about a month and a half. Don't know if there are quarantine issues involved in the delay, but it is likely.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The site does nto redirect for me.

Are you using a VPN?

It stopped redirecting after i opened a new account ????

And with the new account,  delivery changed from June 1 - June 11 to May 31 - June 10, isn't that great!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

iHerb deliveries come DHL from Germany.

Can't tell for iHerb but for another company:

it transits through Frankfurt where it is taken by DHL and delivered here by the Thai post.

But the origin in my case was in NJ, US.

And last shipment was fast. Ordered Feb 24, received Mar 3.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Can't tell for iHerb but for another company:

it transits through Frankfurt where it is taken by DHL and delivered here by the Thai post.

But the origin in my case was in NJ, US.

And last shipment was fast. Ordered Feb 24, received Mar 3.

Sounds right.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

iHerb deliveries come DHL from Germany.

my last two iHerb deliveries came from Illinois, US. latest one was ordered on 6 April, delivered 21 April. it spent most of that time dwelling in DHL's Melrose Park, IL transit facility (I guess) waiting for an outbound slot.  

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Ditto. Working fine.

You can also get a pretty wide range of supplements from Lazada and Shoppee.

Not sure if I'd trust Lazada or Shoppee for supplements or anything ingested into the body. The stuff you get from there is sketchy to say the least, lots of times the labels are completely different than the pictures they posted, or a chinese version.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

If you dig hard on Lazada and shopee you will not need to order much from I herb.....Also do a Lazada and shopee search on google...... Dig and dig hard...

I herbs day in the sun is over, has been for 3-4-5 years now...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

Not sure if I'd trust Lazada or Shoppee for supplements or anything ingested into the body. The stuff you get from there is sketchy to say the least, lots of times the labels are completely different than the pictures they posted, or a chinese version.

I have ordered LOADs of supplements from Lazada and Shopee without the slightest problems with fakes...... I have made stupid buys but no fakes ever.. 

52 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I have ordered LOADs of supplements from Lazada and Shopee without the slightest problems with fakes...... I have made stupid buys but no fakes ever.. 

well they were either authentic or really good fakes

Just curious, why does it take so long for orders from iHerb to get to Thailand? I have made a number of iHerb orders from New Zealand and they're delivered in 4 - 6 days. The dispatch centre is in California. Also, never any duty or taxes to pay here and the last order was for 10 items totalling over $300. Do you have to pay tax or duty when you receive an order in Thailand?

13 hours ago, dj230 said:

I have bought US brand supplements (Kirkland, Puritan's Pride) from Lazada and Shoppee for years. No problem at all and exactly as pictured.

The  only problem is that availability is a bit sporadic.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lorry said:

It stopped redirecting after i opened a new account ????

And with the new account,  delivery changed from June 1 - June 11 to May 31 - June 10, isn't that great!

Maybe your old account had a US address? These sites have the annoying habit of redirecting you to the geographical location they think is closets rather than letting you chose. In my case my account has Thai address so I always get the Thai site.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

Just curious, why does it take so long for orders from iHerb to get to Thailand? I have made a number of iHerb orders from New Zealand and they're delivered in 4 - 6 days. The dispatch centre is in California. Also, never any duty or taxes to pay here and the last order was for 10 items totalling over $300. Do you have to pay tax or duty when you receive an order in Thailand?

1. It usually does NOT take very long (i.e. averages about 2 weeks), but COVID delays can alter that.

2. In theory you might have it pay but iHerb has worked out how to ship things to Thailand so as to minimize that risk. I have never had to pay customs duty on iHerb shipments. They won't let you order more than a certain value at one time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Maybe your old account had a US address? These sites have the annoying habit of redirecting you to the geographical location they think is closets rather than letting you chose. In my case my account has Thai address so I always get the Thai site.

I thought so,  too. But they always had my Thai address, never had another address. The new account has the same Thai address as the old account. God knows what their algorithm was thinking...

Edited by Lorry

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

I sometimes had to pay import duty,  couple of hundred baht, and when they started to charge this the recommendation was, don't order for more than 50 USD. That was more than 5 years ago.

Now iherb states on their website that import duty is due if the value is over 1500 baht. They will only ship items for less than 100 USD.

The annoying thing about import duty is, you have to travel to a certain post office to get your parcel. It wasn't the nearest one, it was quite far.

• Like 2

Just want to add that iherb very definitely delivers to Thailand, and they often say delivery will take 6 weeks, but in practice, at least in 2022, it's been much faster, like under 2 weeks.

But watch your order amount as there is supposedly duty+tax chargeable if you go over a certain amount. I usually try to keep my orders under 2000 baht, never had issues. One time I ordered about 2600 baht Thai customs carved it up then resealed it. They didn't charge any duty, but it did delay the parcel.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, Lacessit said:

Yes. With COVID, delivery times from the US have slowed to about a month and a half. Don't know if there are quarantine issues involved in the delay, but it is likely.

Like I mentioned above, I've noticed that delay resolving.  My last three orders showed up within 10 days.  Previous to that I was waiting 6 to 8 weeks. 
The bottleneck seemed to be in Germany where packages would arrive and then just sit for weeks.  But that now seems to be resolved.  My shipping delays now seem to be between China and Thailand when ordering products on Lazada that ship from China.  That "Zero-Covid" policy in the China is seriously slowing down shipping. 
So at the moment iHerb shipping times between the US and Thailand are now very reasonable. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, clokwise said:

But watch your order amount as there is supposedly duty+tax chargeable if you go over a certain amount.

iHerb support told me that amount was $46 USD before the package would be stopped for duties.  However, I've made order over $50 and haven't had a problem.  But I attempt to keep orders in the $40 to $46 range.  You get a shipping discount for orders over $40 - or you use to.  They shipping price algorithm is beyond me.  I've never been able to figure it out.

• Like 1