iHerb not working? Where else to get supplements?

Lorry

On 4/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, connda said:

Yeah.  Actually Lazada sells some of the same national brands, but the mark-up on those products is criminal.

I bought one product at iHerb for about $7.50 but the same product was over 1000 THB on Lazada.  That's not unusual. 

The price of supplements bought in Thailand is ridiculously high, because of a ridiculously high import duty on supplements and other "Luxury" stuff.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, connda said:

iHerb support told me that amount was $46 USD before the package would be stopped for duties.  However, I've made order over $50 and haven't had a problem.  But I attempt to keep orders in the $40 to $46 range.  You get a shipping discount for orders over $40 - or you use to.  They shipping price algorithm is beyond me.  I've never been able to figure it out.

Iherb gives you an extra discount on not already discounted products, when you buy for 60 US$ and use the code VALUE60.  A new valuable feature is, that you will get shipping for only 4 US$, when you buy for more than 40 US$. I often order for a higher value and never had to pay any import duty or tax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I checked with this web site and they do ship to Thailand.

I have not used them yet though.

samedaysupplements.com

Here on Samui, the local DHL agents always want a brown envelope so we all avoid DHL.

iHerb always seem to use DHL, even if you request post.

Edited by Tropicalevo

32 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

samedaysupplements.com

Here on Samui, the local DHL agents always want a brown envelope so we all avoid DHL.

I always order with delivery option "Local Post Plus", as DHL in Thailand uses any opportunity to charge duty and tax, and will go to extremes, like increasing the value of a low value shipment. The law in Thailand is very clear, that you can import goods with a value of 1,500 Baht or below from any country, without having to pay any duty or tax.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 8:52 AM, Tropicalevo said:

samedaysupplements.com

My iHerb DHL delivery arrive via Thai Post.  I've never had to deal with a "DHL Agent."  I've on rare occasions have had to pay an "overweight fee" of a whopping 7 THB for 'overweight' items.  7 THB isn't even on my radar, but with that said my wife used to have our Thai Post Office delivers sent to a cousin down the road (trust me I can't fathom the reason other than a number of years ago we split our time between Chiang Mai and our home on Lamphum).  That cousin moved out of the region for a couple of years and those packages come right to our house and since I've personally received the packages I've never paid a satang more on deliver. 

On 4/26/2022 at 9:25 AM, Xonax said:

"Local Post Plus"

The two options I get are "Local Post" and "Local Post Plus" that latter includes tracking.
Recently the "Local Post Plus" is the cheapest option.  I've been using it since like forever due to the tracking.
I've never had a problem with the DHL delivers and I've been ordering from iHerb for a lot of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Package arrived yesterday. As others have said, iherb said 6 weeks but it really took 12 days.

Customs let it through (i bought stuff for 1400 baht, after reading on iherb's website that 1500 is the limit in Thailand )

Iherb says they send by Thai Post plus, whatever this is. It was sent by DHL, but not by DHL express (that would  their courier service). This confused my condo staff (they handle DHL different from Thai Post), so i only got it today. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, scotsman said:

https://th.pipingrock.com/.   I have been using this company for over a year now so far very good.

regards 

Scotsman 

I tried them, not very satisfied.

I placed an order with pipingrock and an identical order with iherb, both on June 21.

Iherb arrived yesterday. 

Pipingrock charged 5 USD more for postage (they say it is air mail),

but according to their tracking, the package is still in the US.

• Sad 1

If they have buy one get one free it can save you a lot. They also have some crazy deals as well.

I use to use Iherb but that was during the height of the pandemic and the post was going through China so it was delayed a lot.

May be they have changed back to another postal service I will check it out.

It's still good to have more than one service for our supplements.

Regards 

Scotsman   

On 4/26/2022 at 8:38 AM, Xonax said:

The price of supplements bought in Thailand is ridiculously high, because of a ridiculously high import duty on supplements and other "Luxury" stuff.

How wrong you are.......Are some supplements more expensive in Thailand...Yes they are.....But not crazy expensive anymore.......

First you search Lazada and Shopee, Then you do a google image product search for Lazada and Shopee....And be sure to click on everyone of them.....Then scroll a product page down to the bottom 4-5-6 times for even more choices.....

If your not to lazy to put the time in, you most likely will find good prices...

Edited by redwood1