Thailand Pass

36 minutes ago, fgmr said:

Why is the Thailand Pass still required after 1st May?

It's to confirm vaccination status, and especially COVID insurance.
What country wants tourists in hospitals due to COVID, half of them with no health insurance?

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just my luck, applied for and received my Thaipass (vaccinated) for a May 17th arrival not 3 days before the change starting May 1st was announced. I assume I can cancel the SH+ hotel and the PCR test to get a refund but have not seen that previously granted Thaipass are able to do that.  Anybody think there might be a disqualification of my Thaipass if I do that?  Thanks in advance as always.

13 hours ago, ThLT said:

It's to confirm vaccination status, and especially COVID insurance.
What country wants tourists in hospitals due to COVID, half of them with no health insurance?

Sounds so logical the way you put it, but many are being scammed on expensive insurance and worse still, being landed with huge hospital bills purely on suspicion of them having the virus. If the insurance companies aren't given definite proof of Covid, they simply refuse to pay out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Sounds so logical the way you put it, but many are being scammed on expensive insurance and worse still, being landed with huge hospital bills purely on suspicion of them having the virus. If the insurance companies aren't given definite proof of Covid, they simply refuse to pay out.

Even if what you say were true, it's even more of a reason to have insurance.

I don't know where you got the "not given definitive proof of COVID by doctors/hospitals," and "being quarantined just on suspicion of someone having the virus" (sounds a bit unrealistic). A PCR is extremely simple, inexpensive and also the minimum for someone to be quarantined. Why would they quarantine, or give medical care to someone, and not give a PCR test? Makes no sense. And the hospital has more interest in the tourist having insurance money, than not, and not being able to pay. 

Edited by ThLT

The Thai Pass is unnecessary waste of time.  Why not just make travel insurance mandatory for all tourists and a fully vaccinated document ?  The Thai government have been complaining for years about tourists leaving bills unpaid in hospitals. The insurance problem solved. Most international insurance companies are way better than the Thai ones and very affordable. 
seems everything this government does is badly managed. Money talks not intelligence. Though in this case seems like they are losing out on billions Baht.