US cannabis firm to light up Thai weed scene

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Their Herbidus Medical Center opened March 7 along Bangkok’s main Sukhumvit Road, which is lined with restaurants, hotels, massage parlors, sex bars and extravagant shopping malls amid exotic sleaze and 5-star venues.

Great quality tourism encouraged.

Back in the early 70's you could buy a repackaged pack of Falling Rain cigarettes.   Families would knock out the tobacco and reload with buddha sticks (as they were called back then).  20 in a pack for a few dollars.  Knock your socks off!

download.jpg

Rediculous headline with misleading inference. This article has nothing to do with lighting up a doobie. If the story was about total decrimilisation then it would certainly be good news.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

Well, some 60+ years ago already the Americans lent a helpful hand to Indochinese "medicine". Remember the Air America services rendered to the poppy culture which later on turned out to be CIA's involvement in the non-existing Secret War? 

Are we seeing the beginning of an Encore now on a different level? It remains a fact, that the US has lost most of its grip here in this part of the world, partly due to their own behaviour, partly due to the "friendly assistance" rendered by the big red brethren in the North!  

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand's marijuana laws are as foggy and confusing as most of their laws and rules and good luck for the new company as there are already several Thai clinics who do exactly  what they trying to do...

I don't think it's confusing at all Firstly MARIJUANA will never be made legal as a recreational drug, second you can only grow HEMP !! at 0.2% THC and even then the flowers have to be sold to the Government you are left with useless leaves and stalks only fit for rope or fabric.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

No thread on cannabis is complete without someone, with socks or not, waxing poetic about "thai sticks" from 50 years ago? With, at best, a THC content ~ 10%. 

That, and the pearl-clutchers moaning on about increase road accidents/deaths.

This is the problem a lot of posters have no idea about the difference between Marijuana and Hemp. I don't even think Anutin does either. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

“I hope that Thailand becomes the Silicon Valley of cannabis for Asia,” the clinic’s Thai partner Julpas Kruesopon

Anutin maintains it's for medicinal use only, yet all these other "businesses" are jumping on the alternatives like tea, cakes, cookies, and god knows what else which are all useless.

But the gullible will be taken in.

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, some 60+ years ago already the Americans lent a helpful hand to Indochinese "medicine". Remember the Air America services rendered to the poppy culture which later on turned out to be CIA's involvement in the non-existing Secret War? 

Are we seeing the beginning of an Encore now on a different level? It remains a fact, that the US has lost most of its grip here in this part of the world, partly due to their own behaviour, partly due to the "friendly assistance" rendered by the big red brethren in the North!  

Stop believing everything you read...it's a feces show and we all know it.

2 hours ago, JimboB4 said:

I just want to say I told you all this was slowly happening within the next 3 years 3 years ago. It’ll be even faster than I thought because of the loss of tourism and changes in what attracts tourists. 

Cool.

Now do something useful and give us the winning lottery numbers.

• Sad 1

Some people who got in the US cannabis industry early made lots of money.   I heard big bucks took it over from the small fry. 

I'm not a user (I did'nt inhale ).   Maybe the World would be a more peaceful place if there were a few billion users.  But I think GDP and the government coffers and wall Street as well as main street profits would go down.   I see many people don't understand this natural plant and that all the fake public service ads over the years has had it's intended effects on  you.   Funny how you folks can talk about grabbing a pint, tieing one on with negative health ramifications (like a recent thread) and all is honky dory.  We constantly read drunk man does this (insert violent act) and it's so common we rarely here talk about an alcohol ban.  But we all know the World would be better sans booze.   Instead the vocal majority  complain about the bars closing early and the 2-5 ban.   

Would I rather spend some time around  an  edible eating guy, a  cig or pot smoker, or steroid user  or drunk?  That's an easy choice for me the edible guy. 

I should also point this out,  there are thousands of strains just like wine.  It is a highly scientific field and lots of genetics going on.  I've tried edibles a few times and vastly different effects.  One time it was really good.  The cost  per dose seems comparable to home drinking.  

I think some studies have shown it doesn't impair driving but the way it usually make my mind work overtime and the paranoia I would not drive.   I think the paranoid feeling is because it's not legal in my state but most neighboring states it's legal. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand's marijuana laws are as foggy and confusing as most of their laws and rules and good luck for the new company as there are already several Thai clinics who do exactly  what they trying to do...

Have you tried there Lame products, Disgraceful