US cannabis firm to light up Thai weed scene

webfact

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

I sincerely doubt that there are enough gullible Thais (and certainly not foreigners) to be taken in by this.  Most of the places that tried jumping on the bandwagon of useless “cannabis” products have long since gone out of business or discontinued selling it.  How many boutique cannabis tea shops can the economy support?  

Medical cannabis?  CBD  Lotions etc?  Can already order them online from numerous places.  Why come to Thailand for it?  That would be like coming to Thailand to buy a band-aid ???? 

China already has the market cornered when it comes to CBD too.  You can buy CBD isolate for ฿3 (or less) per gram off Alibaba.  How will Thailand compete with that?

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=CBD

Even places like Pizza Company with their “crazy happy pizza” (lol…who comes up with these names?) has this to say about it…

Crazy Happy Pizza has been available at all of The Pizza Company’s branches in Thailand, but sales have been lackluster, according to Panusak.”

“He estimates that when the company ends its sales promotion on Tuesday, it will have to throw away about a fifth of the cannabis leaves it acquired.“

“I don’t think the market is ready for cannabis products yet. We knew this since the beginning,” said Panusak”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/food/2021/11/29/thai-chains-cannabis-pizza-trendy-but-wont-get-you-high/

Note to those in charge….

People don’t want cannabis….they want to get HIGH.  Anything else will be a huge (and laughable) failure.  And no….they don’t want “Thai stick”.  Might as well stay home and smoke “Mexi Brick Weed”  Somebody needs to educate TPTB on the word “schwag”.

The only way they can get the ball rolling is to

1. Legalize it completely.

2.  Import the bud from growers in the west.

3.  Make money selling bamboo bongs.

Amen

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thais love a new "fad" and there are enough gullible to buy products.

Lisa eats pork balls.. sales go up

Lisa wears a certain outfit, thousands go out to buy copies

A rapper eats mango and sticky rice, sales boom...

enterprises will open up sales in many ways to make a fast buck [baht] and cash-in on novelty products.

90% will close after 6 months and investment down the drain.

10% will work-out a niche market and continue.

Anutins promise of salvation for the nation.... personal hype and certainly fake news.

True…Thai people certainly do like their fads.  But from what I’ve seen, the cannabis infused/garnished food and drink has already come and gone.

If the rapper in Coachella (don’t know her name, sorry) had hit up one of the hundreds of dispensaries in the Palm Springs and surrounding areas, gurgled down a few bong rips of kind bud, and then told her fans “WOW! This stuff is great!” It would start a fad that would have far more repeat customers.  

Of course, the alcoholic beverage industry wouldn’t like that very much.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, that's actually your "answer" that is just an assertion with no basis in fact.

Thanks so much for splitting that hair.

It adds loads of information to the topic.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

True…Thai people certainly do like their fads.  But from what I’ve seen, the cannabis infused/garnished food and drink has already come and gone.

Maybe they understood there's nothing inside, that gets you any benefit (CBD or THC).

Just terpenes which is a clever marketing move, that has probably failed.

Who orders a hemp tea in Europe or the US, for what?

People want flowers or extracts with high CBD or THC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:
On 4/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, that's actually your "answer" that is just an assertion with no basis in fact.

Thanks so much for splitting that hair.

It adds loads of information to the topic.

Not splitting hairs, nor trying to "add information to the topic, I was just making an accurate observation on your comment that you can't back up with facts.  

• Sad 1

On 4/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, brianthainess said:
On 4/26/2022 at 1:44 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you cannot but what made you think that you can?

I was responding to someone else's as that is what they said. try reading the post i replied to.

I was responding to Anna Rak who made that comment, not you.  Try reading the post I replied to.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not splitting hairs, nor trying to "add information to the topic, I was just making an accurate observation on your comment that you can't back up with facts.  

Well done. I praise your perspicaciouness. You da man! , great comment, etc.

We done here now?

• Haha 1

Saw a couple of thai articles...

https://pr.moph.go.th/?url=pr%2Fdetail%2F2%2F04%2F172134%2F&fbclid=IwAR3BY095AQRsM444wQLgSuWkUg1RSwCKuknvjkF4yBnrPzgcqPY5c1Reo4o

https://www.posttoday.com/social/general/678630?fbclid=IwAR2sob-L3NCHKNM345PSQEz3kz7tPNRJ8qxlEByjqKe96BRvy0kkwMSmA3o

re: the authorities selecting THC testing methodology, for humans not the plants, using both human hair (ugh) and urine. They're looking for accurate test kits which can measure very small amounts.

The hair thing is alarming as that can measure usage up to 90 days previous. (Insert shaved head foreigner jokes here. Use their ear hair, probably longer anyway.)

No mention of blood or saliva testing methods, yet.

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

You need to get a touch of reality

"with the increase road accident rate". Total BS.

I am in touch with reality, just not in touch with fake news reality where I see/read in the media concerning how cannabis 'supposedly' cause's more road accidents. More total BS.

There are more accidents ( and deaths ) caused by alcohol and prescription drugs than caused by cannabis.   

What the Thai government are allowing you to grow would not get an ant bent out of shape let alone cause more road accidents.  I'd suggest your 'reality' needs a slight adjustment, away from trash media reports.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wagga said:

I am in touch with reality, just not in touch with fake news reality where I see/read in the media concerning how cannabis 'supposedly' cause's more road accidents. More total BS.

There are more accidents ( and deaths ) caused by alcohol and prescription drugs than caused by cannabis.   

What the Thai government are allowing you to grow would not get an ant bent out of shape let alone cause more road accidents.  I'd suggest your 'reality' needs a slight adjustment, away from trash media reports.

People out of touch with reality always say they are very much in touch. Do you really belive that people smoking weed is not going to have an impact on the numbers killed on the roads? Are these people suddenly going to say "I have smoked weed so I wont drive until the effects have totally disappeared". If you truly believe that then I would suggest you are dilutional.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

People out of touch with reality always say they are very much in touch. Do you really belive that people smoking weed is not going to have an impact on the numbers killed on the roads? Are these people suddenly going to say "I have smoked weed so I wont drive until the effects have totally disappeared". If you truly believe that then I would suggest you are dilutional.

Totally stupid response

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 2:55 AM, webfact said:

A Las Vegas-based cannabis company has become the first foreign franchise to jointly open a medical marijuana clinic in Thailand, treating Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, cancer, eating disorders and insomnia in Bangkok’s flashy tourist zone.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does medical marijuana help in the treatment of the above?

On 5/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, Photoguy21 said:

Said the ignorant man

Well, you show me some hard facts that 420 causes more accidents on the roads than alcohol and I will gladly stand corrected and change my opinion on the subject. And to say that the "hemp" that the Thai government is going to allow you to grow will be the cause of more road accidents is just pure ignorance of the first degree. Get your facts straight and stop trying to be an arm-chair expert with your false news and idea's.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 2:29 PM, Wagga said:

You think they will drive better when they are high on weed? Really? What planet do you come from? Thailand is already a country with the 2nd highest road deaths which does not include persons dying in hospital as a result of a road crash, yet you think smoking weed will increase the safety? Man you must be high on it already.

• Confused 1

On 5/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, Photoguy21 said:

" You think they will drive better when they are high on weed? Really? What planet do you come from?"

"yet you think smoking weed will increase the safety? Man you must be high on it already."

#1.. I didn't say they will drive better "when they are high on weed?". That is your armchair statement. 

And......I said absolutely nothing about smoking grass will increase road safety.

What I said was  "you show me some hard facts that 420 causes more accidents on the roads than alcohol and prescription drugs ('and just plain stupid people who should never have been issued with a license to drive a motor vehicle on public roads') and I will gladly stand corrected and change my opinion on the subject"

You seem determined to try and (unsuccessfully I might add) justify your uneducated (on the subject being discussed) arm chair expert opinion.  ????

• Like 1