US cannabis firm to light up Thai weed scene

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“I hope that Thailand becomes the Silicon Valley of cannabis for Asia,” the clinic’s Thai partner Julpas Kruesopon – “or as most people in Thailand call me now, ‘Mister Weed,'” said in an interview.

Still in the gutter, just changing feet.

48 minutes ago, tonysilly said:

So much for trying to bring in Rich High Soo people to help the economy. Rich people Love Ganja Bars and Happy Shakes! 

The rich and famous will be queuing up to by marijuana cookies to take home to friends as souvenirs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Their Herbidus Medical Center opened March 7 along Bangkok’s main Sukhumvit Road

Trendy Building Sukhumvit Soi 13.

Their press release...

AUDACIOUS Opens Medical Cannabis Clinic in Southeast Asia, Expanding Global Footprint into Thai Medical Cannabis Market

LAS VEGAS, March 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ - Just as the dynamic Thai medical cannabis market begins to blossom, AUDACIOUS and Thai-based partner Golden Triangle Health have partnered to open the first Herbidus Medical Center in Bangkok, which is also the first medical cannabis clinic in Southeast Asia supported by a U.S. Multi-State Operator (MSO).

Herbidus is among the first clinics in Asia that can prescribe cannabis for medical treatments in compliance with the law. It uses medicine approved by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization and is staffed by doctors that follow global standards for use of cannabis in patient treatment.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/audacious-opens-medical-cannabis-clinic-in-southeast-asia-expanding-global-footprint-into-thai-medical-cannabis-market-301506449.html

from the article...quite the tangled web.

An Audacious move

Australis Capital Inc (CSE: AUSA) (OTC: AUSAF) – doing business as Audacious – partnered with Thailand-based NR Instant Produce, which manufacturers and distributes food, plus its subsidiary Golden Triangle Health, co-founded by Julpas.

“Sleep disorder seems to be the number one issue that people are coming to our clinic,” said Julpas.

Good play on "Sleep disorder".

AFAIK, cannabinoids are NOT prescribed for sleep disorders here.

Golden Triangle Group: https://www.gtg.co.th/

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

So you can smoke weed but not E-Cigs, go figure ????

AFAIK, No, you cannot, smoke weed, that is.

Again, AFAIK only GPO distributed oils are legal. These are sublingual and are not smoked.

from the article...

“We have a THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) oil and a CBD (cannabidiol) oil that we partner up with the Government Pharmaceutical Organization of Thailand. So it’s legal, but most importantly, it’s clean.”

The clinic’s doctors examine patients and usually give them a very tiny eyedropper bottle containing liquid CBD-dominant, with 0.2% THC, oil.

“All of that, we charge 1,000 baht [US$30]. We buy [the bottled oil] from the government – 450 baht [$14],” said Julpas.

“Each customer that comes in, per ticket that we’re getting, is around $125 before they walk out,” with a slew of other made-in-Thailand lotions and potions on sale in glass display cabinets.

No doubt soon to be part of the "Sorry the Grand Palace is closed today" gem shop/suit tailor tuk-tuk "experience"?

but this "nugget" is interesting

“And we’re bringing Audacious products in. The profit margin on the gummies is around 60%. Logistically it’s the easiest thing to bring into Thailand. It’s light. There’s no refrigerator.”

Not sure what's up with these gummies - best not smoked? Others are peddling terpene gummies here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In USA some states allow legal recreational weed, some only medicinal.  Anything being imported from abroad has to go through Uncle Sam, it's not a state thing. 

Weed is still illegal federally.  IMO that will not change soon, in fact app. 4 years ago the US Attorney General at the time was working to reverse the legalization at state level.  Fortunately he was fired.

This fellow has high hopes.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

AFAIK, No, you cannot, smoke weed, that is.

Again, AFAIK only GPO distributed oils are legal. These are sublingual and are not smoked.

from the article...

“We have a THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) oil and a CBD (cannabidiol) oil that we partner up with the Government Pharmaceutical Organization of Thailand. So it’s legal, but most importantly, it’s clean.”

The clinic’s doctors examine patients and usually give them a very tiny eyedropper bottle containing liquid CBD-dominant, with 0.2% THC, oil.

“All of that, we charge 1,000 baht [US$30]. We buy [the bottled oil] from the government – 450 baht [$14],” said Julpas.

“Each customer that comes in, per ticket that we’re getting, is around $125 before they walk out,” with a slew of other made-in-Thailand lotions and potions on sale in glass display cabinets.

No doubt soon to be part of the "Sorry the Grand Palace is closed today" gem shop/suit tailor tuk-tuk "experience"?

but this "nugget" is interesting

“And we’re bringing Audacious products in. The profit margin on the gummies is around 60%. Logistically it’s the easiest thing to bring into Thailand. It’s light. There’s no refrigerator.”

Not sure what's up with these gummies - best not smoked? Others are peddling terpene gummies here.

THC oil can, in fact, be smoked. An acquaintance from far far away told me long long ago.

Smoking CBD oil would of course be pointless.

59 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

THC oil can, in fact, be smoked.

Yes, of course. Anything can be "smoked".

I was referring to the GPO oils, which are taken orally, under the tongue. Could you smoke them? Sure, I guess. (I think these GPO sublingual oils are vegetable or olive oil based.)

Yes, we all know there are dozens of cannabinoid extracts (hash, wax, crumble, butter, shatter, dabs, oil,,,,), for both THC and CBD. And many can be smoked, with the right rig.

Just now, sambum said:

E-cigs are normally smoked by people trying to quit i.e. Medicinal purposes! ???? 

So you are suggesting that the MoPH initiate a smoking-cessation program which involves vaping?

That might work here with strict controls: Doctor/hospital administration, a 'license' for the user, can only vape in certain spaces.

Sounds like a committee should be formed to study your "idea".

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2022 at 9:41 AM, mtls2005 said:

So you are suggesting that the MoPH initiate a smoking-cessation program which involves vaping?

That might work here with strict controls: Doctor/hospital administration, a 'license' for the user, can only vape in certain spaces.

Sounds like a committee should be formed to study your "idea".

"So you are suggesting that the MoPH initiate a smoking-cessation program which involves vaping?"

I wasn't, so you can take the credit for the idea, which by the way is not the worst one I've heard!i