Non immigrant O visa based upon parenting of thai children

Hi,

I'm married to a thai but she has decided to leave me for a richer man. I'm currently in France and coming back with my 2 daughters because I got a job in Thailand.

My ex wife didn't want to help me for the marriage visa but after negotiation she said that she agree. I would do the non o visa based upon marriage with 400k in bank.

If ever she decided to change her mind would it be possible to get the same type of visa based upon parenting of my 2 daughters?

10 hours ago, Lolothai said:

If ever she decided to change her mind would it be possible to get the same type of visa based upon parenting of my 2 daughters?

You apply for the non-o visa and one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You will need at least joint custody of your children.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lolothai said:

You should choose parent of Thai child.

Extension marriage will open can of worms 

As @brianthainess asked...

Clearly you are under 50 as extension based on retirement would be best option. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for the non-o visa and one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You will need at least joint custody of your children.

How to get joint custody? is it only if we divorce?

21 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

How to get joint custody? is it only if we divorce?

It would be the way to do it if you get divorced. If not divorced you could still get the extension based upon marriage.

I'm trying to find an alternative where I don't need the mother, she is a bit crazy and unstable, it's very stressful. She said she is ok for the visa marriage but she is very lazy and <deleted> by doing anything.

I also have problem to find school for the kids as I will need her to make the transfer from their old school.

What about a business visa? I would have to leave the country? and how difficult it would be now with covid restriction?

Sorry to hijack—may have asked before—but is there an age limit; say if they’re over 18 and not in school? Are they classed as minors up to 20, such as when renewing passport? Toying with this visa or retirement, though understand latter is said to be easier. 

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Sorry to hijack—may have asked before—but is there an age limit; say if they’re over 18 and not in school? Are they classed as minors up to 20, such as when renewing passport? Toying with this visa or retirement, though understand latter is said to be easier. 

There is not age limit in the immigration order for being the parent of a Thai. Some office have said the age of 20 is the limit but that is not correct according to the rules.

There is also a line in the immigration order for a parent that is over 50 to be taken care of by their child.

• Like 1