Are 65yr and overs now facing a large insurance cost just to return after many years living there?

22 hours ago, spambot said:

The quotations (age 65) are all around £1,000. The cost seems excessive in addition to the amount I usually pay for Thailand visits.

Thailand Pass entry insurance (Covid) - the quote is still for equivalent to $20,000 - 1 to 74 years of age...

90 days THB 8,397
180 days THB 16,794

Link to Luma Insurance HERE.

13 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Their on line application is fast and simple with both policy and entry certificate back to me within a few hours.

I just checked out their website. It says 'there is a 14-day waiting period for the policy, or a test needs to be taken' (not the exact words). - So, did you have to register for a policy, and then wait for two weeks?

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They stopped offering more than 30 day coverage, and increased their rate to 20,000 THB. (hardly an option).

TR/Exempt Entry

To simply enter under a TR / Exempt visa any of the listed policies here would be fine:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance (select 65+)

The go-to cheapest option is WorldTrips, or FWD (both approve within 30 minutes).

OA/STV Visa

If you need a policy for your OA/STV visa which satisfies both the Thailand Pass requirements, as well as the visa requirements you should pick the 100,000 USD plan by Tune Protect Here (select 90 days or 1 year).

OR

If your intention is a 1 year multiple entry visa then we would advise just entering under TR/Exempt with any of the low cost insurance options, and then obtain your Retirement Visa once you arrive in Thailand.

If this is something you are interested in you can message our team via @LINE.

37 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

They stopped offering more than 30 day coverage, and increased their rate to 20,000 THB. (hardly an option).

TR/Exempt Entry

To simply enter under a TR / Exempt visa any of the listed policies here would be fine:

The go-to cheapest option is WorldTrips, or FWD (both approve within 30 minutes).

OA/STV Visa

If you need a policy for your OA/STV visa which satisfies both the Thailand Pass requirements, as well as the visa requirements you should pick the 100,000 USD plan by Tune Protect Here (select 90 days or 1 year).

OR

If your intention is a 1 year multiple entry visa then we would advise just entering under TR/Exempt with any of the low cost insurance options, and then obtain your Retirement Visa once you arrive in Thailand.

I've been searching Aseannow for info on the OA insurance, and who might offer the best deal.

Searches produced nothing, but I know there are threads there.

This quoted post got me excited, until I checked the TGIA OA page, and Tune Protect isnt on it.

Other suggestions most welcome.

8 minutes ago, oznomad said:

I've been searching Aseannow for info on the OA insurance, and who might offer the best deal.

Searches produced nothing, but I know there are threads there.

This quoted post got me excited, until I checked the TGIA OA page, and Tune Protect isnt on it.

Other suggestions most welcome.

You can use the Tune Protect 100K USD policy for OA/STV.

That page is outdated, and you can also confirm this by contacting Tune.

You also can grab this one 

https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-17-10.html (offline application)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Thailand Pass added Land Border requirements a few weeks ago and these are open for people coming in to Thailand.  Going to Laos is a hassle (group tours only) but entering Thailand from there sounds easy enough (old Test and Go or ASQ rules).  Haven't heard anything about Malaysian crossings.

image.png.fcaeefdc8806a776e0d1e245aebac6e2.png

As far as I have seen nobody has done a land border crossing yet.

Do you have a report of anyone who has entered by land? Apart from locals.

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do you have a report of anyone who has entered by land?

I can recall one from Laos that was done by a person that had been staying in Laos for some time. He did the test and go in Nong Khai.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I checked out the site and yes they do insure to 99, but when I filled out the form (no mention of age). The would only insure for 30 days at 11,000. I got an answer back from Ekta. They said the online is up to the age of 85, but would make a coverage over that by calling them. The online $50,000 with Covid cover for me, 90 days came to under 6000 baht (I'm 75)--- It does seem a bit too cheap to be true!?!. Some else check it out please

https://ektatraveling.com/

13 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I checked out the site and yes they do insure to 99, but when I filled out the form (no mention of age). The would only insure for 30 days at 11,000. I got an answer back from Ekta. They said the online is up to the age of 85, but would make a coverage over that by calling them. The online $50,000 with Covid cover for me, 90 days came to under 6000 baht (I'm 75)--- It does seem a bit too cheap to be true!?!. Some else check it out please

https://ektatraveling.com/

If your requirement is to have COVID cover to travel then no it’s not too cheap, there are less expensive options

E9972630-9E42-426A-BB3D-F903875CEC8C.jpeg.25b7f871d20203653fc35252bf937bea.jpeg

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I can recall one from Laos that was done by a person that had been staying in Laos for some time. He did the test and go in Nong Khai.

So it is likely that there is at least one land border open, or semi-open.

Is there any public announcement that you have seen?

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Is there any public announcement that you have seen?

Yes

The opening of the bridge at Nong Khai was the first one but you have to enter Laos with tour group. 

There are some crossings to Malaysia open but I have not seen the requirements to enter there for those that are not Thai.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

TR/Exempt Entry

OA/STV Visa

OR

Just for ultra clarity in the currently changing situation as it stands when i return to Thailand from the UK in June on an O visa (retirement) with a 1 year extension (Expires Oct 22) my only requirements to get the Thailand Pass and entry into Thailand are 30 days covid insurance $10k+, proof of vaccination and flight details from UK to Bangkok (No return or onward flight required) have i missed anything ?  TIA

Just an additional thought is the Mor prom app required for re entry to Thailand ? i had the Thailand plus app when i arrived last year but it hasn't worked for ages 

Edited by LoeiI
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Just for ultra clarity in the currently changing situation as it stands when i return to Thailand from the UK in June on an O visa (retirement) with a 1 year extension (Expires Oct 22) my only requirements to get the Thailand Pass and entry into Thailand are 30 days covid insurance $10k+, proof of vaccination and flight details from UK to Bangkok (No return or onward flight required) have i missed anything ?  TIA

Just an additional thought is the Mor prom app required for re entry to Thailand ? i had the Thailand plus app when i arrived last year but it hasn't worked for ages 

You will not need an onward flight if you already have a NON-O visa.

You should not have any issued obtaining your Thailand Pass with policy which meets the requirements (30k+). (the duration requirement over 30 days has not been enforced)

The Mor Prom is not required, also these application requirements were not enforced upon arrival, so it's hard to know what will happen with the Mor Prom / Morchana apps. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You can use the Tune Protect 100K USD policy for OA/STV.

That page is outdated, and you can also confirm this by contacting Tune.

You also can grab this one 

https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-17-10.html (offline application)

Thanks, but.........

A couple of points.

1. The Tune Protect policy in question is really a policy from another company, ACS.

2. I emailed TGIA today, for an up to date list. Neither Tune nor ACS appear on that list.

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/companies_contact_list202203.pdf

Still looking.

7 minutes ago, oznomad said:

2. I emailed TGIA today, for an up to date list. Neither Tune nor ACS appear on that list.

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/companies_contact_list202203.pdf

That is the list for insurance for a Non-OA visa application or the extension or a entry from one.

There is no list for covid 19 insurance. See: https://covid19.tgia.org/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You will not need an onward flight if you already have a NON-O visa.

You should not have any issued obtaining your Thailand Pass with policy which meets the requirements (30k+). (the duration requirement over 30 days has not been enforced)

The Mor Prom is not required, also these application requirements were not enforced upon arrival, so it's hard to know what will happen with the Mor Prom / Morchana apps. 

Just to be clear - Are you saying that entry into Thailand with an existing Non-O Visa - The period of insurance required is 30days only?

I am slightly confused by this. I thought the insurance was only required for application for a Thailand Pass, but was not required for inspection at immigration entry to Thailand - Am I incorrect in thinking this? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the list for insurance for a Non-OA visa application or the extension or a entry from one.

There is no list for covid 19 insurance. See: https://covid19.tgia.org/

This does not look updated at all.

They are pushing 11,000 THB insurance plans

image.png.ec3850ee5f63df83bae9190ff438bab0.png

This is almost 400% more expensive than the AXA policy (which is the most expensive out of the 8 insurers we compare)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It is a gray area.

Thailand Pass does not know the duration of your visa, and insurance is not required for non-o (just to enter thailand).

But they way they have worded it would mean that it would need to cover the term of your visa, however we have never seen this rule actually enforced, and many have been able to just apply for a 30 day plan.

Thanks for that response - Is the insurance only required for an application to obtain a Thailand Pass - Or is it also required for inspection at immigration on entry to Thailand?

If on a Multi entry tourist visa - After 60 days must leave - On re-entry what is examined by immigration a) The Thailand pass or b). Insurance to cover the next 60 days or c) Both?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spambot said:

Thanks for that response - Is the insurance only required for an application to obtain a Thailand Pass - Or is it also required for inspection at immigration on entry to Thailand?

If on a Multi entry tourist visa - After 60 days must leave - On re-entry what is examined by immigration a) The Thailand pass or b). Insurance to cover the next 60 days or c) Both?

Immigration pay not attention to the Insurance document. 

They just look at the Thai Pass and then stamp you in as normal. 

It is the earlier MoPH checks that look at your Insurance documents - 30 days is sufficient.

There is a link on the Thailand Pass website - I think its 650 baht for a month for someone up to 80 years old. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It is the earlier MoPH checks that look at your Insurance documents - 30 days is sufficient.

There is a link on the Thailand Pass website - I think its 650 baht for a month for someone up to 80 years old. 

Perfect response - Thanks!

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I am guessing then - That if you get 30 days insurance for the Thailand pass - Then make an application for the Multi Entry Tourist Visa the only danger is with the Embassy (London) not issuing the Multi Entry Tourist Visa, because a period of 30 days insurance is insufficient. 

10 hours ago, spambot said:

I am guessing then - That if you get 30 days insurance for the Thailand pass - Then make an application for the Multi Entry Tourist Visa the only danger is with the Embassy (London) not issuing the Multi Entry Tourist Visa, because a period of 30 days insurance is insufficient. 

Covid 19 insurance is not a requirement for a METV application online as far as I know (check https://thaievisa.go.th/ ).

The London embassy website has no useable info about it.  This embassy that uses the e visa site has a list here. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

9 minutes ago, oznomad said:

Correct. As mentioned, OA insurance is what I seek.

It gets confusing since the discussion is mostly about the covid 19 insurance needed for a Thailand Pass.

For Non-OA visa or the extension of a entry one can only be purchased from certain Thai companies.

Foreign insurance can be used for a OA visa application you can get a foreign insurance certificate signed. https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 insurance is not a requirement for a METV application online as far as I know (check https://thaievisa.go.th/ ).

The London embassy website has no useable info about it.  This embassy that uses the e visa site has a list here. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

Ohhh Blimey - I completely misunderstood the Thailand Pass - I thought I needed this in order to apply for a tourist visa, but I think what you are saying is the Thailand pass is not a requirement for a STV or METV application - Rather this is only required by the airline and immigration when entering Thailand - Twelve years in Thailand and I still get confused about Thailand methods - Thanks Joe

On 4/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, CharlieH said:

I thought I read somewhere recently the Covid Insurance has been dropped to $10k starting May 1st.

I also recently read that. And found inexpensive SARS-2 CoV-19 insurance cover. Including for those over 80 years of age.

EG: Eighty years of age; USD$20,000.00 and 180 days of coverage; Premium THB฿2,750.00. (URL: asq dot in dot th)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This will be an interesting topic for me. I just turned 65, just started Medicare A and B, and I got a Human Advantage plan to cover costs and Drugs, etc.  I know using Medicare in Thailand is just about not possible, give or take some emergency treatment situations.  If I go the route of getting O or OA visa, it will be interesting as the details and COVID stuff settles out.  Frankly, given the no more income affidavit letters from the USA embassy, I may just go the route of getting the standard 60 day SETV visa, extending it 30 days. Do this twice a year for a total of 90 + 90 or 180 days total time in Thailand.  Less paper work, no need to do 90 day reporting since each trip would be less than 90 days, and the trips would not be consecutive trips.  I punch out of work at the end of this year.  I wanted to do it two years ago, but COVID was a mess so I kept working.  So ready for trip number 16!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just got a response from Thai Embassy London:

"Thank you for your email. Tourist multiple do not ask for insurance "