Thailand’s Tourism Authority to focus on attracting potential tourists from European countries to Koh Samui after ‘Test&Go’ cancellation

webfact

More talk for TAT !  It seems they must get paid by how much rubbish they talk ! Are there any planes flying from other countries into Thailand now ? Not much choice coming from Perth. No Thai Airways. No planes means no tourists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

What happens to the Indians? ????

There was an Indian and his wife were drowned in 5 feet pool so Indians know where not to go. So it left only innocent Europeans who has dollas to be fleeced!! 

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/06/thai-indian-tycoon-and-wife-die-on-ko-tao/

Edited by RandiRona

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Would we have more than...er... one airline to choose from to get us to Samui?

Pre Covid, there were at least six airlines flying to Samui.

Even Thai Airways used to fly to Samui until it decided that it could save money by co-sharing with Bangkok Airways.

Now, there are currently two airlines flying to Samui.

It all depends where you are flying from.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cheapcanuck said:

I can fly from Bangkok to Surat Thani Airport and take a bus/ferry to Koh Samui for under 1300 baht. Which will take me approximately 3.5 hours. A direct flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui will cost me 3500-5500 baht, depending on season. 

Both flights take around an hour so they are the same distance in air miles.  The only reason for the difference in price is Koh Samui's airport is controlled by one single airline which gouges tourists on ticket prices and does not allow other airlines to use the airport.

Me being a tourist, I have time to burn, so I am happy to trade 3 hours for 2200-4200 baht everytime. It buy me a lot of the 60-80 baht beers I will be drinking the time I'm enjoying my vacation on the island.

Most tourists fly Long Haul and pay for decent hotels as part of the holiday.

The extra cost of flying with Bangkok Airways to Samui is a "Drop in The Ocean".....

Or is that "Free" with Malaysian Airways and Lion Air???:biggrin:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Back to the future!!!

why not back to the past for T.A.T. and let them do would they can best: Lure in all those rich tourists from China, Russia, India and forget about the rest

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Would we have more than...er... one airline to choose from to get us to Samui?

That's why they are targeting Europeans as they are used to having one option to choose from...like European union...Euro...Ryan airways.....:stoner:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Except that the deaths were not in Koh Samui but in Koh Tao, that they were not tourists but businessmen and owners of the Resort... and Europeans do not use "Dollas" but the decadent Euro... your reply is correct.

Hahaha...that was tongue in cheek...no offence meant.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

There was an Indian and his wife were drowned in 5 feet pool so Indians know where not to go. So it left only innocent Europeans who has dollas to be fleeced!! 

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/06/thai-indian-tycoon-and-wife-die-on-ko-tao/

8 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Except that the deaths were not in Koh Samui but in Koh Tao, that they were not tourists but businessmen and owners of the Resort... and Europeans do not use "Dollas" but the decadent Euro... your reply is correct.

And the pool was more than 5 feet deep! (It was a practice pool for diving lessons.)

OK RR, you can remove your tongue - no offence taken.

7 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Hahaha...that was tongue in cheek...no offence meant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes the wife and myself are thinking of going to Koh Samui 

Probably fly down from Bangkok 

See how the place has  changed must 10 years when we last there 

Flew Bangkok Airways one way then a  ferry to Surat Thani 

Overnight coach back  to Bangkok  

• Like 1

I'm not sure it's such a big deal that prices are proportionately more expensive to fly into and out of Koh Samui than other domestic routes in the Kingdom..............as one poster commented, they prefer to use Surat/Nakorn Si plus ferry and make a significant saving flying from BKK and there is also the Resident card that offers a significant 30% discount for residents, business and property owners, 

https://flyerbonus.bangkokair.com/flyerbonus/type-of-membership/414/

The island is relatively small and can't handle mass tourism, so there's really no need for bucket airline prices and there's also plenty of ferry, train and bus options offering pretty decent tansport network alternatives that has worked well for decades, not forgetting that travel for many tourists is all part of the fun of the holiday experience,  be it a 1 hour plus flight from BKK or an overnight train from the capital...................................................................

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

For Europeans

Yes : Book, Taxi, Check in, fly, collect bags , hotel.

No : Insurance, Thai pass, nonsense arrival hotel desks, testing, everything closed, can't buy a beer, sup string baht

Ah, but this is a Samui thread.

No problem buying a beer here - everywhere and anywhere.

The magic of Samui  ????