Atrocious workmanship

Will B Good

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In your case i would probably be willing to fill the gap in the tile edging and sand it down as this is well within my capabilities and accept that cutting the edging strip in a 3 way plane is not an easy job

The difficulty in doing that is not so much in the sanding and shaping (not that it is so straightforward and should involve diamond polishing/cutting disks on an angle grinder) but in the difficulty of finding or making filler that will look even moderately reasonable.

one thing you can experiment with is using an angle grinder on a scrap piece of trim to produce a big pile of dust you can incorporate into some epoxy and see of that is remotely OK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had guys strangely install see through windows in my bathroom, tile only in the basement, and the sewer pipe found it’s way to my roof.  Open front door, shower of …………

Promotion.  I got free sunglasses from China that lasted 2 hours

• Haha 1

We've now had a few additions and extensions done to our house. I'm getting smarter with each one and anticipating things. Most recent was a an extension to the back with metal stairs to an upper deck. When they finished all the welding and grinding I saw them packing the tools away. So I asked if they're finished. Yes....no your not. I made them follow me with the grinder while I ran my hands over all the metal work feeling for sharp edges and bits of welding slag. First thing they did in the job was lay the concrete floor, then when they did the painting they dripped black paint all over the cement floor. I made them clean it up and put a cement wash over the bad patches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

Wowee, that’s pretty intense! 

I had a disagreement with an SUV on my motorcycle at a traffic light a few years back, it turned in front of me on a green light. 
Fractured skull, brain injury, fractured neck, 2 fractured vertebrae lumbar, punctured lung, ruptured spleen, bruised heart, traumatic hernia, brachial plexus injury and a few other small fractures and lacerations. 4 months in hospital and around 4 years of rehab. 
I lost the use of my left arm, hand and finger function only and I now live with all the associated pain and loss of balance etc

After 29hrs of nerve transfer surgery on my arm and close to 2 years of intense rehab I got some use back, but it’s still a work in progress 

I actually broke the same arm a couple of months ago falling off of a ladder chasing birds out of my carport ceiling haha FML ????

Incredible unfortunate experience. I can't imagine the pain and emotional trauma associated with such injuries. My admiration for coping and climbing a ladder since. Incidentally, your accident is a lesson to those who don't believe in motor insurance and/or health care plans, living from day to day on basic pensions in the belief; 'It'll never happen to me'.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, Will B Good said:

A major underlying problem here is village politics and 'face'.

The builder is my father-in-law's boss in tessaban ...........negotiations are more delicate than in the Middle East.

I would completely ignore all that. Helping weakling idiots save face is not your issue. Face is a horrific thing, and not something we should be obsessed with. 

He needs to face the fact that he is a terrible builder, and a rank amateur, and hire subcontractors who can do higher quality work. 

Don't pay him until he gets it right. Maintaining peace and helping him to save face are NOT your issues. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SymS said:

This is beautifully made, a work of arts compared to what I'm used to. I may even have to ask the phone number of your workman.

I've attached a door replacement job in the place I rent for context...

door-thailand.jpg

That's made me feel much better....555

How the f.... can anyone do something like that?

• Like 1