Atrocious workmanship

Will B Good

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Wouldn't cost a fortune to have the really bad bits done again . Price of a few tiles plus bead edging  less than 1000 baht. Finding somebody to do it more difficult as Thai builders generally don't like taking on small jobs. Easiest thing is to do it yourself. Not difficult . I did ours and it was better than the builders.

Might just do that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But keep in mind that if you do it yourself you have to make it perfect. Because otherwise there is a possibility that somebody will remind you for a long time that you wanted to do it yourself. And look what you did...

Ha....good point.....555

2 choices here, its damn if you do and damn if you don't and in both you lose, either get in their faces and demand the job to be done right, something they obviously can't do anyway, or get others, much more skillfull to do it properly and save face and arguments...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Step back, too much influence and local politics going around there making it almost impossible.

Frankly, they should never have been asked to do the job as complaint was a non starter.

STOP it all, and get new, or wait til its finished and then get a new crew to put it right.

Yes......have stopped them.....too late, but better late than never.

I think it was getting to the point where they were doing things badly on purpose!!!!!

48 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I have no suggestions, but you have my absolute sympathy.  It's looks awful.

I think people just have a completely different idea about what is acceptable or good workmanship in Thailand.  I guess the lack of critical thinking, apathy, aversion to criticism, potential for anyone to blow their top over the slightest perceived insult, etc., lead to very poor workmanship being tolerated.

I don't know how anyone can look at what is in your pictures and think that that is OK.

I hope there is a way that you can fix it and maintain your familial bridges.

If it wasn't fixable, I would be thinking about ways to cover it up.  Some sort of shelf with an overhang, a valance that hangs down and covers the horror, pictures, sachets, towel rails, etc..

Yes....there are other problems.................I am already sorting them into things I will demand are corrected, things I will correct and things I will try to disguise.......it does beggar belief that they thought what they were doing was acceptable.

• Like 2

Looks like they didn't cut the tile trim correctly, either ask them to do it right (preferred choice) or slap in some putty and sand it smooth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1