Russia-Ukraine war continues to impact Thai economy, Ministry of Finance says

webfact

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

To that end what are you doing to help Ukraine ???..... & what would you suggest we all do.

I have cancelled my monthly order of Stolichnaya----yes, its true--no sacrifice is to great..........:violin:

And no more Russian bargirls for me…although things could change…

Now that European countries have begun to order gas from Russia in Rubles, as they obviously don’t want their energy-dependent industries shut down and return to stone age, Thailand can rest assured that its economy will regain support from the influx of Russian tourists later this year as they will start to enjoy the benefits of their strengthening currency.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

If you are a German hater is fine for me you will have your reasons,but seems to me your hate is damaging the part of your brain what is responsible for reasonable logical thinking.Germany is in this situation because they turned/turning off nuclear/coal power plants to turn Germany into a carbon neutral economy

Stupid?Maybe not.Smart?Maybe not,it was a mistake, but at least they do something for the environment.By the way it's 220 Million $ per day.And you don't cut the supply from Russia overnight it needs time,stop ignorant before you blow your biased information into the world

No I am not a German hater... because someone objects to Germany supporting Putin to kill Ukrainians that does not make me a hater. 

Don't you worry about my brain... not your concern, and you do not seem qualified to evaluate it anyhow.

Germany decided burning fossil fuels, like Russian gas and oil, would mean being carbon neutral... do you understand how stupid a statement that is? Nuclear power is a better contender wrt greenhouse gases.. 

My latest check says Russia makes the 1 billion I claimed.

Proceeds from the sale of Russian oil and gas amount to around $1bn (£770m) a day, undermining international efforts to put economic pressure on President Vladimir Putin to end the war.

Source. BBC

Germany may be moving the right way on this, but for now, and the near future, it is blood money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's a good idea.

I would support it.

Please give me some examples how you personally help Ukraine.

Maybe I can do same.

Can't wait to read your reply.????

This is the second time I sent this for people that want to help.

https://donate.savethechildren.org/en/donate/emergency-in-ukraine?gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOWUR2dexRW0o8XbU1mJ8x_xSd202VFaXqdz1TpXk5yTtp2dArx-348aAjVZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

0bviously it's not any answer to my question. I asked precisely what YOU do or did? 

To Copy and paste donation adresses I didn't ask for.

So? ????

21 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

0bviously it's not any answer to my question. I asked precisely what YOU do or did? 

To Copy and paste donation adresses I didn't ask for.

So? ????

This is what I did, but we could always do more ,maybe If Thailand was to take in homeless people from Ukraine we all could so more.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They likely will, to some extent. It is already happening, to a minor degree. It is just a matter of time. Why? Because those nations are moving forward, not backward. 

https://www.policyforum.net/off-cliff-collapse-japanese-investment-thailand/

Panasonic will reorganize its white goods production sites in Southeast Asia, and transfer the production of washing machines and refrigerators in Thailand to Vietnam,” the company said in an statement emailed to Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-panasonic-thailand/japans-panasonic-to-cut-800-jobs-in-thailand-move-some-production-to-vietnam-next-year-idUSKBN22X0R5

Who needs white goods if you have:

Temples

Massage ladies

Bar ladies

Somtum

Durian

Sticky lice

Mango

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No I am not a German hater... because someone objects to Germany supporting Putin to kill Ukrainians that does not make me a hater. 

Don't you worry about my brain... not your concern, and you do not seem qualified to evaluate it anyhow.

Germany decided burning fossil fuels, like Russian gas and oil, would mean being carbon neutral... do you understand how stupid a statement that is? Nuclear power is a better contender wrt greenhouse gases.. 

Proceeds from the sale of Russian oil and gas amount to around $1bn (£770m) a day, undermining international efforts to put economic pressure on President Vladimir Putin to end the war.

Source. BBC

Germany may be moving the right way on this, but for now, and the near future, it is blood money.

Scholz, same softy as Merkel.
Why nobody questions Merkel about her lovely ties to Putin?
Is she hiding again.
Scholz plays exactly the same game.
Hiding, not answering any questions and when he talks, it doesn't make any sense.
Hiding, promising some money and hoping things improve quickly.
Afterwards come out of hiding and play the hero, the European leader.

You will see how quick the germans are jumping the queue when it's to get contracts to rebuild Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is diving against the USD which is the benchmark..... can't blame Thailand for the actions of the UK government, they are spending money they have not got like drunken sailors. 

Ha Ha! Unlike the USA!!

8 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Ha Ha! Unlike the USA!!

Well the flight to quality in times of a feared war seems to  be holding up the mighty dollar! And appears the Bank of Thailand had stopped propping up the baht on the markets, and it is now being allowed to float. It will give Thailand incentive to let the tourists back in quick to rebuild their reserves. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, jacko45k said:

Source. BBC

it is a pity that people and the economy of the state are suffering because of the war. I have friends from Ukraine, and I asked them about the situation in the country because of the war. Prices really increased almost twice, and wages, on the contrary, decreased. I don't even realize how they survive there...And I recently had such an opportunity to write an essay on this topic at the university. But I didn't manage to properly put all my thoughts on paper. Therefore, I decided to purchase an example of this at https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/war/ and it turned out to be the best decision. Only in them, I am sure that my task will  receive the desired grade.

I absolutely agree with you.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, hotchilli said:

Thailand doing what it does best... nothing for the people on the street.

They sit back and hope like hell the tourists come back, foreign countries invest in companies in Thailand.

If the auto industry in Thailand ever shifted they'd have nothing.  

Thailand doing its best ?? Their answer is simply to take a Shovel and dig a hole in the sand, then stick your head in said hole and get a friend to shovel the sand back into the hole covering your head. Wait 3-4 days uncover your head and hey presto everything is ok once more.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:13 AM, jacko45k said:

Source. BBC

Just everyone is looking one side of the story , Putin as a bad guy, but who listen Russian minority in Ukraine for the last 20 years? While Nazi Battalions like Azov were torturing and raping Russians across the Donbass and Lugansk region nobody reacted nobody cared. So what happened? Russian minority to defend themselves had to take the things in their own hands thats how the war started. The second thing is since when Ukraine exists? Since 1918 and again Soviet union took a big chunk of teritory from Poland, Hungary, Romania in counteroffensive against Hitler and thats where Ukraine came from. Just anyone looks Ukraine as victims because of Putin is a "bad guy" but look outside the box and read some history learn the facts and than everyone can come back with words like its blood money. The only reason USA supports Ukraine is because of armour industry which controls the president they werent biggest funders of his campaign for nothing. 

Edited by NB1986
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NB1986 said:

Just everyone is looking one side of the story , Putin as a bad guy, but who listen Russian minority in Ukraine for the last 20 years? While Nazi Battalions like Azov were torturing and raping Russians across the Donbass and Lugansk region nobody reacted nobody cared. So what happened? Russian minority to defend themselves had to take the things in their own hands thats how the war started. The second thing is since when Ukraine exists? Since 1918 and again Soviet union took a big chunk of teritory from Poland, Hungary, Romania in counteroffensive against Hitler and thats where Ukraine came from. Just anyone looks Ukraine as victims because of Putin is a "bad guy" but look outside the box and read some history learn the facts and than everyone can come back with words like its blood money. The only reason USA supports Ukraine is because of armour industry which controls the president they werent biggest funders of his campaign for nothing. 

your in the wrong thread what's this got to do with Thailand's Economy