Experience retirement extension at CW (bank method, NON-O)

Note: following is based on retirement extension based on bank method (>800 k) with originally a NON-O visa (so no health insurance requirements).

Booked on-line for early afternoon appointment earlier this week. Outside the B-building you still have to fill out a 'health' form but the figures collecting it before you enter the building appeared not to be very interested and just put it on the stack. Did did not see anyone send for an ATK-test.

Inside appeared very busy, especially now that the 90-day reporting is back at CW. Went straight to the L32 counter, where inspection of the various forms  (see below) took a long time, every page was scrutinized five times instead of the usual three (?). Looking at a form the IO had there were only eight on-line appointments this day and they appeared to allocate 30 min/applicant (used to be 15 min I think). There was no comment on the forms handed in and ca 25 min after finishing the application I received my passport (and bankbook) with the new stamp. Overall took 50 min from start of actual application to walking out. Things seemed to go quite slow in general, when I left at ca. 14.15 the normal L1-que was only in the mid-fifties and there were loads of people in front of the L-desks.

Handed in:

- Passport (original and copy)

- Updated Bankbook (original and copy)

- Bank letter (same day)

- TM.7 (application form, add tel. number) plus 3 additional forms handed out at the reception (just ask for form TM.7 retirement, they are

stapled together). If you don't have a picture, the copy shops downstairs will give you six for 100 Baht.

- Copy of last 90-day report

- Hand-drawn map of apartment location (was not even looked at, went to the back of the stack)

- 1,900 Baht

So overall not bad but I think it is a good idea to try an on-line booking though choices were very limited when I booked and mainly in the afternoon.

Thanks for clear report.

By copies bank book I'm guessing every page back to date of previous extension.

Bank statements not required? 

With the 90 day report receipt, I'm guessing you volunteered that. 

Should not be required. 

You didn't provide lease? 

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for clear report.

By copies bank book I'm guessing every page back to date of previous extension.
Yes

Bank statements not required? 

This bank provides a separate sheet with activity during the previous three months only (this is of course also shown in your bankbook), but I think this is not required, just makes checking that you maintained your account above 800k in the few months prior to the application easier. Just be careful that transactions are not 'pooled' which sometimes happens if there is an excessive number. 

With the 90 day report receipt, I'm guessing you volunteered that. 

If you do not have this, they will print it themselves. Officially it is not on the list of requirements but they will often check it. Also happened (to me at least) last year.

You didn't provide lease?

No, I hire an apartment and have been there for quite some time so it has appeared in several previous applications. I guess it may depend on your situation (I did have a copy of rental contract but did not show this and was not asked about it). 

thanks for the info.  i've seen a few comments over the last couple months saying an ATK test is required at CW.  i ask those 'reporters' if they are absolutely sure about that and don't get a response.  i know it wasn't required when i went in october but that was a long time ago.

i forgot the picture last time and had to do the 100 baht and was happy to get more than one.  i can't believe they were only in the mid fifties in early afternoon.  in october, i was in the low 100's and was finished by about 3pm.  i saw one guy with 176, he was in for a long wait. 

on the 90 day report, did they ask for that or did you offer it up ?  i've never been asked for a 90 day report when doing the annual extension at CW.  a couple yrs i didn't need to do one as i'd been out of the country every 90 days.  but other years i'd been in country as long as 5 months. 

Edited by buick

On 4/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, buick said:

on the 90 day report, did they ask for that or did you offer it up ? 

They did not ask for it, but they have access to the data on their computer. When I was there last week, they printed out the last 90-day report (for everyone in the L1-que as far as I could make out) and put it at the back of the stack. I think it is some sort of 'internal' requirement. 

On 4/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, buick said:

----  i've seen a few comments over the last couple months saying an ATK test is required at CW. 

No, it is not, nothing on the immigration website either. On the form you fill in in front of the building is a question if you have taken an ATK before coming. Just tick NO. There were about 20 people entering the building before me but not one was stopped. Maybe if someone looks very scruffy and is not vaccinated they will pick him/her out?

When I went to the canteen, some of the booths had a note (in Thai) that the staff takes an ATK every day . 

• Like 1