Non O - 11 week trip

Hi all

I am planning on visiting Thailand for 11 weeks in June til August. I will be traveling with my wife who is a dual Thai British citizen but lives in the UK.

I want to apply for a non o to get 90 days - is this a fairly easy visa to get. It looks quite straightforward but I wouldn't be visit my wife as she is coming with me so would be visiting her family. 

Is our marriage certificate and a letter from her dad saying we can stay enough. Also does the online visa application form give you the opportunity to explain the situation  etc.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

8 minutes ago, nicholasgee99 said:

I want to apply for a non o to get 90 days - is this a fairly easy visa to get. It looks quite straightforward but I wouldn't be visit my wife as she is coming with me so would be visiting her family. 

The non-o visa for you is solely based upon you being married to a Thai. It is not to visit her.

You will a copy of your marriage certificate, copies of you wifes ID card and house book registry to upload on the the e visa website ( https://thaievisa.go.th/ ) when you apply for the non-o visa.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will a copy of your marriage certificate, copies of you wifes ID card and house book registry

If his wife lives in the UK she may not have a Thai house book. 

What then?

19 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

If his wife lives in the UK she may not have a Thai house book. 

What then?

Only a copy of page one and the page she is shown on is needed. If she has a Thai passport then she is certainly registered in a house book.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

The non-o visa for you is solely based upon you being married to a Thai. It is not to visit her.

You will a copy of your marriage certificate, copies of you wifes ID card and house book registry to upload on the the e visa website ( https://thaievisa.go.th/ ) when you apply for the non-o visa.

no house book req for non o marrige single entry from London embassy.  only marrige cert mrs is card and invitation letter

I have gotten these many times except in out case US/Thai dual

What we have had to show is

To visit as a spouse of a Thai nationality,
       - A copy of a valid and effective marriage certificate.
       - A copy of Thai passport /or Thai I.D. of the spouse.
       - A letter from the spouse verifying that the applicant and the spouse are still married and the purpose to visit Thailand.

Also usually our flight info & proof of a small amount of $ in US bank ($700 per person or $1500 per family)

7 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

no house book req for non o marrige single entry from London embassy.  only marrige cert mrs is card and invitation letter

When? I was going by general info for the requirements at many embassies and consulates.

The UK embassy site states this.

"Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption

Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand"

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

What if the family member did not have a Thai passport?

Best to be prepared for anything.

32 minutes ago, mania said:

I have gotten these many times except in out case US/Thai dual

Things do change.

A little different now. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/foreigners_family/

Also much different it you were applying for it at a Honorary Consulate before covid 19.

Hey Guys

Filling out the online visa app and I'm getting this - surely not! 

That's for people looking to stay longer isn't it - but its got a red asterisk next to it.

There's 14 different sections and I'm not sure which ones I need to fill in ????

image.png

This is the one I want so I'm thinking. 

proof of relationship - marriage cert

personal details of a family in Thailand - wife's passport? (although she doesn't live in Thailand)

proof of accommodation - do I actually need to get invitation letter from her dad written up or can she just write a letter saying what we are doing?

financial evidence - normal bank account (not one with 10k in though ????)

confirmation of legal residence in UK - my passport 

image.png.f920ecd1fd2e26d07d27555b5c7180d9.png

Website is making it sound more difficult that it needs to be!

Sorry for asking so many questions. Do you think that her father needs to provide us with an invitation letter or will a letter from my wife detailing our plans suffice. She's trying to get through to the embassy to ask at the moment but not having much luck with that

The e-visa website is beyond a joke... it won't let you submit your documents unless you upload everything including a bank statement showing more than £10,000 which is clearly not required for the type of visa I want. 

We even spoke to the embassy and they confirmed what was required. 

Should I just upload a note saying not required for this visa type to get it submitted - don't want to have it refused though 

14 minutes ago, nicholasgee99 said:

Should I just upload a note saying not required for this visa type to get it submitted - don't want to have it refused though 

Yes. Sounds crazy but it apparently works. Only way to get past these incorrect webforms. There's youtube videos demonstrating exactly this process.

Don't worry about refusal. If you miss some document they will contact by email and you can reply to that.

• Like 1

Hey all

Sent in my application last week. I've received an email asking for proof of residency (that's fine) and all travel records for the last 12 months. The thing is I haven't actually been anywhere for the last couple of years

What's best for this? - every page of passport?