Covid-19 not a thing of the past: experts

snoop1130

cg2a067091651651108046-1651148-3066-2914-1651148326_680x408.jpg

Molnupiravir pills, a Covid-19 drug, are produced at the Boston Vietnam company in Binh Duong. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran

It is not appropriate for Vietnam to declare the Covid-19 pandemic over in the country despite falling numbers of infections and deaths, experts say.

"The number of infections is falling, but this is not enough to declare the pandemic finished," Tran Dac Phu, senior advisor of the Public Health Emergency Operations Center, said Thursday.

Citing current Vietnamese laws and policies, which say that one of the conditions to declare an infectious disease epidemic to be over is the lack of any new infection for 28 days, Phu said.

Full Story: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/covid-19-not-a-thing-of-the-past-experts-4457378.html

vne_international.jpg
-- © Copyright VN Express 2022-04-29

6 minutes ago, FalangKino said:

It's over. Time to move on.

Now if you can produce you medical training certificates in immunology and airborne diseases I might believe you.

Tell that to my 17 year old son and my 14 year old neighbours daughter then. They have just come out of 12 days self isolation after getting Covid.

They are not the only ones up here in rural Thailand who have caught it recently and most of those people are also self isolating.

So for your information, Covid is not finished yet.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:09 PM, billd766 said:

Now if you can produce you medical training certificates in immunology and airborne diseases I might believe you.

Tell that to my 17 year old son and my 14 year old neighbours daughter then. They have just come out of 12 days self isolation after getting Covid.

They are not the only ones up here in rural Thailand who have caught it recently and most of those people are also self isolating.

So for your information, Covid is not finished yet.

And my FIL, the 4 people in the house at the back and the one who couldn't go for a drink the other night cause he's copped for it.

I like to think that we've seen the worst of it, but I've thought that before. 

• Like 1