Plane ticket from a website

Hi,

I bought plane tickets to fly somewhere from expedia com th cheap and fast i also bought seats for my flight, again cheap.

So today was the check in day and... ta ta! The seat i paid for was.. taken by another passanger.

Contacted with someone live chat help from the website. No waiting, really fast. Explained the situation, told me to hold on so he can check, 5-10 min later he said that he cannot see that i paid for the seats.. LOL!!! Well i have the recipe and all. Well, after another 10 min duscussion on the situation it seemed to me its a done deal, no refund and started the same answers, i gave up. Obviously nothing to do.

2000 baht extra for 2 round trip seats are gone.. lesson learned never book seats again.

So just wondering if this happened to anyone else too?

Thanks

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me, but I always buy directly from the airline. In case of cancellation, for example you’re much better off dealing with the airline and not a booking agency.

I also check the options too, ok, price is more, but lots of advantages !!  I fly a lot and I’ve never had a problem. Try and email Expedia and complain. 

I don't agree with you there are thousands of people who booked with airlines or travel agents who can't get refunds for their flight which got cancelled due to Covid

Itinerary # xxxxxxxxxxx635

Airline confirmation: xxx9FK (Air Canada)

I've booked with Expedia dozens of times without a problem. Work related travel

After your payment details are accepted you should receive by e-mail your itinerary # 14 digits

Also confirmation from the airlines involved.

If you didn't get these confirmation numbers you never did have a reservation.

I've found Expedia hard to reach by phone but they will act on a complaint.

In 2020 I got a full refund on 2 one way business class tickets to Canada from Thailand.

At OP - Quite the opposite in fact. I bought tickets from CheapOAir.com but kept clicking "No" every time it prompted me to pay extra to preselect a seat assignment. (between $47-90 each)

When we got to the airport (in BKK) and went to the check-in desk for our boarding passes the lady said; "Oh, and I see you have your seats all reserved..." . ????

2 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I don't agree with you there are thousands of people who booked with airlines or travel agents who can't get refunds for their flight which got cancelled due to Covid

I had an an unprecedented number of plans go awry in 2021 due to cancellations and transit bans. No problem getting full refunds within a few days or a week. Read the fine print. Book only directly with airlines offering fully refundable tickets. Avoid third party sites. Avoid bankrupt carriers. Those cheap tickets on LCC are gamble. 

Why do "travel agents" even exist in 2022? The mind boggles.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thanks 1

Not trying to show off and probably of topic a bit but i'm at an age and financial comfort zone that i have been going business class when ever the fares are right,

many don't even bother to check business class fares you'll be surprise that in more than some cases, for a bit extra you can go business, try it...

Edited by ezzra

5 hours ago, geisha said:

I also check the options too, ok, price is more, but lots of advantages !!  I fly a lot and I’ve never had a problem. Try and email Expedia and complain. 

I found it's better to buy from airlines directly for regional airlines - like Air Asia, Bangkok Air, or Ryan Air, Aegean Airlines in (Europe), etc. And for international airlines, I Prefer the big online resellers like Expedia, Orbitz, etc.