Alleged 7-eleven Robber Killed By Police

george

Alleged 7-Eleven robber killed by police

BANGKOK: -- An alleged 7-eleven robber was killed by police shortly after leaving the shop with cash and mobile phone airtime refill cards.

Police were alerted of the robbery at the 7-Eleven branch on Soi Wang Lung in Bangkok Noi district at 5 am and arrived at the scene in time to try to arrest the two robbers.

But one of them threw a hand grenade at the two policemen who arrived on a motorcycle.

Pol Sgt Apirak Ketkerd then fired one shot, killing Nisit Samphancharoenkul, 21, at the scene.

Nisit's brother, Sujit Samphancharoenkul, 19, surrendered.

Sujit said they came from Tak but could not find job so they decided to rob the shop.

-- The Nation 2007-06-17

Fade in

7-11 masked in a warm light of the sun as it rises into the sky above Bagkok Noi. Out walk two brothers wearing George W masks holding loot from their successful scam to rob this center of wealth and bad tasting hot dogs.

Thai police officer in his tight brown uniform rides in on motorcycles. Officer stops and first throw ticket book at brothers and then pulls his gun loads one bullet in it.

Thai Police

(shot ringout a soi dog falls behind brothers)

Stop police.(officer realizes his mistake)

Stop police(reloads and shot rings out)

One George W masked robber falls other george W puts hands up dropping ill gotten lot. Thai police waves down and stops taxi with headlight broken and fines him 500 baht tea money then and walks over to food vendour and grabs a durien and places it in hand of downed George W robber.

Thai Police

That sure looks like a gernade.

Just trigger happy cops with a toy grenade just in case.

What a w@#$%er you are. The scumbags just did a hold-up, someone called the cops and they were confronted trying to make good their escape. The scrumbags threw what appeared to be a grenade at them and they got shot. Serves them right. Don't you think that if the cops were 'trigger happy' like you suggest that they would have something a little bit more incriminating than a toy grenade, drrrrrr like a hand gun? People like you complain about the police all the time. Even when they have done some good you turn it around and suggest otherwise. Get a life...........

so much for 1% unemployment. <_<

where would you buy a hand grenade?have to be exspensive,could have bought the phone cards instead of that and still be breathing ,stupid stupid kids :o

Only one of them died.

Just trigger happy cops with a toy grenade just in case.

What a w@#$%er you are. The scumbags just did a hold-up, someone called the cops and they were confronted trying to make good their escape. The scrumbags threw what appeared to be a grenade at them and they got shot. Serves them right. Don't you think that if the cops were 'trigger happy' like you suggest that they would have something a little bit more incriminating than a toy grenade, drrrrrr like a hand gun? People like you complain about the police all the time. Even when they have done some good you turn it around and suggest otherwise. Get a life...........

The cops certainly typed up the report like you called it, m8. :o The reality of what actually transpired might be a tad different... You don't live here, yes?

Yes the cops lie all the time and fake reports, but violent hold ups where innocent people die also go on all the time here. If they held up a 7/11 I'm more prone to believe the police in this situation, and if you do a hold up you risk your life regardless of throwing grenades at the cops! Whoever said trigger happy cops for this situation... geeze man, should the cops have used their vast education to psycobabble the criminals into peacefully turning themselves in? (please note the sarcasm) Do you live in my world? Even if there was no grenade they had to be armed with something to hold up the 7/11 and that makes your life forfeit here. If cops are shooting criminals GREAT, makes me feel a little more safe in an extremely dangerous country. But I have no illusions, I could have been standing behind the criminal and taken the bullet myself and they would have written it up so that 1) I was somehow involved in the crime or 2) (more likely) The criminals shot me instead.

I wanted to use a) and b ) instead of 1) and 2) but b comes up as a happy face heh

Damian

Edited by DamianMavis

There was one bit missing from the original story. I have added it below in bold:

Alleged 7-Eleven robber killed by police

BANGKOK: -- An alleged 7-eleven robber was killed by police shortly after leaving the shop with cash and mobile phone airtime refill cards.

Police were alerted of the robbery at the 7-Eleven branch on Soi Wang Lung in Bangkok Noi district at 5 am and arrived at the scene in time to try to arrest the two robbers.

But one of them threw a hand grenade at the two policemen who arrived on a motorcycle.

Pol Sgt Apirak Ketkerd then fired one shot, killing Nisit Samphancharoenkul, 21, at the scene, and then ran like a raped ape in case the grenade went off.

Nisit's brother, Sujit Samphancharoenkul, 19, surrendered.

Sujit said they came from Tak but could not find job so they decided to rob the shop.

-- The Nation 2007-06-17

My guess is the "robbers" got tired of waiting in line with 15 other customers at 7 while the 5 staff were busy counting things; working on the computer; talking to each other; eating noodles etc. (has anyone actually seen a 7-11 employee serve customers) so they got pi**ed off and did a snatch and grab thinking the staff were too busy to notice.

Cops came and shot one of them (how did the cops get there so fast?).

Call me a cynic

so much for 1% unemployment. <_<

where would you buy a hand grenade?have to be exspensive,could have bought the phone cards instead of that and still be breathing ,stupid stupid kids :D

Probably from the kids toys section at the back of the said 7/11.... :o

Soundman.

Edited by soundman

Sorry to rain on everybody's parade, but I find this quite sad. Some family is going to be minus two kids. One forever and one for a very long time. Pretty stiff sentence for them.

Sorry to rain on everybody's parade, but I find this quite sad. Some family is going to be minus two kids. One forever and one for a very long time. Pretty stiff sentence for them.

And if the grenade had gone off the robber might well have killed or injured many more.

I could post a cliche' like "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" but life isn't that simple.

The criminal's actions were in reckless disregard for all of those around him.

Little sympathy from me I'm afraid.

~WISteve

And if the grenade had gone off the robber might well have killed or injured many more.

I could post a cliche' like "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" but life isn't that simple.

The criminal's actions were in reckless disregard for all of those around him.

Little sympathy from me I'm afraid.

~WISteve

Agreed. A couple of real Darwin Awards go out to these two, if that account of the story is correct.

Scott I just don't understand you..... how sorry will you feel for them when they kill you? Why do you feel they should have the right and freedom to endanger everyone around them? I just don't get it..... sorry for the family? They raised a couple of dangerous weapon using criminals!

Damian

Good riddance to the ######er*s.

Good to see new members with constructive things to add.

Yes, smartie.. What do you want me to write? That I feel sorry for the Crook who got shot?

Don't understimate others, smart ass.