650 baht Insurance is not 650 baht

Bit of a non thread. It’s peanuts and ideal for the pass, which is what it is, no point in whinging about it. They’re also very responsive. Folks are getting proper coverage for cancellation/curtailment anyway right?

Edited by daveAustin

Is the insurance required for those with a Yellow House Book (based full-time in Thailand) who are just going over the border to do a visa renewal (Suvannakhet Non-o multi) for one night? Are they treated as returning residents rather than tourists?

7 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Is the insurance required for those with a Yellow House Book (based full-time in Thailand) who are just going over the border to do a visa renewal (Suvannakhet Non-o multi) for one night? Are they treated as returning residents rather than tourists?

You will need insurance to enter the country. It does not matter how long you stay out of the country and a yellow house book means nothing when entering the country.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jimn said:

So much misunderstanding of the policy. It is designed purely to meet the insurance requirements of the Thailand Pass. The policy cost is 650 baht. You have 2 choices

(1) If you wish the policy to be effective immediately you will need a negative RT PCR test

(2) If you wait 14 days before the policy is active no RT PCR test is required.

So much fuss over something so simple.

Yes this is what we were trying to say.

14 hours ago, 2long said:

Today I tried to do the Thai Pass as a tax-paying expat but I needed insurance. So I clicked on the ThaiPass 'buy insurance here' link, paid 650B, uploaded a screenshot (because the insurance company hadn't and still haven't sent me the promised email with the policy) and my Thai Pass was approved.

I couldn't give two hoots about the cover or policy (and I didn't read any small print or even large print).. I just wanted the ThaiPass to be approved, which it is.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone's charging 650B for non-existent cover that's connected to 'someone somewhere' but all I care about is a smooth journey back to Swampy.

This is very odd, as we have personally assisted with thousands of travelers obtaining this policy through our FWD link.

If you purchased through our page here
https://AQ.in.th/INSURANCE

We also provide you the document if you had any mail issues by emailing us at [email protected] (we also include a free DTAC 5G SIM now).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robin said:

I am becoming more and more confused as to what insurance I will need to enter Thailand.

it is all a scam  anyway, so why doesn't Thailand come clean and simply impose an entry fee for all non-Thais, of 1,000-10,000 Baht or equivalent.

Pay the money direct to Prayuth's or Anutin's bank for all I care, I just want to go back to the days when it was possible to travel to Thailand with just a visa and flight.  Thailand might actually get more tourists, and money, doing it this way

as mentioned many times, your regular travel insurance should be sufficient. you just need them to give you a Travel Certificate or a letter confirming that you're covered for Covid for to US$10K.

if you choose to travel without said insurance then sorry I can't help you anymore.