British press support UK pensioners losing out in Thailand

webfact

Maybe, just be thankful they can't stop payments altogether- believe me they would if they could.

Ultimately, the Gov will feel they have public support, and sadly they are probably right.  In fact, most of the pensioner's peers in the UK would likely vote to have expat pensions stopped completely imo - the rotters!  But there you have it!  We're doomed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Maybe, just be thankful they can't stop payments altogether- believe me they would if they could.

Ultimately, the Gov will feel they have public support, and sadly they are probably right.  In fact, most of the pensioner's peers in the UK would likely vote to have expat pensions stopped completely imo - the rotters!  But there you have it!  We're doomed.

I don't think that can happen just by saying I would not be alone in having to go back to UK and if I  had to may their God help them, they would have more than terrorist to worry about. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Everytime they get my proof life form back they probably think oh dam his still alive.

Especially if this form turns up on some desk in Newcastle upon Tyne at 23:59:59 on the deadline date with some itchy finger gleefully placed over the "Cease pension payments immediately" button!????

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, Neeranam said:

Surely you should be entitled to the increases if you pay tax in the UK. 

That said, I guess you knew the rules when you moved here. 

I didn't really know the rules when I decided to come here, pension was still 7 years away and hadn't paid much attention to the small print, learned a lot since. Knew some people that lived abroad and they didn't have a problem so to a certain extent assumed some uniformity, not that it would have made much difference.

Once the pension did kick in it wasn't a big deal in the early years but 10  years down the line a significant differential has developed.