Thailand’s COVID infections fall to below 10,000 first day in months on Monday

snoop1130

80D5E2D6-359D-4D0B-9243-EB490B0683DB.jpeg

Daily new COVID-19 infections are slowing, with 9,331 confirmed cases reported today (Monday), the first time the rate has dropped below 10,000 cases since early February.

The daily death toll is also falling, to 91 yesterday and 84 today.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Daily infection statistics in April saw rates fluctuating from 28,029 on April 2nd to 21,931 on April 21st, and they have continued to fall steadily.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-covid-infections-fall-to-below-10000-first-day-in-months-on-monday/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I suspect this has less to do with dropping numbers than it is to do with more people just not bothering report Covid now....

The worry has gone.

People are treating Covid like a common cold and just staying at home and isolating for 5-7 days.

Thats it - and thats all it needs to be now. 

• Like 1

Here, I corrected it for you.

Less that 10,000 people can now be arsed to go get tested. Everyone else decided they had enough and maybe, if they feel unwell, go pick up a test. If you're lucky they might stay home for bit.

• Like 1

I think it's more the fact that as pointed out in the Thai PBS World article, these figures are only for PCR tests. 

If Prachuabkhirikhan official figures are anything to go by, about 4 times as many people test positive using ATK tests every day, as via PCR.

Plus of course, that's in addition to those who test positive at home but don't bother to report their ATK test results. As @richard_smith237points out, many people just keep their results to themselves and self-isolate.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

isolating for 5-7 days.

in my part of the jungle, it's 10 days.   

Schools are beginning to open.  I think next week or the week after, or both.

kids can transform a city, if the R naught is still around 3 or 4 or whatever.    

Friend told me yesterday they are having a hard time breathing.  told to exercise (walk) every day.  

common cold......I agree with that EXCEPT the difficulty breathing part is worrisome.  Long-term problems?  maybe they need an inhaler.......lower oxygen?   That's disconcerting.  

13 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Friend told me yesterday they are having a hard time breathing.  told to exercise (walk) every day.  

common cold......I agree with that EXCEPT the difficulty breathing part is worrisome.  Long-term problems?  maybe they need an inhaler.......lower oxygen?   That's disconcerting

If somebody's having a hard time breathing, they should get their oxygen levels checked using a pulse oximeter. If their SpO2 level is less than 95% they may need further medical attention.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer